Scott Brown ban.

papaguy51

Three-game ban hits Hibee Brown

Hibs will lose influential midfielder Scott Brown for the first three matches after the SPL split.

The 21-year-old Scotland international picked up his 14th booking of the season in the 1-1 draw at St Mirren.

The suspension does not apply until 18 April, therefore Brown is free to face Dunfermline on Saturday and again in the Scottish Cup semi-final.

Brown will have to sit out on a visit to Aberdeen and home games against Rangers and Kilmarnock.

"Of course, we will miss him," manager John Collins told the Edinburgh Evening News. "He gives us that energy, power and ability to drive past players.

"It's disappointing but I think he has done ever so well, his discipline has been fantastic recently.

"Suspensions are part and parcel of the game, however, and someone will have to step in and take on that role.

"It will be hard to do so but we will do our best to get someone prepared for it."

-----------------------------------------------

This would put a lot of people off Brown. I think he's quite an average player anyway, but his discipline is nowhere near what a Rangers player needs.

The only player who's disciplinary record seems to have got worse the older he gets.

As posted by RFC no1fan,

Brown s the player he is because of his temprament, aggression and in your face attitute. Take that out his game and Scott Brown wouldnt be the player he is now or have the potentiel to become greater in the future.

We need some bite and aggression in the team, We need someone with a never say die attitute, someone who gets into the oppositions head. Scott Brown does that.

You obviously havent seen a lot of Scott Brown, He runs box to box constantly throughout the duration of each game. Tackles, scores goals, plays killer passes. He has everything you want in a professional footballer. If all players had the same mentally and attitude as Scott Brown they would be doing well. He leads by example and brings the best out of his team mates with his never say die attitute.

Scott Brown has to be signed...........End of story

He was one of the best players on the park against Italy. He totally turned the game when he came on against Georgia. Scott Brown has bags of quality and is only going to get better.

He is a must signing for Rangers!!

He was one of the best players on the park against Italy. He totally turned the game when he came on against Georgia. Scott Brown has bags of quality and is only going to get better.

He is a must signing for Rangers!!

The main figure being banded about is £4mil, I just think we could do better for that money.

Scotland's best and only answer to Rino Gattuso - not quite in the wee mans league but not too far away. Anyone who doesnt rate brown as a player needs their head read. The guy is a fit as f**k and can definitely play. The best thing about him is that he clearly LOVES playing and mixes it big style. I love that in a player - he's got what it takes no mistakes!

I dont know if we could attract bigger and better for a number of reasons. Scott Brown and Ferguson looked great together, they were on the same wave-length and linked up well together. Brown is only going to get better. He could be a vital player for years and years if he came to Ibrox. He has the makings to be future Rangers and Scotland captain if he keeps on improving. He also wouldnt cost mega wages and would have a good sell on fee.

I dont know if we could attract bigger and better for a number of reasons. Scott Brown and Ferguson looked great together, they were on the same wave-length and linked up well together. Brown is only going to get better. He could be a vital player for years and years if he came to Ibrox. He has the makings to be future Rangers and Scotland captain if he keeps on improving. He also wouldnt cost mega wages and would have a good sell on fee.

You are slowly convincing me, must admit...

Three-game ban hits Hibee Brown

Hibs will lose influential midfielder Scott Brown for the first three matches after the SPL split.

The 21-year-old Scotland international picked up his 14th booking of the season in the 1-1 draw at St Mirren.

The suspension does not apply until 18 April, therefore Brown is free to face Dunfermline on Saturday and again in the Scottish Cup semi-final.

Brown will have to sit out on a visit to Aberdeen and home games against Rangers and Kilmarnock.

"Of course, we will miss him," manager John Collins told the Edinburgh Evening News. "He gives us that energy, power and ability to drive past players.

"It's disappointing but I think he has done ever so well, his discipline has been fantastic recently.

"Suspensions are part and parcel of the game, however, and someone will have to step in and take on that role.

"It will be hard to do so but we will do our best to get someone prepared for it."

-----------------------------------------------

This would put a lot of people off Brown. I think he's quite an average player anyway, but his discipline is nowhere near what a Rangers player needs.

The only player who's disciplinary record seems to have got worse the older he gets.

Charlie Adam and Nacho Novo will miss Rangers game this weekend due to picking up to many bookings. Are they disciplined players? Do they play for Rangers?

Charlies picks up bookings for being lazy and Nacho gets his bookings for being petulant.

Barry missed our most important game of the season due to indiscipline. Does he make an impact when playing for Rangers?

I'd rather we picked up bookings throughout the season in the mannor that Scott Brown has mainly picked up his bookings (By giving his all, and mistiming a few tackles because he is a winner). Players like Brown pick up bookinngs throuighout the course of the season when they play hard, are commited and want to win. Many players do not succeed as they dont have the drive, aggression and attitute that goes along with this.

Rangers need Scott Brown, More than Scott Brown needs Rangers. So think about it, Before you say " I dont really rate him"

Forget him he will disappoint your expectations and he is a liability...believe me I know

Just let Tony ''Ive got the ugliest monkey coupon face in fitba management'' Mowbray take him tae Brom coz that will be the pinacle of his career (beer)

Brown is a great player, great partener for fergie. Plus, when the time comes when we need to phase fergie out, he has a partener in thomson in the team he has shown he can work well with.

Brown is a requirement if we intend to compete next season.

Brown is a great player, great partener for fergie. Plus, when the time comes when we need to phase fergie out, he has a partener in thomson in the team he has shown he can work well with.

Brown is a requirement if we intend to compete next season.

Ah the science of fitba eh......if the practice was as easy as the theory pal we would be world beaters :pipeguy:

Okay fish, give us your deep, thoughtful insight to who Rangers should be buying, 'cause every player that gets mentioned on here get slated by you.

Brown will be a good signing, and on the fee, I tend to go with Frankie on this, we have agreed with Hibs a deal is done and it ain't for £4M. Before anyone asks for a source, I have none, I have just heard from too many different people that it is a done deal.

Okay fish, give us your deep, thoughtful insight to who Rangers should be buying, 'cause every player that gets mentioned on here get slated by you.

Brown will be a good signing, and on the fee, I tend to go with Frankie on this, we have agreed with Hibs a deal is done and it ain't for £4M. Before anyone asks for a source, I have none, I have just heard from too many different people that it is a done deal.

Ive said several times recently I would prefer not to discuss players who are not up to standard for RFC, I would prefer Murray to get some dosh oot and buy quality, would you not prefer that....

Now before ye start another rant in my direction go and read what I posted first thing this morning and you will find out who I would like to see playing for us, he is the only one during the present climate I would like to see..the others like Gow Broadfoot are way way below the standard EVERY RFC supporter should expect.

Murray is doing a grand job on all of yeez thats all I can say (beer)

Brown is just the type of player we need and I question your judgement if you think he is average. We should sign him (assuming we can afford him).

I'd contend the type of in-your-face, physical and yes, even ill-discipline Brown brings to a midfield is exactly what we've been missing from our team in recent years.

Obviously, bans and suspensions are not what we need but for too long our midfield (and team generally) have been far too weak when it counts. I remember when we had players like Souness, Hurlock, Ian Ferguson, McCall and even Gascoigne. All picked up their fair share of bans but they were worth it because we could bully teams and win the physcial battle.

We've not done that for years and some could say it directly contributes to our lack of domestic success.

Browns temper is the only thing that worries me. He has the talent but in an Old Firm, one of the biggest games in the world, he can't go out there with the attitude he has.

When he makes the step up wherever that may be (i don't belive this this deal is wrapped up) then he has to sort out his attitude because at times it stinks.

If the deal was wrapped up, SDM would have announced it already to show his "commitment" to the club.

Not if the selling club had made privacy an understandable stipulation of the deal given their Scottish and League cup challenges were still very strong.

I'd contend the type of in-your-face, physical and yes, even ill-discipline Brown brings to a midfield is exactly what we've been missing from our team in recent years.

I've watched him quite a bit lately. The CIS final, two Scotland games and the Edinburgh derby and he has been pretty restrained. I get the impression that he is making an effort. Ill dicipline *is* a problem of that there is no doubt.

Discipline is/was a problem with a lot of top players. Look at Scholes, Zidane, Keane, De Rossi, Guti etc. Take that bite, agression and commitment away from them and they wouldn't of been the players they were.

I agree with Briton, in the last number of games he really has tried to keep his cool. He was jeered by the Hearts fans and could of lost the plot, but he didnt.