Smith calls for supporter patience

WV37RangersvKilmarnock.jpgThe manager Walter Smith today spoke after the game of the frustration that was felt throughout the stadium by the supporters and probably by the players and managers too. Smith though was defiant and urged the support to remember that the team are still competing on three fronts and the trip to Eindhoven last week will have drained the players a little.

Smith pointed to the fact that the most important objective had been met, in the last two games, Rangers have picked up six points, "There has to be a bit of understanding from people in terms of what we are trying to achieve at the moment. I said before the St Mirren game last week that we had two very important league matches and we've won both now."

View the full article

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm glad that he's acknowledged this - sometimes the tiredness excuse wears thin.

Especially when too many players look lost and incapable of turning on the ball and driving into space nevermind finding a man in a blue shirt.

Well rotate the fucking squad then!

There is absolutely no logic in complaining about the size of the squad if he's going to continually play Edu, regardless of form, and leave Hutton on the bench who deserves a start.

Get Wylde and Weiss on both wings - on their natural sides - and let them run at full-backs as wingers should.

So why no changes (bar bringing McGregor and Papac back in)? - had more than enough on the bench to make a few changes.

Why is a 40 year old playing every game if he is drained. Instead of resting him, we set a team around him...

Fucking patience? Today was fucking dire, the worst I've seen in a while... and thats saying something.

I'd really like to know whats on that fucking clipboard, because when it hit 1-1 the management team stood looking at it for a good 5mins before even calling a player in from their warm up, and even then they stood with Weiss and Lafferty for another good few minutes before putting them on.

They need to get their fingers out their arses, because with tactics like today we will win fuck all

we can't keep playing 3 centre backs to support weir, it just seems bizzare! Smith needs to have more faith in the youngsters at Ibrox. We have all seen the talent within the likes of hutton and wylde, but yet smith still feels the need to play players that are not fit enough for the jersey. its beyond me, he can't blame it all on tiredness when there are laddies on the bench screaming out for a game!

Fucking patience? Today was fucking dire, the worst I've seen in a while... and thats saying something.

I'd really like to know whats on that fucking clipboard, because when it hit 1-1 the management team stood looking at it for a good 5mins before even calling a player in from their warm up, and even then they stood with Weiss and Lafferty for another good few minutes before putting them on.

They need to get their fingers out their arses, because with tactics like today we will win fuck all

St. Mirren was worse!

St. Mirren was worse!

Correct we pay alot of money to see our team and the standard of football being served up recently has been nothing short of a disgrace.

At the end of the day a win is a win but FFS 5-4-1 against SPL teams is a complete and utter joke

Sick of Smiths pish he could have freshened the team today..

-------------------------------Shagger--------------------------------

Foster---------------------Bartley---------------Boughy------------Papac----

Weiss-------------------Hutton----------------Davis---------------------Wylde---

---------------------------jella-----------------Healy---------------------

Resting Weir Diouf Edu whitty on bench Lafferty Fleck.

Well rotate the fucking squad then!

There is absolutely no logic in complaining about the size of the squad if he's going to continually play Edu, regardless of form, and leave Hutton on the bench who deserves a start.

Get Wylde and Weiss on both wings - on their natural sides - and let them run at full-backs as wingers should.

This.

Didnt make the game today but listened to it on the radio and have watched some highlights. Can't believe we didnt start with at least one of Wylde aand/or Weiss. At home to Killie. Also can't believe we didn't rotate more players. It's clear that the likes of Davis and Bougherra are very tired (mentally?) having played pretty constant football for the past 3 seasons. Edu is bang out of form - why not start Hutton? Diouf seemed to be too far away from Jelvic the whole game - so no wingers and effectively one up front at home to a Killie team shorn of its best players?

If we win the league i will bow down to Smith's judgement but i can't see it with these negative selections and set-ups.

Didnt make the game today but listened to it on the radio and have watched some highlights. Can't believe we didnt start with at least one of Wylde aand/or Weiss. At home to Killie. Also can't believe we didn't rotate more players. It's clear that the likes of Davis and Bougherra are very tired (mentally?) having played pretty constant football for the past 3 seasons. Edu is bang out of form - why not start Hutton? Diouf seemed to be too far away from Jelvic the whole game - so no wingers and effectively one up front at home to a Killie team shorn of its best players?

If we win the league i will bow down to Smith's judgement but i can't see it with these negative selections and set-ups.

Still won 3 points did we not ?

Still won 3 points did we not ?

Papering over the cracks mate. There's a fine line.

3 points are all that matters. Totally agree, but it's alarming the sort of pish tactics and team selections he enjoys employing.

Papering over the cracks mate. There's a fine line.

3 points are all that matters. Totally agree, but it's alarming the sort of pish tactics and team selections he enjoys employing.

Ano it is mate but I have got to the point were there is nothing else but being able to paper over the cracks.

It is soul destroying to watch most of the times, like I said in another thread play weir in european matches if you want to go defensive but how can he not see a 4-4-2 in the league ? It really isn't rocket science.

Millsy - like i said in my post i'd be delighted if we won the league playing like this and sneaking 1-0 wins. I just said i can't see it.

Not saying anything against that mate, I can see us still winning it but the negative shit is becoming beyond a joke !