Svensson

blueben_d

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6537629.stm

Rangers defender Karl Svensson could return to Sweden this summer after his former club, Gothenburg, admitted an interest in taking him back.

The 23-year-old was signed by Paul Le Guen last summer but has failed to become a regular starter.

Gothenburg coach Stefan Rehn told the Sunday Mail: "I'd be interested in taking Karl back, because he was a great player for this club.

"A loan move might be good for him, but it depends on Rangers."

Svensson has started just four games since Walter Smith replaced Le Guen as manager of Rangers in January.

"I'm not that surprised Karl hasn't made it, because it's tough to get into Rangers' team," said Rehn.

"I played for Everton, so I know British football is different to here in Sweden.

"But I thought he had a real chance because he's a super defender."

I think we should retain him, but put him out on loan for next season, preferably to a British club so he can get used to our style of Football, if he still cant get to grips with it then I would sell him.

Saying he's mince is a bit harsh IMO the only player he played with regularly at the back was a midfielder ffs

its like a bomb scare whenever he's on the ball and under a bit of pressure at the back.

although i think when he played with weir there was 2 or 3 cleansheets in a row then ugo came i nand havent seen svensson since

Svensson is a big pansy who shites himself from the ball. If he could just learn to go in where it hurts he could be a decent player. He looks good with the ball at his feet its just when its in the air that he struggles.

Give him out on loan to a championship site rather than his old team where he won't learn anything knew would be better imo

I dont think Ugo offers anything more to be honest, his distribution is woeful. Svensson has time on his side, I think a year on loan while Weir plays out next season is a fair idea. Unless we are getting £50 Million to spend in the summer, then he can Get tae!

Played well alongside Weir.

I think we should have given him a fairer crack of the whip.

Bingo!

It amazes me how the likes of Adam, Burke and to an certain extent Al Hutton get countless opportunitys and fail to impress yet PLG's signings are slated and riddiculed.

If Svensson is not a success with Rangers, He will be a success elsewhere

Also, It doesnt benefit Svensson to go on loan to Gothenburg, When he would learn more playing for the Reserves in Scotland and training day in day out with Scottish style defenders.

I really think he is struggling in the SPL. He has even struggled in the reserves in games.

Potential maybe, but WS and ALLY must know as they brought back PAPAC who also cannot head a ball.

We have a great number of duff CHs in this squad along with numerous other duffers.

Think the lad has potential but are we really in a position to wait till he fulfills it ? We need to be up and running next season and not WAIT for players like Svensson and Sebo to come good. We have to compete at the best level we can we are not rehabilitation centre for promising players ( the worlds full of them ). Remember who we are, remember what we have had to put up with but most of all Sir David remember we can NOT win anything without spending money. :craphead:

If he hasn't learned to head the ball properly by now he never will(I assume he has had coaches since he started playing organised football). Tackling again he doesn't seem to have got the hang of despite playing as a defender.

Time should not be on his side or on ours.We cannot afford to have him playing with someone holding his hand or hoping the opposition don't play the ball near him.

Surely he has had more than enough chances and has been found wanting. Would anyone give a goalie who loses 5 or 6 goals a game through poor keeping a chance to see if his potential would come good.?

hes useless and if we can get rid i think we should. Poor in the air, poor distribution, craps himself anytime someone runs at him when he has the ball. I just hope that if we do sell him that moron bain remembers what the swedes said when we bought him for £600k. We only got him for that coz of his release clause and they said we got him really cheap. So we better make a profit if we sell him. I bet they wont come in offering the £1m+ they claimed he was worth though.

You can teach positioning, heading ability, positioning and marking.

But you CAN'T train someone to be brave and put the head in where it hurts.

Thats what Svensson won't do.

one of the only legone signings i thought wouldve made it,maybe he wouldve maybe he wouldnt,but a fair crack at the whip with a better partner beside him,ach well we'll never know now

How many more partners does he need for people to agree that he is not a central defender?

here is skysports article, similar to the BBC one but has quotes from karl.

Rangers defender Karl Svensson has hinted he may be forced to leave Ibrox in search of first-team football.

Svensson had been a regular under former coach Paul Le Guen, but has slipped down the pecking order following Walter Smith's arrival.

The 23-year-old is keen to regain his first-team place and has hinted he may return to Gothenburg if he is not required at Ibrox.

"I want to play and need playing time," he told Sportbladet. "At the moment, I'm not getting much and that needs to change.

"I haven't spoken to the staff recently, but if they don't want to give me the chance there is no point staying.

"If I do move, Gothenburg is a good option."

Gothenburg have also confirmed their interest in Svensson and are leaning towards landing the defender on loan.

However, coach Stefan Rehn conceded all will depend on whether Rangers will allow him to return to his former club.

"I'd be interested in taking Karl back because he was a great player for this club," Rehn told the Sunday Mail.

"A loan move might be good for him but it depends on Rangers.

"I'm not that surprised Karl hasn't made it because it's tough to get into Rangers' team.

"But I thought he had a real chance because he's a super defender."