Kevin Thomson - anyone else a bit worried?

Hes been pretty poor the games hes played particularly against Osasuna when he looked completey out his depth. Im not wanting to slate the guy as it is very early days and hes had a couple of injuries but for £2 million nowadays we really need someone who is going to be an integral part of the 1st team - Im getting slightly concerned he may not be of the quality to fulfill that role. Hopefully he proves me wrong next year. :(

Hes been pretty poor the games hes played particularly against Osasuna when he looked completey out his depth. Im not wanting to slate the guy as it is very early days and hes had a couple of injuries but for £2 million nowadays we really need someone who is going to be an integral part of the 1st team - Im getting slightly concerned he may not be of the quality to fulfill that role. Hopefully he proves me wrong next year. :(

I hear you mate, and do somewhat share your concern. I think though, as you said, it's still early days. I feel he will be a HUGE asset to Rangers in future, and when his mate Brown joins him again in the summer from Hibs (which I am sure he will), it will be a GREAT combo!

Next year WILL be # 52 for Gers!

Follow! championee

i think he will be a big player for us in the future, not that worried that hes taking a while to settle but i have to say i do think we paid a bit over the odds for him. I wouldnt have went above £1.5m because hes still unproven at the highest level.

said it before and il say it again..Thomson was a pointless signing

I don't think Hemdani REALLY wants to be here, and he's not getting any younger either.

Where did you get that about Hemdani?

he has stayed here under 3 different managers now.. played in positions which werent his best..and did it without even moaning in the slightest

he looks happy here

I think with some of the players, its more along the lines of just getting through the year respectable and preparing for next year. To be at your best you need to be mentally able to give it all every game. That might be S.T. might be struggling with as he is a youngster.

The boy needs time.

He's been tired in the squad along side Hemdani but it just wasn't working. He needs space to work in, he just wasn't getting that with Barry and Hemdani there.

I would really like to see (once we have wrapped up second place) a Burke/novo, thomson, Bazza, Adam midfield just to see how effective Thomson really is. Don't forget ATM he's being pushed out of the team by hemdani and bazza who are two of the best midfielders in the SPL.

Always thought he was too one paced at Hibs and could not see the point of signing him. I certainly don't think he was worth more than 750k unless part of his fee was a down payment for Brown. Hemdani is a far better player than Thomson who is a mid table player.

I think with some of the players, its more along the lines of just getting through the year respectable and preparing for next year. To be at your best you need to be mentally able to give it all every game. That might be S.T. might be struggling with as he is a youngster.

Yeah mate he is a buy for next season, WS is building for next season and signed KT early to give him time to se ttle in, IMO u should not be worried as from waht i have seen he has the makings of a good player and should hopefully start to play like it after a good pre season behing him. Hopefully with the addition of Scott Brown in the summer this will help him aswell.

We need 2 quality players in every position(shame in some we have none) and with Thomson and Brahim we have 2 belters at holding midfield.

Now all we need is 2 left wingers,a right winger,3 strikers,a centre half and 2 full backs and we're laughing

We need 2 quality players in every position(shame in some we have none) and with Thomson and Brahim we have 2 belters at holding midfield.

Now all we need is 2 left wingers,a right winger,3 strikers,a centre half and 2 full backs and we're laughing

Gotta agree Buddy - But you forgot - another GK!

Sad really!

Gotta agree Buddy - But you forgot - another GK!

Sad really!

True i forgot about another keeper..

I have to agree with the Fish here. £2m in world terms isn't a great deal when buying a young player with unproven potential, although I still think we paid about £750k over-the-odds for him.

Excuse me for using my term which is usually reserved for Boyd....

Whit do ye expect for 400.000 Thierry feckin Henry ??? :lol:

hemdani/thomson/barry in midfield is just the same as hemdani/clement/barry in midfield. IT CANNOT BE DONE. Thomson must play. hemdani must be sold for maximum profit while he is playing well. Probably to a french ligue 1 side. £1M easy. Cuts thomsons price to half. and we have a young scottish player to play the role for years to come and a bargaining ship to get scott brown.

The full team were out their depth tho!

hemdani/thomson/barry in midfield is just the same as hemdani/clement/barry in midfield. IT CANNOT BE DONE. Thomson must play. hemdani must be sold for maximum profit while he is playing well. Probably to a french lique 1 side. £1M easy. Cuts thomsons price to half. and we have a young scottish player to play the role for years to come and a bargaining ship to get scott brown.

I like that idea to be honest Hemdani's done a really solid job this year but players like him are ten a penny nowadays and I think Thommo could grow into someone more than capable of fulfilling that role.

thing is he previously played for marseille hemdani so it would be hard to ay where he would go, look at j-rod, he went back to france and is playing for marseille. hemdani could easily walk into a Lens/lille/rennes/marseille of the french ligue