UEFA to hammer Rangers

Jelle1880

I am getting sick of this sectarian songs nonsense. Nearly all football clubs round the world have fans that sing songs which could be described as discriminatory or inflammatory. The fans of some clubs even have arranged fights where people can get badly injured. However this all seems to get ignored and its Rangers that are picked on and blamed for sectarianism in Scotland. If those with an agenda actually wanted to tackle sectarianism, then the solution is obvious, abolish catholic schools! Separation based on religion is what has caused this mess and to get rid of it is the only way to fix it. In short start addressing the real issues and leave the football club I love alone!

Why don't you say that at Ibrox the next time anyone starts singing these 'sectarian' songs you speak of?

Make a difference,seeing as everyone seems to think that the fans singing these songs are in the minority why don't you all challenge them?

He probably does at every match, saving countless members of the "celtic family club" years of the mental anguish they would suffer otherwise.

We really should be handing out awards.

So it's ok to hide behind a computer screen and tell people they have no place as Rangers fans?

I'm not getting at you btw but it's a valid point,

They claim that we don't love Rangers as much as they do as we sing these songs,so why not confront the 'minority'?

They have no balls,just like the club.

to be honest i think people do find it easier to type it on the screen.

i wouldnt like to think anybody is saying people dont have the right to be a rangers fan - i guess people just have different perceptions of what a rangers fan is. at the end of the day we are all in it together and all ultimately want is best for the club. so the major player here is the club. if the club is telling us to stop singing certain songs then we should stop. likewise if the club stands up for us then long may we continue.

people dont challenge them for fear of confrontation, i cant see any other reason.

That is 100% correct. A lot of money is paid by a lot of fans who wish to be at Ibrox to watch their players play football - not be in a fight with a drunk bigot.

I personally do not give a flying feck if the people behind me sing he FTP shite etc., because it is one in 10! If the club start to get hit big style, I will be the first to turn on those who do it and I am sure others will follow.

i wouldnt like to think anybody is saying people dont have the right to be a rangers fan - i guess people just have different perceptions of what a rangers fan is. at the end of the day we are all in it together and all ultimately want is best for the club. so the major player here is the club. if the club is telling us to stop singing certain songs then we should stop. likewise if the club stands up for us then long may we continue.

Yea and credit to you for not being a dick about it.

Yo have missed numerous posts on here telling Rangers supporters that travel everywhere that they 'are not true Rangers supporters' as they sing these songs.

The club wont stand up for us but the principle remains.

Fuckall wrong with the songs,one of the other posters on this thread Stevie said roughly the same as me last night regarding celt*c fans aren't actually offended by our songs.

I know loads of tims with seats at the girodome and they don't bother their arse with what we sing just the same as I'm not fussed with theirs but there's folk with agendas against our club and I feel that should unite the support against the perpetrators rather than start the finger wagging against us.

Ultimately we're fucked if Rangers bend over though but this is a battle we could win.

That is 100% correct. A lot of money is paid by a lot of fans who wish to be at Ibrox to watch their players play football - not be in a fight with a drunk bigot.

I personally do not give a flying feck if the people behind me sing he FTP shite etc., because it is one in 10! If the club start to get hit big style, I will be the first to turn on those who do it and I am sure others will follow.

Putting folk in a box Steve?

So what songs we sing is to be determined by the backbone (or lack of), of what ever regime is in charge of our club at that particular time in our history ?

Let's say Whyte takes over and says "Fuck the lot of them, we'll fight this tooth and nail. Air out your lungs fans", is that going to make the songs OK with you again ?

New owners have came and went, but the fans have been constant all along (well the majority of them have).

Maybe Desmond will decide to take a punt on us, then what ? :ph34r:

Putting folk in a box Steve?

No, far from it. If you read my posts, I have one or two asswipes who come to a seat near me, drunk and bigotted during matchday. I currently ignore them, as do most around me - including my son.

I also have many ardent fans around me, who take it a step further than I do but make the people around them laugh (including my son and I). They do not create an atmosphere with sectarian shite, they create an atmposhere with decent and honourable humour or singing.

If I was in a sectarian section of Ibrox, I would move. If I could not find a non-sectarian section of Ibrox, I would give up and go back to watching on the TV or the Radio - wishing Rangers fans could wake up. I don't need to as I am in a nice area of Ibrox

No, far from it. If you read my posts, I have one or two asswipes who come to a seat near me, drunk and bigotted during matchday. I currently ignore them, as do most around me - including my son.

I also have many ardent fans around me, who take it a step further than I do but make the people around them laugh (including my son and I). They do not create an atmosphere with sectarian shite, they create an atmposhere with decent and honourable humour or singing.

If I was in a sectarian section of Ibrox, I would move. If I could not find a non-sectarian section of Ibrox, I would give up and go back to watching on the TV or the Radio - wishing Rangers fans could wake up. I don't need to as I am in a nice area of Ibrox

Apologies I took from your post anyone singing these songs was a bigot (tu)

Most fans are wary of singing anything at Ibrox,the away support are different and I doubt anyone can take away the added edge they give to the team.

The drunks should never be allowed through the door at Ibrox. I’m sick of pricks behaving like retards and using ’a right good bevvy’ as an excuse.

That was what I meant by 'seeking Murray's affection'. He dangled the carrot knowing the desire for power would take over.

your talking years ago now and the current rst board hasnt talked to him in ages. i dont believe the rep that the rst would have put forward at the time is even still there.

i should add i am plastered and take no responsibility fro this post.

Apologies I took from your post anyone singing these songs was a bigot (tu)

Most fans are wary of singing anything at Ibrox,the away support are different and I doubt anyone can take away the added edge they give to the team.

No probs mate.

Can I ask a personal question?

You have the following on your avatar:

Rangers traditions - Here before you - Here when you've gone

Why does your peers tradition have to be a tradition that that you leave? If your peers' tradition is found to be a little tepid for the next generation, why should you not tweak it slightly, in order to have it ready for the next generation?

No probs mate.

Can I ask a personal question?

You have the following on your avatar:

Rangers traditions - Here before you - Here when you've gone

Why does your peers tradition have to be a tradition that that you leave? If your peers' tradition is found to be a little tepid for the next generation, why should you not tweak it slightly, in order to have it ready for the next generation?

Why should it have to change?

I'm sure we spoke of this yesterday and the fact that most tims aren't offended by what we sing.

'When you've gone' means when you die if that makes it clearer?

You don't pick a wife then try to change her,or you shouldn't.

If folk don't like what Rangers are about there is no need to adopt them then slate the folk who have supported them all their lives.

I'm sure we spoke of this yesterday and the fact that most tims aren't offended by what we sing.

If folk don't like what Rangers are about there is no need to adopt them then slate the folk who have supported them all their lives.

Spot on. (tu)

Well said.

Does Ibrox have sectarian sections? What happens there?

I agree with all this (tu) .

So it's ok to hide behind a computer screen and tell people they have no place as Rangers fans?

I'm not getting at you btw but it's a valid point,

They claim that we don't love Rangers as much as they do as we sing these songs,so why not confront the 'minority'?

They have no balls,just like the club.

Ok, so say i was standing there and said "listen , we shouldnt be singing this or that", what do you think would happen? Would it be a civil conversation, i doubt it. There was a lassie that stood up to a lot of fans who were throwing rolled up cards (poppy day display) in the Govan front at the ball boys (one of them had a cut on his face because of it) got abused for the rest of the game and things thrown at her. Now imagine someone turned round and told them not to sing certain songs. I would happily debate this with anyone face to face but i would not challenge anyone on the terraces because the confrontation would not be good for anyone.

Can we leave wifes oot it?

A changed mines twice! :crabflute:

Fuxache - we can't have a drink now

Where is it gonny end?

Sectarian sections and drunk sections?

I'm obviously going to the wrong Ibrox

Can you not just bring a packed lunch and juice like everybody else ?

There's always got to be one. doh

Seriously, I'm glad to have had the privilege of attending Ibrox when it was no holds barred.