Spiers NDP banner...

Boab

Tims pretending to be Rangers fans trying to give his venomous nonsense some credibility, you mean.

Doubtful but I wouldn't put it past them. In any case, there are Rangers fans out there who wish we didn't sing certain songs etc. There are also Rangers fans who want Scottish independence and have totally different politics from you or I. There are also Celtic fans who serve in the British Army and are unionists etc.

Do you see my point? Like it or not, they are still fans of our club.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiers we know you have log ins for all the football forums as you just love the attention.

Your ego and desire to be the centre of attention is quite frankly embarrassing and cringeworthy.

I too have a strong suspicion you are on this thread spouting your pish like you do in your little read paper.

Your time will come of that i have no doubts.

I'm sorry that I have to sound so patronising but when I'm ACTUALLY being accused of being Graham Spiers, I feel like I have to defend myself and explain things slowly to some of you:

To all the bears who aren't on twitter: "Following" someone on twitter doesn't necessarily mean that you agree with them, or that they're your friend, or that it's similar to the 'like' function on Facebook pages.

I follow nearly a thousand people on twitter and I can assure you that I disgree with a lot of them, be they journos, crazy celebrities or random Celtic fans who happen to be my friends.

Spiers we know you have log ins for all the football forums as you just love the attention.

Your ego and desire to be the centre of attention is quite frankly embarrassing and cringeworthy.

I too have a strong suspicion you are on this thread spouting your pish like you do in your little read paper.

Your time will come of that i have no doubts.

You're talking to me aren't you. Just say it. Be a man.

Well I guess it's time to come clean. I really am Graham Spiers. I didn't think some of you would guess after creating an account about a year ago and posting nearly 200 times in threads which have nothing to with me, or sectarianism, or anything negative towards Rangers... and then after a year when I finally do decide to defend myself, I come on and criticise myself.

Damn, you got me. Also, I lied about being a Protestant and supporting Rangers. I'm actually a Catholic and a proud Celtic fan. Always have been, always will be. I also support the IRA and am best friends with Stokes' Da. Fuck the Queen! My priest also touched me when I was a boy and I enjoyed it.

Are you happy now? You've won.

I know Rangers were formed in 1872. So what? You're being petty.

Did you have to go and ask some of your journalist colleagues, OC, ooops sorry I forgot, none of the other journalists like you?

For those of you who are too lazy/stupid to read my posts in this thread, here is a summary of my positions yet I'm still getting abuse:

"I profoundly disagree with him on that issue regarding the British army and many others. He's making a shoddy moral equivalence between the bigoted and sectarian behaviour of Celtic fans and our decent and respectable behaviour with regards to the British army"

"If you followed Spiers' logic then we shouldn't wear poppies, ban union jacks etc. because it might offend the Celtic fans who hate all that for bigoted reasons."

"obviously it's disgraceful" (referring to Spiers accusations about our reasons for honouring the troops)

"I also follow him on twitter and he comes out with some amount of nonsense. Last month he called us "the most backward fans in Britain." He also makes snide little comments like "oh everyone stand up, they're singing God Save the Queen at Ibrox again," as if that was a crime. I think most of the comments above are disgraceful."

"I dislike the man and disagree with most of what he writes about Rangers but just because I don't think the cunt should be assaulted in the street I should get off the fucking forum"

Stop playing little miss victim - people detest Spiers with a vengenance and with good cause - if you offer any kind of defence of him you will get pelters.

Read & Weep

Spiers had started his one-man campaign of anti-Rangers bile long before he joined the Herald. One of my earliest memories was his blatant lie that Rangers fans sang (about German superstar Jurgen) “Klinsmann’s a Klansman” at Ibrox. Complete and utter bollocks. He further claimed that Rangers fans sang songs about the tragic death of former Celtic player Tommy Coyne’s wife. Complete fabrication. Another contention of his was that former Ranger Ian Ferguson had “all the charm of a child molester”. A pleasant analogy I’m sure you’d agree. I would wager that Spiers would not express his strikingly odd views during a face-to-face meeting with our former midfielder.

In July 1996 whilst with Scotland On Sunday he penned a deplorable attack on the late great Jock Wallace the day after he passed away, the inference being that Wallace was a bully and a bigot and responsible for sectarianism in Scottish football. Spiers twisted insinuations flew completely in the face of former Celtic captain Andy Lynch who said this on hearing of Wallace’s passing “He would always take the time (prior to Old Firm encounters) in the nervy pre-match atmosphere, be it at Parkhead or Ibrox, to come and give me a warm handshake or hug and sincere best wishes……smart, kind and sensitive. He will be sadly missed.”

Lisbon Lion Tommy Gemmell echoed Lynch’s sentiments “It doesn't matter what side of the fence you were on, I don't think you will find anyone in Scottish football who had a bad word to say about him. It was always a pleasure to be in his company and talk to him. His crack was different class.'' Almost correct Tommy. You WILL find someone who has a bad word to say about him. Graham Spiers.

Bad-mouthing deceased Rangers heroes has since become a theme for this creature. He has written disrespectful articles on late greats Bill Struth, Jim Baxter and Davie Cooper. Of course as with Wallace none of them were here to defend themselves. Spiers wrote the following on the eve last seasons’ League Cup Final against Motherwell, a game dedicated to Coop’s memory:

“More remarkable, though, amid the media and marketing frenzy surrounding the game, is the way the memory of Cooper's career has become lodged halfway between legend and myth………..One problem with the Davie Cooper legend is that, as with many public personalities who die young and become subject to mythology, it doesn't wholly square with the facts of his career. For a so-called "genius", you would certainly have expected Cooper, who died at 39, to have won more than his 22 international caps.”

To write the above just hours prior to a game played in tribute to Davie where his family would be in attendance was nothing short of despicable.

On Struth: “Bill Struth was either an idol or an idiot depending on your point of view”. There you are Mr. Murray, according to Speirs you may have unveiled a statue of an idiot at half-time during the Moenchengladbach game.

Now on to you and I, the Rangers support. Commenting on the Manchester United v. Rangers match last year he described us as “A stinking bigoted cesspit of sub-humanity”. Let me remind you that there were NO arrests at the match. A Manchester United publication later described the game as having the best atmosphere of the season due to the visiting Bears. Some other lovely descriptions of you and I from Mr. Spiers:

6/11/03

“Rancid chanting…..total embarrassment……putrid stench…..savages….poisonous singing…..desecration…..cavemen…...wholesale yobishness…..vile troglodytes…..stinking, bigoted, religious stuff……backward culture…..almost to a man”.

29/11/04

“David Murray is on the back foot…..at Rangers, by general consent, the sectarianism is worse than it is at Celtic……It was an experience that reminded me again of how widespread and malignant bigotry at Ibrox is……It is folly, not to say a cultural disservice to Scotland, to denounce O'Neill for what he said this week…..Rangers, in particular, have a major problem with bigots”.

“Compare and contrast their shameful behaviour with that of Celtic, who on the road to Seville last season, represented Scottish football immaculately” (I suppose they did, if you don’t include the stabbing in Seville, the riot in Blackburn, the Provo banners, the booing of Porto as they lifted the trophy, planes being diverted to Cardiff etc. etc. etc. But why let the FACTS get in the way of a dig at Rangers eh Graham?)

I think Spiers has made it very clear how he feels about US the supporters’ ladies and gentleman, but what’s his views on our club?

8/10/02

"Like the Rangers orange strip, the song ('Follow, Follow') cannot be listed among the great criminal acts, it merely offends”

25/4/04

“Nor can I recall Rangers being disparaged in 1972 when they won the Cup-Winners' Cup; a tournament which, by definition, was painfully inferior to the European Cup, indeed a prize which many placed third in the list of Europe's club baubles behind the UEFA Cup.”

12/8/04

“Please can I be spared any whining from Rangers over this and other criticisms?” “(Rangers) the most paranoid club in Scottish football”.

Fair to say he’s none to keen on our club either! But what does he say about our biggest rivals I hear you ask? Surely in the interest of neutrality and parity, Celtic are afforded the same malevolence?

23/8/02

“Celtic, though, as a football institution, quite rightly remains a symbol of Catholicism. The Celtic strip, as famed and proudly known around the world as it is, still cannot be divorced from one of its cultural parents, which is the Catholic faith.”

4/3/04

“Even high-brow Herald readers, hauling their noses away from such works as Jacob Bronowski and Alexander Solzhenitsyn, may have noticed the palaver that is being planned by Celtic supporters in time for Sunday's slaughter - erm, I mean match - against Rangers at Parkhead.”

25/3/04

“I repeat my main contention: that Larsson's contribution to Scottish life and culture, via the game of football, has been immense. In a sordid football age, his role-model status has also been impeccable.” (Deliberately breaking Gus MacPherson’s leg aside presumably).

1/4/04

“Following Sunday's win at Ibrox I met one Celtic player, a man I remain a great admirer of, and whispered to him: "I fear for some of the alcoholic carnage of you lot over the next few days, it's been a long wait." He smiled and looked at me with rivulets of anticipation dribbling from his chops.”

6/5/04, 22/1/04, 27/11/03, 4/4/02, 7/3/02,

“In one of my favourite magazines, The Alternative View….. the shockingly good magazine, The Alternative View……It was with great joy that I received my copy the other day of The Alternative View, a genuinely enjoyable football magazine of a Celtic persuasion…..the excellent Alternative View, a new mag set up by my old malapropic mucker himself, Matt McGlone….. After 36 years of unchallenged success, the Celtic View at last has a commercial rival…..If I tell readers that Matt McGlone is the brains behind this venture, you may well share my intrigue….. a Che Guevara figure among the fans who helped ease Fergus McCann into place….. I have seen the first edition of The Alternative View, and, I must say, it looks very good. (This is just some of a number of plugs he gave for his bigoted mate McGlone’s failed Celtic magazine in the pages of the Herald).

20/5/04

“Lennon's symphony is music to my ears - My sporting highlight of the past week must be the moment when I was called upon to break the news to Neil Lennon that James MacMillan, Scotland's most distinguished composer, had written a piece in his honour. It is always a minor joy catching up with Lennon.” (In fact Graham loves “Lenny” so much he excused him his spitting on a Rangers scarf and mouthing “orange bastards” to the Rangers support. A strange stance for an individual who has propelled himself to the forefront of McConnell’s anti-bigotry campaign wouldn’t you agree?)

“Celtic have a moral right to this league” (on the day before the 2003 title deciders).

“35,000 Celtic fans singing The Fields of Athenry made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up” (Seems Spiers likes the “tottie famine, rebelling against the Crown” ditty. Compare and contrast with his viewpoint of Follow Follow above)

WARNING: Please have a basin handy prior to reading the next quote.

22/01/03

“I must admit, if I ever fulfil my ambition of having a very splendid private dinner with O'Neill, it will be the one question I'll certainly get round to asking: ''Why were you so horrible to us over that new contract saga?''

I’m sure you’ll agree it’s plain as the nose on your face who are Spiers favourite team down Glasgow way.

Last season I attended a Rangers v. Aberdeen match at Ibrox. Meeting up with my good friend North East Bear post match, he told me he’d been sitting directly behind Spiers. After 6 minutes the Aberdeen fans broke into their “Nice One Simmy” routine, rejoicing in the injury inflicted on Ian Durrant by Neil Simpson, which effectively ruined the wee man’s career. North East Bear pointed this out to Spiers. He further pointed out bile coming from the Aberdeen section revelling in the death of 66 people in the Ibrox Disaster and the death of Davie Cooper at both half-time and full time. Spiers in his Monday morning match report PRAISED the Aberdeen fans for singing “Nice one JIMMY” claiming they were showing support for their manager Mr. Calderwood! North East Bear wrote to the Herald editor pointing out Speirs perversion. Needless to say he received no reply. For the record, Darrell King of the Evening Times stated on Real Radio that anyone who claimed they couldn’t hear the word “Simmie” (as opposed to Jimmy) was kidding themselves on. So there you have it. Spiers is prepared to tell LIES to antagonise Rangers fans. A fellow sports journalist and Newsquest employee confirmed that to be the case.

Whilst on the subject of wee Durranty, please note that Spiers once claimed in Scotland on Sunday that Simpson wasn’t the only one to raise his boot in the tackle, of course inferring that Durrant was also looking to inflict injury. Revisionism at it’s very best. Commenting years later on the incident, Spiers claimed “Rangers fans carry this around with them in much the same way as Phil Boersma carried Durrant”. Real classy eh?

Back to more recent times and the Alex Rae incident during a Euro fixture last season. Spiers led the case for the prosecution (ably aided and abetted by Radio Clyde it has to be said), finding Rae guilty on all counts.

“For days, almost inconceivably, Rangers had denied that Rae had done anything wrong.”

”The response of Alex McLeish, the Rangers manager, to Rae's kick had bordered on the inane.”

"While just about every neutral regarded the challenge as despicable, McLeish referred to the criticism of Rae as ‘hysterical’ and had the temerity to claim that Rae's challenge on Dadu was "not premeditated".

"Rangers got caught up in gauche attempts to defend the indefensible"

"McLeish insults everyone's intelligence, not least his own, in presenting such a fatuous defence of his player."

"UEFA, like the rest of the country, have laughed at this preposterous interpretation by Rangers."

"Apparently, for those who know how to access these things, the berserk hotlines and websites of the club's supporters have almost depicted the rest of us as making up this outrage." (Notice the "for those who know how to access these things", the inference being that your average Bear is not intelligent enough to use a PC).

"There remains something risible and worryingly paranoid about Rangers believing that neutrals, the media, and UEFA have got together to have it in for the club."

"Rangers are left lacking respect."

Let’s make one thing clear. Dadu got up and walked away. No lasting damage was inflicted. He played for his club regularly for the rest of the season. James Wesolowski, the 17-year-old Leicester player who was brutally assaulted by Bobo Balde during a recent so-called “friendly” will be lucky to recover and play the beautiful game again. I await Mr. Spiers condemnation of the Celtic thug. It should also be noted that Spiers didn’t bother with a vitriolic attack on his beloved Larsson when he deliberately snapped Gus MacPherson’s leg. Perhaps Celtic players shattering opponents limbs is of no consequence to the little creep.

Onto another point. Speirs gave a lecture on sectarianism at Turnbull Hall, Glasgow University, on behalf of the Newman Association on the17th March 2005. Said lecture was conveniently arranged for the same night as an important Rangers league match. I dare say Spiers wouldn’t want to run the risk that any of us “poisonous stinking bigoted cavemen” would turn up and challenge his lies. An East End of Glasgow Roman Catholic schoolteacher stated the IRA song Boys of the Old Brigade was intellectually superior to any Rangers song and was a cultural representation of Celticness. Speirs refused to challenge the bigot. One dreads to think what kind of poison this crackpot is polluting his pupils’ minds with.

You Sir are fucking outstanding, the sort of man i want working for the club i love!

:praise:

Wow.

For those of you who are too lazy/stupid to read my posts in this thread, here is a summary of my positions yet I'm still getting abuse:

"I profoundly disagree with him on that issue regarding the British army and many others. He's making a shoddy moral equivalence between the bigoted and sectarian behaviour of Celtic fans and our decent and respectable behaviour with regards to the British army"

"If you followed Spiers' logic then we shouldn't wear poppies, ban union jacks etc. because it might offend the Celtic fans who hate all that for bigoted reasons."

"obviously it's disgraceful" (referring to Spiers accusations about our reasons for honouring the troops)

"I also follow him on twitter and he comes out with some amount of nonsense. Last month he called us "the most backward fans in Britain." He also makes snide little comments like "oh everyone stand up, they're singing God Save the Queen at Ibrox again," as if that was a crime. I think most of the comments above are disgraceful."

"I dislike the man and disagree with most of what he writes about Rangers but just because I don't think the cunt should be assaulted in the street I should get off the fucking forum"

What's given you the idea that people haven't been reading your posts? Further to that, what's given you the idea that the reason they haven't been reading your posts is because they're too lazy or stupid to do so? And finally, what makes you think these apparently lazy idiots will suddenly find the motivation to read your posts just because you've recycled them?

You, sir, are a moron.

Well I guess it's time to come clean. I really am Graham Spiers. I didn't think some of you would guess after creating an account about a year ago and posting nearly 200 times in threads which have nothing to with me, or sectarianism, or anything negative towards Rangers... and then after a year when I finally do decide to defend myself, I come on and criticise myself.

Damn, you got me. Also, I lied about being a Protestant and supporting Rangers. I'm actually a Catholic and a proud Celtic fan. Always have been, always will be. I also support the IRA and am best friends with Stokes' Da. Fuck the Queen! My priest also touched me when I was a boy and I enjoyed it.

Are you happy now? You've won.

It has come to my attention that I'm being reported to the admins for the crime of being suspected to be Graham Spiers.

If Any admins see the above quote, please understand that it was a joke. I was being, you know, sarcastic...

I'm not really Graham Spiers. I hope the mods and admins understand sarcasm better than some of the other posters on this thread.

What's given you the idea that people haven't been reading your posts? Further to that, what's given you the idea that the reason they haven't been reading your posts is because they're too lazy or stupid to do so? And finally, what makes you think these apparently lazy idiots will suddenly find the motivation to read your posts just because you've recycled them?

You, sir, are a moron.

"What's given you the idea that people haven't been reading your posts?" WHAT'S GIVEN ME THE IDEA THAT PEOPLE HAVEN'T BEEN READING MY POSTS?!?

I don't know, hmmm... maybe it could be to do with the fact that I'm ACTUALLY being accused of being Graham Spiers, despite constantly criticising him in almost every post.

I'm being accused of defending HIM with every post, yet if you actually read my posts you would see that I am defending myself and my previous posts.

I'm also quite clearly losing my patience and I'm sorry. I don't think you're all lazy/stupid. I mean, some of you clearly are. That's obvious. But most of you aren't.

This is the most insane fucking thread I've ever posted in. This has to be a wind up. There can't seriously be people who believe I'm Graham Spiers. I've been on the forum since July last year. I'm losing my mind here. Is this a wind up? Are you trying to troll me or something? You're making me paranoid and I'm starting to lose it.

This is the most insane fucking thread I've ever posted in. This has to be a wind up. There can't seriously be people who believe I'm Graham Spiers. I've been on the forum since July last year. I'm losing my mind here. Is this a wind up? Are you trying to troll me or something? You're making me paranoid and I'm starting to lose it.

No, of course not, but you do yourself no favours mate.

Do you like him?

Do you think he has issues with Rangers and our fans?

Do you think he is qualified to be a football pundit?

Is there a reason he has to mention the words bigot and sectarian every time he speaks about Rangers?

Yer either the Odious Creep.....................................................................................................................or bluepeter9. :sherlock:

No, of course not, but you do yourself no favours mate.

Do you like him?

Is there a reason he has to mention the words bigot and sectarian every time he speaks about Rangers?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTGHAGHAGH Some of you are beyond belief! :anguish::anguish:

Read my previous posts:

:anguish:

I'll answer your particular questions.

Do you like him?

No. If you look back, in this thread I've said I actively dislike him.

Yes. Of course. He's more biased against our fans than Celtic's fans.

I've no idea. He doesn't seem to talk about much actual football.

He doesn't mention it EVERY time he talks about Rangers but he does so more than any other journalist I can think of. I think he might do it just to get attention.

Graeme1873 -

Excuse me, i didnt give you abuse, so wind your fucking neck in!

Sorry. I didn't say YOU were giving me abuse. I was quoting one of my previous posts which was addressed to others who were giving me abuse. I tried to quote it but it didn't work properly. It was this series of quotes which was from a previous quote addressed to others on the forum:

I reposted it to summarise my positions, in case you couldn't be bothered to read through the rest of the thread. I wasn't trying to have a go at you in particular. I tried to put it in quotations but it didn't work.