Kevin Thomson - anyone else a bit worried?

Something about Hemdani I just do not like is it his turn back towards goal with the ball or his slowing down of play stopping a quick attack? To me he is not a modern day footballer although he has ability he does not inspire me with confidence when he’s on the ball yet he rarely looses it or make a bad pass yet I still feel we can do better in that position.

Thomson can do everything Hemdani can do, and more, IMO.

Why he is not in the team is ludacris.

In theory, but so far he has not shown that he can!

He's not had the chance, to be fair mate.

Fair point but is that not just because Hemdani's form has been so good that Thomson can't dislodge him?

It depends what you want from a player.

If your happy with a player who will only pass 10 yards to either side then yes, Hemdani has been out standing.

But, if you want a player who will show aggression, determination and put himself about, Hemdani is distinctly average, and thats my opinion.

Thomson offers us a awful lot more.

As a number of people have said in this thread, we need a SQUAD of players, right now we barely have a team let alone a squad.

The clubs playing staff needs completely overhauled in the summer, I don't expect that we will buy a whole new team, far from it, but I do expect a number of players to be promoted to the 1st team on a full time basis in the summer to atleast give us cover for any position we don't have.

I also think that a new GK will be well down the list of priorities, Lee Robinson looks a decent keeper from the little I have saw of him and the large amount I've heard about him. It seems that we have plenty of decent young players to cover all the midfield positions bar LM/LW which 2 players will have to be signed for, 1 short term and 1 long term, as Fleck isn't ready to make the step up quite yet.

Central Midfield I think we are fine in and probably won't require strengthening with Ferguson, Hemdani, Thomson and Adam, along with Brown likely to come in the summer.

What we really needed was somebody in the Stuart McCall molde doing all the work and getting stuck in.

For me that man is Scott Brown, I always thought he was an exceptional prospect and after seeing him against Georgia and Italy where he didn't look out of depth at all he should be a player we sign at any cost.

Thomson had a big fall out with Collins. He was on his way out of Hibs. Celtic were sniffing around one of the players we saw had a big future with Scotland. He was signed before they could get a foot in, earlier than we would have liked, but neccessary in order to tie him up. His progress will continue at Ibrox until he is ready to take himself and the club further. Its as simple as that.

An unnecessary signing - Hemdani already does that job, and better imo.

...and so could Ferguson if required. Brown would've been the better buy. Of course Hemdami could be leaving in the Summer and Brown may also join us.