Rangers 1/2 year financial results?

nvager

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can a Board be so utterly divided over what should be strictly financial figures based on incomings and outgoings? It should be transparent and not debatable. WTF is going on inside Ibrox to hold up these accounts? Beggars belief!

With no home games in December that is one less month of incomings to consider; or maybe that is the problem.

fair enough. i just think walter smith has done alot to help with our present situation by winning the titles and in europe. i think the money issues have been caused by folk higher up the chain.

the reason smith gets some of the blame is that we were in a position where we HAD to win the league for the auto entry to the champions league

and this was caused by his recklessness before, during and after kaunas

smith cause a situation where the worlds most sucessful club had to win the league.

sorry but we have to win the league every year.

i also love the talk of the fact he never signed any midfielders. smith identified the midfielders he wanted and he never got them in time.

That's not too different to how I feel.

I love Walter Smith and he will ALWAYS be a legend in my eyes but his mistakes in the transfer market cannot be overlooked.

make no mistake, smith is stuck in a rut that he learned in his first era at the club

with basically a blank cheque book in his hand, he was able to solve any problems that arose during the season with a timely player purchase or 2, if someone didnt work out they were quickly moved on for a lesser fee and no one bothered

and give him credit, there were a lot more successful signings than failures

but unfortunately this time around he had to be more prudent with our clubs cash, and while he has made more good calls than bad in the market, unfortunately his bad calls have been highly costly in terms of our clubs future ability to improve the squad

As it stands at this moment. (A) interim results in respect of the first half of each financial year (beginning with the six

month period following the end of the last period for which audited accounts have been

published on admission) must be announced as soon as possible and in any event not later than three months after the end of the relevant period;

So it looks as if they have 9 months after the annuals are released to release the halfs, 6+3.

Everything at at our our club right now seems like some sort of charade, designed to keep our fans unsettled and in as much in the dark as possible.

If season tickets slump, they will have some balls to complain.

dont think its a question of if season tickets slump.going by the people i know and hear about we will be very lucky if we have 20/25 thousand next season. never known so many good gers men to be so sick by the state we are in.

As it stands at this moment. (A) interim results in respect of the first half of each financial year (beginning with the six

month period following the end of the last period for which audited accounts have been

published on admission) must be announced as soon as possible and in any event not later than three months after the end of the relevant period;

So it looks as if they have 9 months after the annuals are released to release the halfs, 6+3.

"beginning with the six month period following the end of the last period for which audited accounts have been published"

Refers to six months from the accounting year end (in our case, 6 months from 30 June), not the date of publication.

dont think its a question of if season tickets slump.going by the people i know and hear about we will be very lucky if we have 20/25 thousand next season. never known so many good gers men to be so sick by the state we are in.

I think this is something that will be reflected throughout (Scottish) football. Season ticket sales will be down big time, principally to do with the economic situation.

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so excited about the interim accounts. Here's a link to last year's:

http://www.rangers.co.uk/staticFiles/c5/49/0,,5~149957,00.pdf

Not much information there...

its true they dont tell you much.

but they are 3-4 weeks later than last years and only 2 weeks shy of breaching the rules for when they should be released. add in the press speculation and its no wonder people are curious as to whats going on.

id say they were waiting to release them after a bad result to cheer us up if there hadnt been several of those already.

"beginning with the six month period following the end of the last period for which audited accounts have been published"

Refers to six months from the accounting year end (in our case, 6 months from 30 June), not the date of publication.

Sorry I should have been clearer, we have until the end of this month to produce the halfs.

so in 15 days they are late as i understand it.

I think this is something that will be reflected throughout (Scottish) football. Season ticket sales will be down big time, principally to do with the economic situation.

The demise of season tickets can't come soon enough. Hopefully the general admission charges will be also be reduced.

agree re financial situation but i know guys like myself who have followed the gers for many years and have had enough.maybe if as a support we all refused, slippery dave would be forced to sell,because he will never sell for the figures mentioned while we are a cash cow for his ailing business

The demise of season tickets can't come soon enough. Hopefully the general admission charges will be also be reduced.

On the negative side: fewer season tickets = less money = lower wages/transfer fees = poorer quality players

On the positive side: clubs must work that much harder for our dollar = more attention paid to fans = more entertaining product

Seems to me that we are in a good position to weather the storm with a (potentially) fantastic crop of young players coming through and a first class training facility for them.

Alexander

Cole Bartley .?. Wylde

McGeough! Hutton Ness Weiss

Hemmings Fleck

Would win the SPL next year!

EverTheOptimistLoyal

so in 16 days they are late as i understand it.

March has 31 days mate so i changed that for you.

But seriously if its any day before the 31st they are early.

Why do we need to make a song and dance about every little thing? Maybe someone at the club is just noising queersy up? Who knows but until they become late why the panic? iirc our last results were later than the year before??

agree re financial situation but i know guys like myself who have followed the gers for many years and have had enough.maybe if as a support we all refused, slippery dave would be forced to sell,because he will never sell for the figures mentioned while we are a cash cow for his ailing business

Whatever your view on the past, we are certainly not that nowadays.

We'll all soon need to make decisions about season tickets that are the right decisions for ourselves. I will be buying my season ticket for next year.

On the negative side: fewer season tickets = less money = lower wages/transfer fees = poorer quality players

On the positive side: clubs must work that much harder for our dollar = more attention paid to fans = more entertaining product

Seems to me that we are in a good position to weather the storm with a (potentially) fantastic crop of young players coming through and a first class training facility for them.

Alexander

Cole Bartley .?. Wylde

McGeough! Hutton Ness Weiss

Hemmings Fleck

Would win the SPL next year!

EverTheOptimistLoyal

I was talking about across the board, not just Rangers/Scotland, but of course your points are still valid.

As to our crop of younger players, I agree, with the exception of your right-mid choice :shifty:. I just hope that the new manager has the balls to go down that route?