R Forsyth Article in the Telegraph Re RFC

nvager

Please read this article and tell me WHY the necessity for the ending comments.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...06/sfnrod06.xml

Mate to be perfectly honest with ye I gave up reading it have way down the page I cant be fecked with giving the likes of him attention or my reading time...

Its just the same wee dig we get from everyone of them who seek attention from us the majority.....

I will remind you all.....In all my years following Rangers and before we signed Mo the only gripe we got from the scum was, we didnt sign catholics.

So we signed Mo but it wasnt to thier liking, it seemed they wanted to choose who we should sign and they still behave in a way that comes across as if they would still like a say on how RFC is run, and they are actually doing it in some sort of way after gnawing away at our traditions over the years.

These kuntz as I said like Forsyth and media kuntz before him just seek attention, they were all happy to report everything about RFC before aw this sheeite came to a head without really mentioning sectarian issues coz they needed us and they would not have been let near Ibrox, its just sour grapes with the old chip on the shoulder hence the reason they are the real feckin bigots.....

NO SURRENDER WE ARE THE PEOPLE THE BILLY BOYS LIVE ON

Please read this article and tell me WHY the necessity for the ending comments.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...06/sfnrod06.xml

no need at all, but looks like no matter what rangers do some people will never change their views (doob)

Its coz thet hate our very existence....I would advise all of you to take great care

How much longer are you going to take all this. they are trying to get the upperhand at all costs and it may reach a point where its gone too far for us to reverse it, coz that is thier target

Stand up for you rights and beliefs and fight the barstewards coz as long as Im on this feckin planet I will never give in to them

NO SURRENDER !!

The main thing of note for me is that Mr Forsyth goes onto discuss UEFA safety issues in his 3rd section and totally ignores the terrible treatment of the Rangers support in Spain.

This 'article' shows in one obvious biased and disgusting report the problems we face with certain sections of the media. Yet, some will STILL defend Forsyth and his ilk.

i may need corrected here but i am sure that near the last game of the season at half time 2 school teams come onto the pitch at ibrox and play a 10 minute final in the ground, i am sure the last time i seen this it was 2 schools from the cathlic religion that were in the final.

Does anyone remember this?

As for the reporter (pfft) and his article (pfft) it just proves that as we move forward as a club and supporters, some people are stuck in the past, i notice there is no relevance to mr adams past or the fact that sien fein have also employed another terrorists into thier so called political party.

Sien fein have indeed waded through blood of the protestant religion, we sing about it and they actually carry it out, but are rewarded with a well paid position and a say in the goverment of the country they scared with thier terrorism and blatent disregard for the law and human life.

Oh yes we are the big bad bigots and the vain of scottish society.

Give me a effing break.

they will never be happy because every time we give a inch they want a mile.

1989 RFC gave them what they wanted......REJECTED!

Lets hit the orange barstewards with other issues like thier songs etc and why they hold annual walks in thier own country

AB:

It is quite simple. That article is biased against Rangers and their support. It shows exactly what we're up against and, quite frankly, it sickens and upsets me at just how disgraceful it is. This 'reporter' does everything he can to criticise Rangers and our background (despite the interesting subject) and then ignores the disgraceful problems we faced in Spain at the same time. How on earth can he justify such coverage?

I'm sure we'll get the usual few on saying there are similar things said about Celtic (where!?) and we should just ignore it. At the risk of sounding like our resident water-dweller it's time they took their heads out of the sand and realised that the media witchhunt continues unabated.

:(

Frankie i am getting sick of all these reporters and journos that do nothing more than constantly report on rangers and the supporters being bigotted.

It is getting a bit of a joke, this is what causes the lack of comunication from the club to the fans, no one at rangers trusts the press including the fans.

Surely some of this can be classed as liabilise (sp).

They are too careful to make it challenged by law. But even if it was the club wouldn't do so when they allow such articles with comment or criticism.

That is just as - if not more - upsetting that the people we trust to run our club do not defend our good name.

i may need corrected here but i am sure that near the last game of the season at half time 2 school teams come onto the pitch at ibrox and play a 10 minute final in the ground, i am sure the last time i seen this it was 2 schools from the cathlic religion that were in the final.

Does anyone remember this?

As for the reporter (pfft) and his article (pfft) it just proves that as we move forward as a club and supporters, some people are stuck in the past, i notice there is no relevance to mr adams past or the fact that sien fein have also employed another terrorists into thier so called political party.

Sien fein have indeed waded through blood of the protestant religion, we sing about it and they actually carry it out, but are rewarded with a well paid position and a say in the goverment of the country they scared with thier terrorism and blatent disregard for the law and human life.

Oh yes we are the big bad bigots and the vain of scottish society.

Give me a effing break.

You may be correct about the 2 deno minational schools AirdrieBear, but that was not his point. His point was that it was a GAA school which is another dimension from simply a denominational school (from both sides of the 'divide'). So in this respect his article is factually correct.

As Frankie says their is real potential for a very interesting article in this story, because of the GAA connection with the IRA etc and the Paisley / Adams story. But, as everyone can see, Forsyth has demonstrated his own bigotry with how he has slanted the story. It has no purpose or relevance within the article other than to perpetuate division and hatred.

Guest orangpendek

well, there's 2 issues.

1- well done at least for highlighting the visit, i haven't heard anyone else do so.

2- why the need to put the wee snidey twist in at the end? what purpose does it serve? i'm not asking for anyone to fawn over the 'new' rangers. but if the club are to be sniped at for the mistakes of the past, plenty of people will simply say there you go, we can't win and they won't even try. is that what forsyth wants?

i only hope this doesn't go out nationally, the false impresion people must be getting of glasgow is quite horrifying. in fact, i may just call upon the chamber of commerce to ask writers to show a little more realism in their articles. by all means highlight what they perceieve to be the horrors of bigotry (which i perceieve to be way down my list of priorities) but make it clear it's not actually the all consuming passion of the entire glasgow area.

So it was that last week he sat down alongside his sworn political, religious and cultural enemy, Gerry Adams, to proclaim a new dawn for Northern Ireland.

Ah,so it was Gerry Adams religion & politics that made him Paisley's sworn enemy.

Shucks,here's me thinking it was because Adams was one unrepentent, murdering

terrorist lowlife f*cker.

A pretty well-balanced article. Forsyth talks about attitudes on both sides and overall the visit gives a positive message about Rangers.

The attitude that "they're all out to get us" will do us no good at all.

A pretty well-balanced article. Forsyth talks about attitudes on both sides and overall the visit gives a positive message about Rangers.

WHy did he not mention our treatment in Spain?

WHy did he not mention our treatment in Spain?

It was about Italy.

But if you're not aware of ''they're all out to get us'' they will !

It was an ideal opportunity for such a balanced journalist to use what happened in Italy (and in Spain and France this season) to widen the debate to include the terrible treatment our fans suffered.

But, no, he preferred to use his column to once again attack our support.

You mention balance but the boys also visited Celtic Park and I didn't read Forsyth mention the sectarian songs their support sing. Yes, very balanced.

there are certain posters come on and have a go at our fans all the time why.

Some would prefer to defend the sensationalist gutter press while questioning those of us who are disappointed with such obviously provoactive and unconstructive coverage.

Why is it Rangers fans can always be the offensive ones but can never be the offended ones?

It was an ideal opportunity for such a balanced journalist to use what happened in Italy (and in Spain and France this season) to widen the debate to include the terrible treatment our fans suffered.

But, no, he preferred to use his column to once again attack our support.

You mention balance but the boys also visited Celtic Park and I didn't read Forsyth mention the sectarian songs their support sing. Yes, very balanced.

I'm glad we agree. :)

The big picture is the article was good news about Rangers (the unremarkable event of a bunch of Irish folk visiting Parkhead is a side issue). But, if you look for it hard enough, you can usually find something to whinge about.

there are certain posters come on and have a go at our fans all the time why.

Some would prefer to defend the sensationalist gutter press while questioning those of us who are disappointed with such obviously provoactive and unconstructive coverage.

Why is it Rangers fans can always be the offensive ones but can never be the offended ones?

frankie if they would put the same amount of effort fighting our critics perhaps we would get somewhere.