Time for a new captain

been reading this thread ..havent posted anything..

at first i thought.. yawn the anti-BF crew are at it again..

But tbh , maybe a new captain might help us in the long run. Not because i hate BF, as he is a legend in my eyes...but if we made D.Weir Captain (if he stays) that may lift a weight off fergusons shoulders and allow him to play his natural game in midfield. He tries too much when he is captain IMO.. and doesnt motivate players, he basically just shouts and screams at them...which doesnt help all the time.

Davie Weir has got the experience and leadership from the back that we have sorely lacked all season.

Could be interesting...

Funny thing Weir is playing well, but just a stopgap really, he's improved over his premiership years but it's taken him until he's 35 or whatever to do it, a late developer you could say ! A few years ago Davie wasn't Rangers class now people want him as captain ! Dark days indeed ? By the way he is a good stopgap but he's still not Rangers class !

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson has been captain under every manager he has ever played under in his senior career

Rangers- Advocaat

Blackburn - Souness, Hughes

Rangers- Eck, Walter

Scotland - Vogts, Walter, Eck

He is obviously a good captain and some people forget that we don't see what goes on in the dressing room or on the training pitch. You can't judge somebody as being captain material based on 90 minutes on the pitch. A leader is supposed to motivate and inspire others: Ferguson' motivation techniques might be in question on the pitch but he is our most talented player and is one of the only ones who the players can look to and for inspiration and say I should be giving my all to play like that too!

A good post from up north, Barry is in my humble opinion a very good captain and should remain so as long as he is at Rangers. Why would we take the captaincy from Barry and give it to David Weir, he will at best be here for one more seaon. Total pish if you ask me, and I have no doubt Walter would say the same. (header)

cant see barry losing his captaincy until the day he leaves IMO. And the added fact that Gavin Rae is out next season means we will need a new vice. Boyd has wore it a few times, hemdani doesnt quite have the drive/commitment to be a captain IMO. Klos/Dado are out. Mcgregor could be captain but I dont think goalies as captains are the best option. Leaving only the wingsbacks because the centrebacks will probably be completely different or near enough. Steven Smith for captain! theres always Thommo aswell

You would have to spend a few pound to get a player with the ability and class of Bazza into RFC...When someone with the vision of game as Bazza signs(that knows what RFC means to us ALL)geusashout!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pipeguy:

We need to have more class around our captian to really get the best out of our only World class player!