4 Managers In 10 Years

minstral

I don't recall any at Ibrox that have had the desired outcome for those involved, probably down to numbers, I suppose.

numbers and ambush. murrays very very clever at these things you know we have an american international thats only here because murray wanted to take the heat of for a start.

but most have provoked some reation at very least.

We were in a European final the season previous, so couldn't have been mugs. We were also the first team to beat the reigning pub team cup champions.

You'll need to ask the old bastards for witness statements! :D

We were in the final the same season. I think I'm right in saying that Madrid, Milan and Glasgow are the only cities to have two teams in a European final in the same year.

We had a good team at times back then. I was young but my impression was that, yes, they obviously had the upper hand, but NIAR was not a true reflection.

It's incredible that a club of our standing and history has only had 12 managers

I find great proudness of that fact

I wonder if that's another record of some kind? I remember the English used to go on about West Ham having the fewest mangers but that was ages ago and the've had a shed load since.

We were in the final the same season. I think I'm right in saying that Madrid, Milan and Glasgow are the only cities to have two teams in a European final in the same year.

We had a good team at times back then. I was young but my impression was that, yes, they obviously had the upper hand, but NIAR was not a true reflection.

Interesting about the cities, mate. We finished runner-up to them in six of the nine years. They managed it twice in our run.

We had four managers between June 1998-June 2011, all of thirteen years. The tims had Vegloss(sp), Barnes, King Kenny of Liverpool, O'Neill, Strachan, Mowbray and Lennon. Thats seven in thirteen.

And he was up against a football writer/journalist who really wanted to manage Rangers, one Willie Waddell

THAT'S IT.

Been racking my brains all day about what my mate kept going on about when he talked about DW and that was it.

Said WW essentially tried to bring down White on his own.

THAT'S IT.

Been racking my brains all day about what my mate kept going on about when he talked about DW and that was it.

Said WW essentially tried to bring down White on his own.

And Waddell didn't only bring Davie White down, but he humiliated him in the papers and the support turned on White, but more importantly the Rangers directors turned on the manager, remember the newspaper headlines written by Waddell describing the Rangers manager as "THE BOY DAVID"