***The Official Rangers vs. Kilmarnock Thread***

Muff

you cant just class whittaker as a defender. he plays anywhere, and many have said he's better attacking than defending. so with regards to who is fit, the starting XI is easily good enough to beat killie, no matter what formation gets used!

In adherence to my tradition of trying not to criticise the line-ups and tactics before the game has even started in case I end up looking like a tit, I'll refrain from doing so now, but I am nevertheless dismayed at the look of that and desperately hope to be proven wrong.

It's Killie for fuck's sake.

I suppose its just the points that matter, but my God Walter if that is the official team then that's shocking.

How to hell are we to ever improve the fluency and attacking ability in the side if we play so many defensive minded players in unfamiliar positions? Especially when you have more attack minded players on the bench.

Im glad I had no money to go to this today, already dishing out enough for thursday and sunday to watch us set up negative, but being negative against killie is really shocking, those tactics would be better if we had pace on the wings which we would have he were to start wylde n weiss on the wings.

ffs 6 defenders in the team. We will still win but it will be a scrappy one by a goal or 2 instead of the hammering we could give them if we grew some balls and attacked them. Really dont like whittaker in midfield.

you cant just class whittaker as a defender. he plays anywhere, and many have said he's better attacking than defending. so with regards to who is fit, the starting XI is easily good enough to beat killie, no matter what formation gets used!

The team has the quality to beat killie , but you can bet we will make it hard for ourselfs . There is no pace going forward and there weiss and wylde should both be starting imo if they did we could have the game killed off inside half an hour

i dont think it will be negative. there's no reason we cant leave boughy, weir and bartley to defend. and let foster and papac attack at will.

4-4-2 for whatever reason hasnt been working all that well, maybe we're going to see something different? turning our solid defenive european formation in to a very attacking one in spl?? i'm probably wrong, but thats what im hoping to see if it is lining up 3-5-2

The team has the quality to beat killie , but you can bet we will make it hard for ourselfs . There is no pace going forward and there weiss and wylde should both be starting imo if they did we could have the game killed off inside half an hour

id love weiss and wylde to be starting. maybe weiss is being saved to start thursday, bearing in mind he's only just back from injury

I really hope we're going with 2 upfront here. If it's 1 up, then Weiss or Wylde would have been a better option to Whittaker imo. Still don't like playing with 3 central defenders. It's KIlmarnock we're playing against ffs. Are we playing 3 just to keep Weir in the team??

Is he playing Bartley because he has to keep Arsenal happy and play Weir because he will never drop him thereby avoiding any "issues"

In other words trying to keep everyone happy.

Too stubborn to drop Weir even though a CB pairing of Bougherra and Bartley is our best option.

I don't care what anyone says but that's a dreadful line up!

Too stubborn to drop Weir even though a CB pairing of Bougherra and Bartley is our best option.

I don't care what anyone says but that's a dreadful line up!

our best option is 3 at the back. its a clear statistical winner.

now the issue is getting the midfield working better to give us more of a threat.