Playstation network

King_gazza

Sony has admitted that PlayStation Network might not be fully restored until May 31.

Speaking during a phone interview with Bloomberg, spokesperson Shigenori Yoshida said the hardware manufacturer was still “uncertain” as to when the online service would be fully back up and running. However, the plan is to have everything restored by the end of the month.

The electronics giant previously planned to have PSN partially restored by the end of last week, though as of today, the service still remains offline.

"When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week," explained Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) communications boss, Nick Caplin.

"We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system."

Source

FFS just keeps getting better and better :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You are having a giraffe !!!

End of May ... If that is the case they had better improve their welcome back package as the psn is at the core of the ps3.

Mind you, as much as we users are pissed, imagine what their business parterns are saying .. the online deals they have made for advertising space in Pshome can't have been cheap, along with the premium content i.e. lovefilm etc ... this will be costing them a fortune.

I can see Sony losing alot of its loyal fan base, guys lke me who are casual gamers can handle this (just !!) but the serious hardxore gamers .. If they don't get their fix soon, they could (and probably are begining too) defect to X-Box.

Anyone seriously know how much you would get for trading in your PS3?? I take it you could easily get a decent xbox package. I'll be keeping my PS3 but just interested to see if the price has fell away with all this PSN nonsense.

They'll be offering all PS3 users with online accounts two free games as a means of compensation, but you'll have to choose from a list of only five games. :lol:

This is getting beyond a joke.

Fifa 08

Fifa 09

Raingbow Six Vegas

Resistance: Fall of Man

Burnout

:crabflute:

I know wot 2 i want

There needs to be clarity here ... there is some confusion regarding PSN or Sony Online, they are 2 different systems

One is dedicated to PlayStation the other is for DC Universe etc.

The latest issue is due to the latter system, so maybe PSN will be be up earlier ??

See, they've said it will be fully restored by the 31st. They have said before that they will be bringing basic online play back before other features. Maybe this will be out before then, with other features such as the store being added later?