What Makes A Legend?

With Prso set to leave in the summer I have heard certain people claim that he is a legend.

It got me thinking about what is quite a simple but effective question: What does make a legend?

Are there any legendary players who pull on our shirt at the moment who have done enough to truly classed as a legend? Ferguson? Prso? Klos? at a stretch Boyd?

Opinions will differ I know, however, in my eyes legendary players are names like John Greig, Richard Gough, Brian Laudrup, Jim Baxter and Davie Cooper. Guys that have scored vital and memorable goals for the team, stuck their head in where it hurts and although it can vary for each fan, left them with a lasting memory of their talents and also their personality.

Obviously with only be 18, I didn't really grow up watching many of the current Rangers legends and for the ones I did see I got very few chances to see any of them and perhaps I didn't fully appreciate how talented they truly were. However watching videos and clips now along with reading about them shows me that they were already legends when people watched them and are considered to be so even more now, but watching RFC now, I dont think I could really name that many guys out that are or even play like they could really fit into the legend mould.

Could any of our current squad could really be considered good enough to be passed the torch or be considered a legend in years to come in the same way that the previously mentioned names have?

With Prso set to leave in the summer I have heard certain people claim that he is a legend.

It got me thinking about what is quite a simple but effective question: What does make a legend?

Are there any legendary players who pull on our shirt at the moment who have done enough to truly classed as a legend? Ferguson? Prso? Klos? at a stretch Boyd?

Opinions will differ I know, however, in my eyes legendary players are names like John Greig, Richard Gough, Brian Laudrup, Jim Baxter and Davie Cooper. Guys that have scored vital and memorable goals for the team, stuck their head in where it hurts and although it can vary for each fan, left them with a lasting memory of their talents and also their personality.

Obviously with only be 18, I didn't really grow up watching many of the current Rangers legends and for the ones I did see I got very few chances to see any of them and perhaps I didn't fully appreciate how talented they truly were. However watching videos and clips now along with reading about them shows me that they were already legends when people watched them and are considered to be so even more now, but watching RFC now, I dont think I could really name that many guys out that are or even play like they could really fit into the legend mould.

Could any of our current squad could really be considered good enough to be passed the torch or be considered a legend in years to come in the same way that the previously mentioned names have?

Dado has been excellent but he hasn't done enough/for long enough to be a legend. Barry might be regarded as one in the end, depending how the next few years go....

Legend is definitely overused. I love Dado but he's not one. I think he gets called it in a loose term to describe his overall contribution to us and love for us. But nothing more.

Current squad we have only one contender for legendary status, and I wonder if he'll receive it given how despised he is by a section of the support.

Boyd would be the only other possible, but he has a LONG way to go before he's even fit to lick Super Ally's boots.

Guest Euronymous

At a stretch i'd go with Bazza only for true legend status.

But i just have to add..

Sebo - A legend! ;) Well, when it comes to having a legendary name for crowd chants. :)

Legend is definitely overused. I love Dado but he's not one. I think he gets called it in a loose term to describe his overall contribution to us and love for us. But nothing more.

Current squad we have only one contender for legendary status, and I wonder if he'll receive it given how despised he is by a section of the support.

Boyd would be the only other possible, but he has a LONG way to go before he's even fit to lick Super Ally's boots.

Barry already is Danny,and the only way Boyd achieves that status is if Murray digs deep and get's a top class striker to complement his obvious scoring talent (tu)

At a stretch i'd go with Bazza only for true legend status.

But i just have to add..

Sebo - A legend! ;) Well, when it comes to having a legendary name for crowd chants. :)

Was down the park with my mate getting a kickabout the other day.

Big fecking rotweiller flies up and tries to steal the ball, from a distance I hear 'HAW! SEBO! GET BACK OVER HERE NOW!!'

Big union jack collar, made me laugh. The pooch had a better 1st touch than Sebo too.

Dado Prso simply hasn't been here long enough to be a legend. The thought of Ferguson being considered a legend disgusts me.

Shit! not you again :wacko:

Got anything sensible to say for once? No...didn't think so.

Dado Prso simply hasn't been here long enough to be a legend. The thought of Ferguson being considered a legend disgusts me.

Get off Barrys case,please.You obviously know dick about recognising world class talent.What a bore doh

Get off Barrys case,please.You obviously know dick about recognising world class talent.What a bore doh

No I will not get off 'Barry's' case...got that? You don't think you are a bore with your childish claims that others are not Rangers supporters or know 'dick' because they don't agree with you? I've got news for you. You are.

I recognise Ferguson as our best player, although not world class, that is a silly fanbois claim IMO. In any case...my beef with Ferguson has got absolutely f**k all to do with his talents, it's a matter of principle. I don't care if he's a cross between Pele, Maradona and Johan Cruyff...understand? Somehow I doubt it.