Boab

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually quite unbelievable that it hasn't happened before now

A sign of the times maybe

Can you imagine the hardon he'd get at the mere thought of it?

What a field day he;d have then, to get tore in to us good and proper.

So in other words a real readerhip of 3000. But saying he writes for the times probably gives him more influence with uefa.

Aye! we will see how much influence the cunt has when the only job he will get is writing an article for the Septic View.

I really don't think he "hates" the club. Hate is a strong word. There are worse offenders out there like Phil McGillivan and Brian McNally who are actual Celtic supporters who really do hate our club. I mean, Phil McGillivan doesn't even have a job and spends every waking moment writing about how bad we are whilst ignoring everything Celtic do wrong. Graham criticises our songs and thinks our fans are worse than Celtic's and has called us backward etc. but he doesn't support Celtic and has mentioned their IRA chanting and criticised it, though probably not enough. He also supported Rangers as a boy. I don't like the guy but some Rangers fans pay way too much attention to him and I think he enjoys it.

Oh really....

Amid the Old Firm saga this debate is becoming quite transparent for what it is. While Celtic are uneasy about Remembrance, due to some of their followers’ views about the British Army, Rangers can sometimes hardly await their next opportunity to have military personnel parading on the pitch at Ibrox in full regalia, to the throaty adulation of the stands.

It doesn’t take much calculation to know what is going on here. This is old-style tribalism at work. This is cultural tit-for-tat being played out on the pantomime stage stretching from Celtic Park to Ibrox.

(Spiers - Novemeber 10 2010)

I think a lot of you are overreacting to him. That's all I mean. I'm not sure he warrants this much attention. He certainly doesn't warrant threats. Suggesting that he should be punched is ridiculous. Some of you need to grow up.

Oh really....

(Spiers - Novemeber 10 2010)

Fucking just wrote out a huge reply then my internet went down and I lost it.

I'll start again

Did any of you actually read what I said? I wasn't defending everything he writes and says. I profoundly disagree with him on that issue regarding the British army and many others. He's making a shoddy moral equivalence between the bigoted and sectarian behaviour of Celtic fans and our decent and respectable behaviour with regards to the British army. Where the Celtic fans have problems with bigotry (their fans attitude towards the army and British people in general) Spiers is trying to say that we're making the problem worse by offending the bigots. It's a shoddy argument. It's virtually the same argument that people use when they say that we are the cause of terrorism. If we would only be nicer to Muslims then they wouldn't blow us up. If you followed Spiers' logic then we shouldn't wear poppies, ban union jacks etc. because it might offend the Celtic fans who hate all that for bigoted reasons.

It's quite revealing that he makes these kind of arguments. I'm not sure if it shows that he has an agenda or hates our club. From following him on twitter and listening to him on the radio I get the impression that he genuinely believes he's one of the few journos that is brave enough to tackle sectarianism and that he's being fair and honest and his honest opinion is that we have a far bigger problem. I don't know if I agree with him on that. We may have a bigger problem, but it's not so much of a bigger problem that the problems of Celtic can be overlooked to the extent that they are by him.

In any case, it's pointless arguing with people on this forum because many of you proudly sing these sectarian songs and are going to hate him anyway even if he was equally against Celtic fans. Many of you give people like Speirs ammo by singing certain songs and making threats against him. You also give him what he probably craves: attention.

The people making threats of violence, or wishing violence upon him really are stupid. Think about the consequences if something were actually to happen to him. That would give him so much ammo to write even more negative stuff about Rangers and would prove his point in a way.

The people making threats of violence, or wishing violence upon him really are stupid. Think about the consequences if something were actually to happen to him. That would give him so much ammo to write even more negative stuff about Rangers and would prove his point in a way.

So 'no' change then?

The only reason Queersy is so against the Gers is that he was thrown out of Murrays wee group of media lapdogs a few years back, doubt he gives a fuck what we sing tbh , he is merely on a revenge mission ...

Fucking just wrote out a huge reply then my internet went down and I lost it.

I'll start again

Did any of you actually read what I said? I wasn't defending everything he writes and says. I profoundly disagree with him on that issue regarding the British army and many others. He's making a shoddy moral equivalence between the bigoted and sectarian behaviour of Celtic fans and our decent and respectable behaviour with regards to the British army. Where the Celtic fans have problems with bigotry (their fans attitude towards the army and British people in general) Spiers is trying to say that we're making the problem worse by offending the bigots. It's a shoddy argument. It's virtually the same argument that people use when they say that we are the cause of terrorism. If we would only be nicer to Muslims then they wouldn't blow us up. If you followed Spiers' logic then we shouldn't wear poppies, ban union jacks etc. because it might offend the Celtic fans who hate all that for bigoted reasons.

It's quite revealing that he makes these kind of arguments. I'm not sure if it shows that he has an agenda or hates our club. From following him on twitter and listening to him on the radio I get the impression that he genuinely believes he's one of the few journos that is brave enough to tackle sectarianism and that he's being fair and honest and his honest opinion is that we have a far bigger problem. I don't know if I agree with him on that. We may have a bigger problem, but it's not so much of a bigger problem that the problems of Celtic can be overlooked to the extent that they are by him.

In any case, it's pointless arguing with people on this forum because many of you proudly sing these sectarian songs and are going to hate him anyway even if he was equally against Celtic fans. Many of you give people like Speirs ammo by singing certain songs and making threats against him. You also give him what he probably craves: attention.

get this cunt to fuck.

Or we could make it twice as bad and wait until you come over and then batter him together :pipe:

Mate! I think if I roared at the cunt, he would start greetin' and shite his troosers. If I roared at him at Ibrox for instance, they would hear me in Govanhill. :lol:

The only reason Queersy is so against the Gers is that he was thrown out of Murrays wee group of media lapdogs a few years back, doubt he gives a fuck what we sing tbh , he is merely on a revenge mission ...

Dear chap, are you familiar with his verbose scribbles in the Scotland on Sunday prior to being expunged from Murray's harem?

Regular were his abuses of The People and The Club and oft was it dressed up as being satire in his diary section.