Pacac deseverves a new contract

another great thing about Sasa is when he was asked about the old firm rivalry he shooked his head and said that war in his home country puts than in perscective. In Scotland or Denmark for that matter we live a charmed life.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he would be happy to stay. For 10 grand a week he would provide competition for a new left back and defensive cover at CB. I'd happily give him another couple of years.

defo get him on a new deal guy is grafter never hides in a game and considering we bought him as a cb he has been excellent for us.not to mention hes scored against milan ! papac 5 x

Not for me, he does try his best but can not tackle. jump or pass a ball, also can not defend the back post. He also gets skinned to easily and is guilty of dreaming at the back post and loses his man.

He looks very lethargic and disinterested at times in his performances. Overall he has been very reliable and consistent.

Wouldn't be gutted to see him leave but would be happy for him to stay.

It would be nice to get a more natural left back though.

I like Papac and would like to see him get offered a new contract.

In my opinion, we have other areas that we need to focus on in the summer.

another reason to keep Papac is that he is best mates with Jelavic. Jelavic is a terrific player who will win us not only in Scotland but also Europe and if Sasa is his best mate so be it.

WTF?

Have you been drinking?

To answer the OP I like Sasa but I think the defence needs freshened up and wouldn't be disappointed if his contract wasn't renewed.

I wouldn't be against keeping him for back-up although it's wages that could go elsewhere.

Pretty much knocking himself out for the cause.

For a guy who has a few head/neck injuries, sticking his head to a ball going at that spead was remarkable, and very brave imo

Pretty much knocking himself out for the cause.

For a guy who has a few head/neck injuries, sticking his head to a ball going at that spead was remarkable, and very brave imo

totally agree, thats the sort of commitment we want to see from our players

GOD BLESS THE PAPAC

+1 (tu)

For the people saying Papac has cost us many goals by being caught out of position , any actual examples of these 'many' times from this season?

Can only think of a couple in Europe against Sporting/PSV that Sasa could have did better, possibly opening day penalty against Kilmarnock. That was soft though and you would expect Sasa to get caught out at times against better opposition because he is a natural CB. Whittaker constantly gets caught out more than Sasa, especially in Europe.

They may be thinking about the many occasions weir and boogie go for the same ball leaving Papac with at least 2 men to mark on his own :rolleyes:

very cheap on the wage bill as well, i doubt he'll be wanting much more to stay.

i understand everyone thinking "yes, money in - get some of the players out" but remember we need to rebuild the first team as well as the reserves, we should be aiming for a massive intake and a small cull on who we have to bolster as well as strengthen.

Papac is a bargain and more than good enough for the SPL, yes he had a few mistakes in the last european campaign, but what player didn't?.

I agree, he deseverveseses a new contract.

He's been a servant to the club for the past few years and while his form has dipped from time to time. On the major basis he has been consistent.

So yes he does deserve a new contract.