Anybody think Bob Malcolm was underrated?

Boab

Surely no one can forget THAT volley against Dundee at Ibrox.

His first volley smacked off a defenders arm, Bob protests, with arms in air calling for a penalty, volleys it a second time into top corner :)

He played Centre back that day, and was with out a doubt man of the match, he might even have captained the team.

In 20 years, people will take the piss out of him probably, but it's nice too have good memorys of players like bob.

He was a good passer and did play a big part in the treble season with Advocaat.....

Over to you....

I haven't read any of the thread. Will once I've posted this.

Boab was criminally underated BIG style. He was a TERRIFIC passer of the ball, and the more time he got in the first time, the better his reading of the game got, and the more he started to break up opposition play, and distribute the ball out. He had a magnificent sense of vision and could pick out a 60 yard pass out almost effortlessly.

Furthermore his freekicks and corners were of the quality we'd missed since the DA era - his delivery was pinpoint and we actually began to look dangerous. I couldn't believe the accuracy he had, given the maligning he got.

He wasn't the brightest, and did some daft things while he was here, but his passing and dead ball usage was absolutely top drawer.

I accepted him moving on, as I admit he was not massively mobile, but he had great strengths nevertheless.

Great thread btw.

I will be very interested to see others' opinions.

Bob Malcolm was without any question the best passer of a ball at Ibrox. His range and quality as well as his decision making were streets ahead of any other player in the squad.

HOWEVER,

He was seriously unfit, and seriously short of pace. This meant that he was not the kind of player who we could carry in the team.

Fair post.

Good to see you recognise his definite qualities. And I agree to an extent with the criticisms.