R Forsyth Article in the Telegraph Re RFC

nvager

The article topic was an interesting one but the author used it simply to write the usual snide and negative nonsense we are reading every day. You can bold the good news bit all you like but many people would have missed that message because of the way the article finished.

To suggest it was't balanced isn't whinging but simply showing that once again our support is fair game while others are ignored.

Now, once again, if the writer is so balanced, why didn't he mention the disgraceful treatment by Rangers fans in Spain when discussing the current problems of policing abroad? For the Scottish corrospondent to ignore that in favoring of restricting his comment to Italian authorties is churlish at best.

The article topic was an interesting one but the author used it simply to write the usual snide and negative nonsense we are reading every day.

To suggest it was't balanced isn't whinging but simply showing that once again our support is fair game while others are ignored.

Now, once again, if the writer is so balanced, why didn't he mention the disgraceful treatment by Rangers fans in Spain when discussing the current problems of policing abroad?

Once again, he didn't mention Spain because he was talking about Italy.

I'm not going to argue about this all night. So, to sum up, I'm all for people complaining about articles that are really unfair but not for attempted nitpicking about articles that are spreading positive news about Rangers.

The article topic was an interesting one but the author used it simply to write the usual snide and negative nonsense we are reading every day.

Now, once again, if the writer is so balanced, why didn't he mention the disgraceful treatment by Rangers fans in Spain when discussing the current problems of policing abroad?

Once again, he didn't mention Spain because he was talking about Italy.

I'm not going to argue about this all night. So, to sum up, I'm all for people complaining about articles that are really unfair but not for attempted nitpicking about articles that are spreading positive news about Rangers.

where is the positive articles about our club or fans.

For the Scottish corrospondent to ignore the Rangers treatment in favoring of restricting his comment to Italian authorties is churlish at best.

As is your complaint about your fellow fans highlighting such imbalance. That article wasn't written to spread good news about our club but simply to have another snide dig.

If he was that balanced and that constructive, why have the last 2 paragraphs?

It would be a bit strange to write an article focussing on an anti-sectarian initiative involving Rangers and not mention sectarian issues like singing. And if someone is concerned about the situation in Italy, they are perfectly entitled to write about it.

Articles won't be written the way Rangers fans want them - it's not a Rangers fanzine.

I just feel that the last two paragraphs were very uneccessary. It points out that a certain bias IS there. Without these snide remarks at the end I would have praised the article.

Your right maybe a tad over the top. !