Time for a new captain

Before you all start wetting your pants, pause and reflect.

Leave aside the issue of did he / didn't he surrounding him and PLG.

Just stand back and ask yourself, is this team a team working to maximum effort, displaying a never say die attitude, helping each other out ?

My contention is that a captain should be inspiring others to always give of their best. I do not question the personal commitment or effort or ability of the current captain, but no-one will convince med that he is inspiring everyone else to 'play for the jersey'.

That being the case, I beliegve it is now time for a new leader on the park. A leader who is a giant of a man both physically and in attitude. We need a Butcher or a Gough.

Thast should be our most important buy of the close season and it will allow the current captain to do what he does best - play.

I seriously worry that we may not win anotyher trophy under the current captain and so we mustb look at someone who can change the attitudes of those around him.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stand back and ask yourself, is this team a team working to maximum effort, displaying a never say die attitude, helping each other out ?

My contention is that a captain should be inspiring others to always give of their best. I do not question the personal commitment or effort or ability of the current captain, but no-one will convince med that he is inspiring everyone else to 'play for the jersey'.

That being the case, I beliegve it is now time for a new leader on the park. A leader who is a giant of a man both physically and in attitude. We need a Butcher or a Gough.

Thast should be our most important buy of the close season and it will allow the current captain to do what he does best - play.

I seriously worry that we may not win anotyher trophy under the current captain and so we mustb look at someone who can change the attitudes of those around him.

I dont think we will win another trophy with the current bosses our captain is working for :Animation44:

Thomson or weir should be given a shot as captain for the remaining games, give fergie a few games out, bring him back for the OF game.

Thomson already displayed good captain skills in hibs, so we should use that, especially if we are gonna get scott brown.

Thomson

1st of all he has to win a place in the starting 11.

I was absolutely disgusted that he was brought on for 1 minute, that is taking the piss!

Thomson in, Hemdani out. Want to see what a Ferguson-Thomson partnership is like.

If hemdani is leaving in the summer then yes, its advised... especially since we are 8points ahead of aberdeen, we should be able to relax a tad and try out some new tactics for the season ahead with the crop of players we have, including some youth boys.

I think that Alba has started a decent thread. Maybe, just maybe if the armband was taken away from Fergie, he might start to play with a bit more freedom (not having the weight of expectation that being a captain brings) and show us the quality of player that we all know he is. :pipe:

Thomson in, Hemdani out. Want to see what a Ferguson-Thomson partnership is like.

If hemdani is leaving in the summer then yes, its advised... especially since we are 8points ahead of aberdeen, we should be able to relax a tad and try out some new tactics for the season ahead with the crop of players we have, including some youth boys.

What if Hemdani isn't leaving tho, where does this leave Thomson, a guy we spent £2million on?

You cant say he is one for the future as Hemdani is only 29 and has about 4-5 years at the top. Thomson wont be prepared to sit on the bench.

Thomson

I was absolutely disgusted that he was brought on for 1 minute, that is taking the piss!

Was he? I watched it but missed that!

Thomson

Was he? I watched it but missed that!

If you blinked you'd of missed it, I dont think he got a touch.

its time for a new team, never mind a captain. The second worst Rangers team Ive ever witnessed.

I think the teams fae the late 70s early 80s would run amok with this lot and they were supposed to be the worst :pipeguy:

Guest TheQueensXI
its time for a new team

(tu)

(tu) you just have to look at the (lack of) quality we have in the squad overall. i dont see anyone at ibrox who would make a better captain than barry. and i dont see ws signing a player to be captain - and i dont think he should either. 7 managers have made him captain at both club and country level - i dont agree he is in the mould of the likes of gough, but he is a leader.