Duty of care

Okay guys after the recent events in Europe regarding policing and security its maybe time someone looked into the legal responsabilities shared by UEFA and the host clubs. If you go to a night club or a place of work and are not treated to a fair and safe passage and your health and safety rights are infringed then you can rightfully take legal action against them in a court of law.

Questions can vary and i dont have the answers but it may be a simple case of lawyers letters being sent to the powers of European football and any other parties deemed responsible for the DUTY OF CARE for patrons visiting there city/stadium. Basic human rights have to be observed and brutality in any form should be challenged in a legal institution and not swept under the carpet by our press as a YOU DESERVED IT BECAUSE YOU SANG A SONG. Many people in this backward country of ours have been lifted by the police for singing songs of religous meaning after a few beers but have they been brutalised by the police for doing so, i dont think so. It usually results in a lie in or a breach charge a fine and on you go, a civil and fair way to treat such a menial offence.

Who is responsible for the safe passage of fans at away grounds?

Who is responsible for ground safety and segregation?

Who is responsible for an independant review of policing?

Who is responsible for the insurance of damage both personal and commercial?

Who is responsible for and has the licence to hold these matches in the stadia?

Who is responsible for the HEALTH AND SAFETY of visiting fans and dignitaries?

Who is responsible for the legislation and implementation of directives?

The list can go on but look at the questions and you will find that each club whether host or visitor has a mandate set out by UEFA that they have to satisfy. Should any club fail to satisfy the requirements set out and UEFA willingly allow any game or function to go ahead knowingly then they become THE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE PARTY thus making them answerable in a court of law.

I think that unless they have a loophole in the system that absolves them of blame then they should be wary of the silence and protocol that they hide behind. Have you proof that you were a victim of brutality where you were totally innocent then you may have the right to look at the legislation and challenge them in a manner that would put them on the back foot.

No one can hide behind the law if they are party to health and safety infringements and do not act properly in there duty of care to there patrons.

Go on send a letter off to them stating your serious intention to take legal advice regarding your safety and there inaction at acting against clubs whose stadia and policing methods are not meeting the legal requirements set down. Then leave it at that and let them drown under paperwork and the message that we are capable of tying them up in the legislation they hide behind.

Get fu**in in Harry!

Totally behind this - the problem is the italians and spaniards have complete disregard for health & safety - workers or otherwise. if a UK based legal firm seriously wanted to take these cases on and challenge Roma etc they would make a fucking killing. My gut feel is someone will have already started the ball rolling and the prosecution under EU rules should now makes things a litle easier.hope it happens - id liek to see these pricks get the crap kicked out of them after what happened.

Thanks for the reply Ricardo, what gets me is that there seems to be so many breaches of basic human rights etc and no one, not even the press who could run this for weeks and sell papers has picked up on it. I do not know the legal perspective and what UEFA hide behind but NO ONE CAN HIDE FROM HEALTH AND SAFETY. I dont know if i am correct but a member club cannot take legal action against both UEFA and FIFA if i am right then that should be challenged .

Thanks for the reply Ricardo, what gets me is that there seems to be so many breaches of basic human rights etc and no one, not even the press who could run this for weeks and sell papers has picked up on it. I do not know the legal perspective and what UEFA hide behind but NO ONE CAN HIDE FROM HEALTH AND SAFETY. I dont know if i am correct but a member club cannot take legal action against both UEFA and FIFA if i am right then that should be challenged .

You are correct I believe in that a member club cannot take action, but why cant individual supporters?

Why cant a class action suit be brought against UEFA and OSASUNA for what happened in Spain?

If this happened in the US there would most definitely be a class action suit on the go IMO.

We should contact Donald Findlay QC - seriously.

Donald Findlay the very man, i had his name in mind when i first thought about this. Would he not love making the case for his beloved Rangers and the chance to put some of his detractors to the sword, a Rangers man fighting for the rights of other Rangers men.

What gets me is the difference between the spanish and the portuguese we were treated very well in porto as anybody who was there will tell you. Actually saw one bear having his picture taken with the cops helmet on and the cop had the guys scarf on and that was inside the ground at half time.

What gets me is the difference between the spanish and the portuguese we were treated very well in porto as anybody who was there will tell you. Actually saw one bear having his picture taken with the cops helmet on and the cop had the guys scarf on and that was inside the ground at half time.

In fairness a couple of the cops in Livorno were wearing Rangers scarves after the game.