Anyone else got a really good feeling about Ally taking over now?

Ryan_1

I've never been totally convinced with the talk of McCoist taking over since it started, quite a while ago now. It was then officially announced that he would indeed take over from Walter Smith as the 13th Rangers manager and although I gave my full backing, I've wasn't entirely confident.

My concerns were like alot of peoples; Does McCoist have enough managerial experience to take the reins of a club like ours? Can he make the big decisions that the man incharge has to make? Tacically is he just going to be a Walter v2 or will he be able to stamp his own authority on the team? In the transfer market can he find a player, without having mass amounts of money to spend?...etc.

Yes, there's still alot of questions to be answered. Questions that will only be answered in time, but since he has been confirmed as the next manager IMO he's answered alot of the questions I've had in him.

Without a shadow of a doubt, there's been a far more serious outlook to him. In games, I've noticed he's taken a bit of a stand back and watching the game in far greater detail, instead of shouting and balling on the touchline, which Kenny McDowell is doing more and more now. He's always had that relationship with the players, media and other teams as the joker and yes, there's still that side to him, but if you've looked at his interviews recently or even that night at Parkhead where he took it upon himself to stand up for his players and not be pushed around. That's what I want from my Rangers manager. He's taking a more professional role in the side - if you know what I mean.

He's also hinted in his interviews that he has a slightly different outlook to Walter in the way his team's will set out. It was Ally that was sounding out before Sunday's game that we needed to attack Celtic and we got that. IMO Ally had a massive say in that, along with Kenny McDowell. That's given me a great hope for next season under Ally.

Off the park, we've heard of Ally starting to makes his own changes. The additions of John Brown and Neil Murray as scouts will really help us and I'm delighted we have didicated scouts now. Especially Neil Murray, who'll have a number of contacts in the game. I'm sure he make many more positive additions both on and off the field in the coming months.

I think everything Ally has done so far, has been that word - positive. It's given me alot of confidence for next season, which could be one of the hardest seasons in many a year, but it's something I'm starting to look forward under our new leader!

I think he has a major rebuilding job in his hands, regardless of a takeover happening or not.

Yes, he has, but I'm far more confident about him having the skills able to build a squad worthy of winning the title.

As I've said theres somethings that will only be answered in time, but I'm slightly excited about it.

I had an extremely good feeling about Le Guen

Completely different situation.

McCoist knows this club inside out. He knows what it means and more importantly what is required at this club. He also knows the Scottish game and how it works, something that Le Guen didn't quite get to terms with.

For all Le Guen's previous achievements at Lyon, there's a certain things in Scottish football like the phyicallity of the game that you've got to adapt to. Le Guen didn't do that, que why we often conceded from balls into the box.

Nothing has changed with regards to McCoist. He is someone who has never had the top job, and has therefore, plenty to prove. We will all wish him good luck, but that won't be enough.

Albeit completely different circumstances, neither did a certain Pep Guardiola.

For every Gaurdiola or Souness who get it right first time, there's 10 Alan Shearer's or John Barnes'.

Yes, I agree totally.

As much as I am exciting about him coming in, there's still bits of me that aren't totally convinced by him.

What Ally does have though over the likes of a Barnes or a Shearer, he's had 4 years at the club under the guidance of one the greatest managers ever at this club. In that time, he will have picked up things that alot of them will only have got until they got there own experience of it. McCoist will known how to deal with things when times are tough and how to keep everyone focused when things are going well.

Ally's experience under Walter is something that will be invaluble to him.

Yes, he has, but I'm far more confident about him having the skills able to build a squad worthy of winning the title.

As I've said theres somethings that will only be answered in time, but I'm slightly excited about it.

Think the confidence levels are at sky high cause we won on Sunday and rightly so, next season though. It's a completely different ball game.

Half that team we seen on Sunday will no longer be with us, how quickly we adapt and on what budget will be anybody guess at this stage. McCoist though I wish him all the best, I just don't think he'll hit the ground running as a Manager.

Will we give him the time as fans to get it right, well that's another story.