If we win this league

dickieboo1972

I have read for weeks upon months and (in some circumstances)upon years on this forum of people moaning, whinging, bitching and acting like little spoilt brats about actually WINNING LEAGUES AND CUPS AND GETTING INTO LATTER STAGES OF EUROPE???

I have said this a million times... if you hate the standard of football, the tactics that this SUCCESSFUL Rangers side employs, then pack your bags, piss off down south and watch Arsenal. You will see 10 million passes, extravagant passing displays but you know what... you will get beat off of a relegation candidate in the one cup final you get to for 5 years. ENJOY!

Walter is a club legend, he has us in a great position to be in our 2nd euro quarter final in 3 years, and oh by the way he has won quite a few things has he not? If you are a supporter then you support, you deal with defeat, you rise above it and continue to SUPPORT. If not, you are not a real supporter. But guess what? We barely even need to deal with defeat! And still plebs on here cant get through a weekend without spitting foul bile about a guy who has brought every single person more happy times than anyone in the clubs history!!!

Walter is stubborn, he is old fashioned, he has a way of doing things and he is never going to change. He has a poor squad of players due to having one year out of 4 where he had any kind of money to spend and the fact the club was horrendously mismanaged by our invisible ex-chairman.

If he wins this league and gets a wee result thurs then thats 3/4 leagues, 2/4 scottish cups, 3or4/4 league cups and a minimum of 2/4 euro quarter finals in 4 years. His ways of doing so are his business and he rightfully has no time or place for any bollocks amateur tactical babblings on this site.

ANTI-FOOTBALL AND TROPHIES ALL THE WAY

I have read for weeks upon months and (in some circumstances)upon years on this forum of people moaning, whinging, bitching and acting like little spoilt brats about actually WINNING LEAGUES AND CUPS AND GETTING INTO LATTER STAGES OF EUROPE???

I have said this a million times... if you hate the standard of football, the tactics that this SUCCESSFUL Rangers side employs, then pack your bags, piss off down south and watch Arsenal. You will see 10 million passes, extravagant passing displays but you know what... you will get beat off of a relegation candidate in the one cup final you get to for 5 years. ENJOY!

Walter is a club legend, he has us in a great position to be in our 2nd euro quarter final in 3 years, and oh by the way he has won quite a few things has he not? If you are a supporter then you support, you deal with defeat, you rise above it and continue to SUPPORT. If not, you are not a real supporter. But guess what? We barely even need to deal with defeat! And still plebs on here cant get through a weekend without spitting foul bile about a guy who has brought every single person more happy times than anyone in the clubs history!!!

Walter is stubborn, he is old fashioned, he has a way of doing things and he is never going to change. He has a poor squad of players due to having one year out of 4 where he had any kind of money to spend and the fact the club was horrendously mismanaged by our invisible ex-chairman.

If he wins this league and gets a wee result thurs then thats 3/4 leagues, 2/4 scottish cups, 3or4/4 league cups and a minimum of 2/4 euro quarter finals in 4 years. His ways of doing so are his business and he rightfully has no time or place for any bollocks amateur tactical babblings on this site.

ANTI-FOOTBALL AND TROPHIES ALL THE WAY

Good post - but the rabid anti-smith Brigade will be out to get you.

This is a rangers forum mate where people have there oppinions on Rangers FC not eveyone will agree ,but hey thats what its all about on here.

If your happy watching Anti Football thats your oppinion im NOT, i like to get entertained once in a while.

Walter Smith is a rangers legend for what he has achieved as Rangers manager no one can take that away from him.

What if we win nothing though?

if we win nothing then it has been a hugely disappointing end to what has been a herculian effort by every member of the squad and managment to challenge on 4 fronts for an entire season taking into account injuries and the loss of a 23 goal in 6 months striker to an already threadbare squad.

Walter will still be a Hero and always will.

Good post - but the rabid anti-smith Brigade will be out to get you.

true mate, but honestly i could not care less. something has to be said when a post like 'le guen would be better' is put up. honestly that made me vomit. talk about walter being stubborn??? this is the guy who insisted svensson and hemdani at centre half was the partnership to go with at the back!!! svensson couldnt win a header if his life depended on it and hemdani was never a centre back to start with!

It's a question of balance.

Whenever our closest rivals start playing attractive football, and winning, we're going to start wondering why we can't play like that. The Old Firm is about the here and now; past success counts for nothing, and if you're second best, then it's a crisis.

This Rangers team have been appalling to watch in recent times, but they have won things, and that's the priority. Now that there's a chance that we won't get things our own way this season, the alarm bells have started ringing, and the daggers have been brought out.

Winning is simply the only thing that matters when you're an OF boss. Irrespective of what type of football you play. For all its preachers, attacking football doesn't give you much patience with the fans if you're losing (PLG, Mowgli).

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing more I'd like to see than Rangers playing a high tempo pressing game based around possession if we won things, but the winning by far takes priority over the style.

Exactly, couldn't put it any better myself.

I think 90% of the Rangers support would take trophys anyway they come, no matter how we play. Yes it would be nice to play good football while winning, but even the best sides find that a difficult task - ask Arsene Wenger.

People are worrying because unless you are completely blind and arrogant then you can see that Walter and the players need a kick up the arse. A certain amount of people on here have been saying it since the Uefa Cup final, others have only just come to terms with the fact that we are rank at the moment and we are struggling big time especially with Celtic actually having a decent side this season. Something needs to be done, because if we carry on like this then we aren't winning anything this season.

So yes it would be nice to win playing good football, but at the same time winning is always the most important thing. However we cannot go through the rest of the season playing this badly.