Barry Ferguson

Plamf

That a joke think his result's were what happened to his reputation.

PLG was never going to get results with the team captain refusing to play to instructions and undermining the Manager's position in the dressing room.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there in lies part of the Legend Status.We will obviously never know but if that so called revolt had never taken place who knows where we would have ended up.

I for one applaud Barry Ferguson for the stance he allegedly made at least it showed that he cared.

All it showed is that he never cared one Iota for the club but that he was indeed "Mr Rangers" and more important than anyone else. His head was so big that he decided how the team should play.

Winning the diddy cup in England was a greater achievement than captaining us to a European final? Aye right :lol:

I took his comments as a compliment, in that he saw Rangers as such a big club that he expected to win trophies and have European runs when playing for us, wheras winning a trophy with a club like Birmingham was much less likely as witnessed by the fact that was their first trophy in something like 50 years.

PLG was never going to get results with the team captain refusing to play to instructions and undermining the Manager's position in the dressing room.

Well what happened before he lost the dressing room?

Think you will find PLG undermined Ferguson first, he stated in an interview that a captain was not important. A good manager would have realised this statement was going to offend his captain & other's imo.

I'm glad it happened when it did with Ferguson, got rid of PLG before he could do any more damage.

All it showed is that he never cared one Iota for the club but that he was indeed "Mr Rangers" and more important than anyone else. His head was so big that he decided how the team should play.

How do you know he decided how Rangers should play ?

To me there's only a very few Rangers Legends'.

Bill Struth, Walter Smith, John Greig, Jock Wallace and Ally McCoist.

People under that stature, I would consider as 'Icons'. It's a title I would very much consider Barry Ferguson to be under, along the likes of Davie Weir, Brian Laudraup, Paul Gascogine and Richard Gough.

The word 'Legend' is definitely tossed around far too much these days.

Your ignorance of the great Rangers servants throughout our history is astounding.

If Birmingham go down, he will likely be seeking another club.

He has been one of the most consistent performers in the premiership for 2 seasons at a pretty poor team.

Given how poor our midfield has been this season, severely lacking the type of technique and ability he has in abundance, would it would be worth trying to get him for a year?

I don't think he'll struggle to find a move, despite being 33.

He was very poor for much of his second time here, you struggle to think of many occasions where he looked his old self (Porto in the CL would be a notable exception) but like Charlie Adam I think he was a top player just not being used correctly. With a new dawn for the club (here's hoping), maybe he could continue his current form.

There's nothing to suggest Ferguson will want to come back or whether we can afford him but being realistic, I would far rather have Ferguson for another year or 2 than some dross from the SPL or a bottom of the heap EPL player.

He is 33 and obviously has just a season or 2 left but I think he would be a good short term option. A midfield 3 of him, Davis and Ness with Hutton as backup would be great for next season.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Him and you for the suggestion

Well what happened before he lost the dressing room?

Think you will find PLG undermined Ferguson first, he stated in an interview that a captain was not important. A good manager would have realised this statement was going to offend his captain & other's imo.

I'm glad it happened when it did with Ferguson, got rid of PLG before he could do any more damage.

If you're going to make reference as to what was said, try to be accurate.

He stated that in France the captaincy wasn't seen as important as in Scotland. Whether anyond agrees with that or not, it wasn't Ferguson's call to cause unrest within the dressing room, quite the opposite infact.

The worst Rangers captain in all my time watching The Rangers.

If you're going to make reference as to what was said, try to be accurate.

He stated that in France the captaincy wasn't seen as important as in Scotland. Whether anyond agrees with that or not, it wasn't Ferguson's call to cause unrest within the dressing room, quite the opposite infact.

The worst Rangers captain in all my time watching The Rangers.

I think you will find he stated the captaincy was not as important as people think in Scotland. If you were captain of Rangers(the team you love) how would you take this?

PLG appointed Gavin Rae as captain take it he was better than Ferguson then.

I think you will find he stated the captaincy was not as important as people think in Scotland. If you were captain of Rangers(the team you love) how would you take this?

PLG appointed Gavin Rae as captain take it he was better than Ferguson then.

Gavin Rae showed dignity as captain, something Ferguson doesn't possess, so yes he was a better candidate.

If Birmingham go down, he will likely be seeking another club.

He has been one of the most consistent performers in the premiership for 2 seasons at a pretty poor team.

Given how poor our midfield has been this season, severely lacking the type of technique and ability he has in abundance, would it would be worth trying to get him for a year?

I don't think he'll struggle to find a move, despite being 33.

He was very poor for much of his second time here, you struggle to think of many occasions where he looked his old self (Porto in the CL would be a notable exception) but like Charlie Adam I think he was a top player just not being used correctly. With a new dawn for the club (here's hoping), maybe he could continue his current form.

There's nothing to suggest Ferguson will want to come back or whether we can afford him but being realistic, I would far rather have Ferguson for another year or 2 than some dross from the SPL or a bottom of the heap EPL player.

He is 33 and obviously has just a season or 2 left but I think he would be a good short term option. A midfield 3 of him, Davis and Ness with Hutton as backup would be great for next season.

A BIG NO NO NO NO

Gavin Rae showed dignity as captain, something Ferguson doesn't possess, so yes he was a better candidate.

Captain for a day Gavin Rae was a better captain than Barry Ferguson. I've seen it all now.

Well thats your opinion. Rae made under 30 appearances not even captain material imo.

How many appearances Rae had at rangers should have nothing to do with it its about treating it with dignity. Barry never done that/Rae did simples (tu)

How many appearances Rae had at rangers should have nothing to do with it its about treating it with dignity. Barry never done that/Rae did simples (tu)

Gavin Rae was lucky to pull on a Rangers shirt, never mind the captains armband.