Next Season With Murray

so just because of that we forget everything eh has done for our club?

thats fucking stupid logic.

Providing adequate transfer funds for about 7 years and funding a new training complex is the least i'd expect from a chairman of 20 years

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am about the same age. Only an idiot could have failed with Rangers in those days. So Gascoigne and Laudrup, as one instance, only came because of Sir David Murray. When Walter spoke to Gazza, to convince him to sign, he spent time talking about Sir David Murray and not the Club? Rubbish. We had the state of the art stadium, the full-houses, and other things Murray inherited. Yes, he played his part, but my goodness, could he have got it wrong?

Spill the beans RON, please..........what did the prick do? Im into my 30's, not sure if that is young enough to "have short memories" or not.

Thank's for confirming what i said, too young to remember what SDM did.

What we the 'geriatric' brigade had to suffer during late seventies early eighties makes todays problems laughable, yes we had a lovely stadium which the scum suggested should be sponsored by Suffer'n'comfort, crowds of around 8 - 12k so yes SDM was OUR saviour maybe Whyte fulla Shite might be yours lets give it 10 years and have this conversation again.

What we the 'geriatric' brigade had to suffer during late seventies early eighties makes todays problems laughable, yes we had a lovely stadium which the scum suggested should be sponsored by Suffer'n'comfort, crowds of around 8 - 12k so yes SDM was OUR saviour maybe Whyte fulla Shite might be yours lets give it 10 years and have this conversation again.

What do crowds of 8-12k or a rundown stadium have to do with what Murray did for Rangers?

I am about the same age. Only an idiot could have failed with Rangers in those days. So Gascoigne and Laudrup, as one instance, only came because of Sir David Murray. When Walter spoke to Gazza, to convince him to sign, he spent time talking about Sir David Murray and not the Club? Rubbish. We had the state of the art stadium, the full-houses, and other things Murray inherited. Yes, he played his part, but my goodness, could he have got it wrong?

(tu)

Too young, mid 30's! :lol:

Ive heard it all now. Most of our fans, and regular attending fans will most likely be under 40!

Saviour? :lol:

Ive read some shite on here but calling Murray a saviour! :rolleyes: Incredible stuff. He very nearly had us closed down and our club taken off us twice, and lets not mention selling off asset after asset and even our club shops, sold and closed forcing hundreds of redundancies.

Most of these "too young to remember" fans have followed and supported us throughout the last 10 years fresh in their memories, where we have been to 2 critical levels of debt, under Murray, seen hundreds of players mercenary imposters come and go through our famous doors and watch as Celtic have financially blew us away. So we have had some recent success, a miracle in my mind given what state Murray had us in. And lets not mention the relationship with the mhedia, well i call it a relationship, its not even close, we are a doormat, sitting there taking blow after blow.

There are 3 reasons for Rangers current demise.

1. Sky TV's Money

2. The English Premiership

3. English teams return to European Competition.

Up until then we were doing very nicely.

Our nearest rivals have none of these either. I do think you are partially right, but no, what is happening now is not quite explained by the three factors you mention

Our nearest rivals have none of these either. I do think you are partially right, but no, what is happening now is not quite explained by the three factors you mention

These are obviously not the be all and end all but merely contributory factors.

The amount of money spent chasing the pipe dream that is / was European Football meant that we perhaps spent more than we should have at the time but few, myself included were not complaining at the time.

Sky TV and the premiership came along and overheads be that transfer fees or wages went through the roof and we simply cannot compete.

Add to my original list some pretty poor decision making on behalf of the team management and those running the club and that is how we find ourselves at the moment.

imo murray was hit at a bad time with the downturn of his business and the money wasted by the dutch revolution,we started\ going downhill after that ,konterman, rickson .good players that we never used like amato,tugay ,if you get a blank cheque to buy players and blow it all on torre flo and loose it on the resale then its going to be hard to balance the books

You might want to ask yourself, why bother? Because if you haven't boycotted when it might have made some difference to the decisions that led us to this mess, what's the point when it's too damned late?

No boycott for me,this is just another period in our long history. As bad as it is were still champions. You support a team for life through thick and thin. It might not seem like it at the moment but we are the greatest football club on earth simples.

Fuck david murray soon as this wanker is gone from rangers the better, he has fucking ruined us. Dont see whats wrong with a boycott, we deserve answers,without the fans there is no rangers and we are being taken for granted. As i said, fuck david murray he is an arsehole

I won't be buying a season ticket for next season but that's a finacial reason not a footballing one.

I think in the early to mid 80's the boycott we had did hurt the club but it did eventually bring about the signing of Souness and the rest is history.

I for one didn't boycott then but i was young and following Rangers was everything.

It's up to the individual what they do but not buying season tickets will hurt the club.

Buy a season ticket but don't turn up and that may not change things but it will show that we'll not stand for the lies anymore.