Fulham v Liverpool

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinkin about that earlier on, they play far better without him, he shouldn't just be walkin back into the team.

He really does seem to be becoming their Raul. Still a good player but maybe it's time they stopped relying on him and vice versa. The last thing the new era of Liverpool needs is a "Mr Liverpool" character in the team. Carragher has the experience but he's not the same superhero, "me me me" type of player, and they have Dalglish for the talismanic presence. Gerrard is seeming more and more obselete with every passing game.

Liverpool are simply awesome at the moment, no two ways about it. The best team in the EPL on current form surely? I'd say so anyway. Dalglish with a full summer to bring in new faces and build on the team he has will do wonders with Liverpool, they'll be back next season :D

Does anybody else think Liverpool should be dreading the return of Gerrard?

I'd play him behind Meireles and put Lucas on the bench.

Stevie G is unreal at times and he has to play.

He really does seem to be becoming their Raul. Still a good player but maybe it's time they stopped relying on him and vice versa. The last thing the new era of Liverpool needs is a "Mr Liverpool" character in the team. Carragher has the experience but he's not the same superhero, "me me me" type of player, and they have Dalglish for the talismanic presence. Gerrard is seeming more and more obselete with every passing game.

Gerrard should play where Spearing plays at the moment, however, he should be restrained, his range of passing is wonderful, but he no longer needs to be Liverpool's superhero, he can trust others in the team to do their jobs, he wont play like the midfield general of before, they dont need that kind of player anymore, but rather, as a advanced playmaker, you can trust him to get the balls where they are needed and occasionally shoot and get a few goals himself, he is Liverpool's captain, and he carried Liverpool almost on his own at times, he has the ability and prescence to play in the new Liverpool, there is no-one better than Dalglish to reshape Gerrard.

Additionally, there will be points in the game where Liverpool will be on the back-foot and in the shit, there is no-one better to haul a team out of the shit than Gerrard.

Gerrard should play where Spearing plays at the moment, however, he should be restrained, his range of passing is wonderful, but he no longer needs to be Liverpool's superhero, he can trust others in the team to do their jobs, he wont play like the midfield general of before, they dont need that kind of player anymore, but rather, as a advanced playmaker, you can trust him to get the balls where they are needed and occasionally shoot and get a few goals himself, he is Liverpool's captain, and he carried Liverpool almost on his own at times, he has the ability and prescence to play in the new Liverpool, there is no-one better than Dalglish to reshape Gerrard.

Perhaps you're right (tu)

(tu)

I started a thread a few months back suggesting that maybe, just maybe, it's time for them to cash in on him and build the team around somebody else.

This could definitely be the case.

But as it stands, I still think he's better than Lucas in that holding midfield role. I've always though Gerrard was better at winning the ball and spreading play.

I love how the scousers have started up the chorus of "next year is out year" shite again. If's hillarious, they do it at this time every single year for the past 20 years :lol:

Delusional scouse muppets.

I would rep you if I had some (tu)

This could definitely be the case.

But as it stands, I still think he's better than Lucas in that holding midfield role. I've always though Gerrard was better at winning the ball and spreading play.

Yeah, but the thing is, could you rein him in like that?

I love how the scousers have started up the chorus of "next year is out year" shite again. If's hillarious, they do it at this time every single year for the past 20 years :lol:

Delusional scouse muppets.

To be fair, they do have plenty to be optimistic about currently.