Rangers Manager for a Season

papaguy51

Right, a lot of criticism goes on about the management etc with our club, so if anyones interested I thought I'd set a wee challenge.

Say you have £7million to start off with. You are Rangers manager for next season, in charge of buying players, selling players, getting money in and the systems the teams play.

What would you do next season REALISTICALLY, ie no selling Charlie Adam for £20mil and bringing in Cristiano Ronaldo etc.

Be interesting to see how different RM members respond.

Loan out Sebo,Adam,Thomson

Sell - Murray,Sionko,Svensson,Ugo,Rae.

Sign Scott Brown

Sign David Healy

Sign Koevermans

Sign Central defender (cant think of one now will come back to it)

Keep Davie Weir

Team...

------------McGregor-----------

Hutton--Weir--????-----Smith----

-----------Hemdani------------

------Buffel-------Ferguson----

-------------Healy---------

----------Boyd----Koevermans----

ha ha...

controversial

First of all Prso n Klos would be leaving so that means I would buy another keeper, that would be Richard Wright

from Everton (Not Nigel Martyn! as i previously sed!) on a free to compete with McGregor. I'd like to see if Hutton keeps up his recent good form before going for a wee loan bid for Glen Johnson of Chelsea (if he returns from Pompey). Sign weir for one more year and check how webster is with his displays and fitness before deciding whether to sign him or not for around 300-500k. I would buy Brown but for no more than £3 Million and buy Koevermans (who scored 2 at the weekened) for at most £2 Million or a swap with buffel. Out the door would be Ponroy, N'dyae (spellin agen), Prso, Klos, Sebo, Sionko, Svensson. I would Bid for Healy for around £1.5 Mill - £2 Mill. A left winger is needed as I would probably boot Charlie out to the Championship down south. That man would be....... Barry Robson.. no ko it would probably be... erm... Kieran Richardson!

My first team sqaud would be.

McGregor

Hutton (Johnson) - Weir - Webster - Smith

Brown - Ferguson - Hemdani - Richardson

Koevermans - Healy (or Boyd up there)

52 would be in the bag along with the Scottish and CIS cups and also the quarter finals of the Champions league. Oh how i wish... how we all wish!

Ian Murray would get the boot too if I could some how manage to bring in Chivu from Roma! championee

Transfers in

David Healy - £3million

Scott Brown - £2.5million

Andy Webster - £500,000

Steven Naismith - £500,000

Transfers out

Libor Sionko - £750,000

Sasa Papac - £500,000

Karl Svensson - Loan

Gavin Rae - £750,000

Ugo Ehiogu - Free Transfer

Antoine Ponroy - Free Transfer

Makhtar N'Diaye - Free Transfer

Thomas Buffel - £1.5million

------------------------McGregor------------------------

Hutton---------Weir-----------Webster-----------Smith

-----------------------Thomson--------------------------

Brown---------------------------------------------Naismith

-----------------------Ferguson-------------------------------

--------------Boyd------------Healy----------------------------

Edit: Forgot to sell crappy Reserve players and Buffel

I love threads like this Papaguy!(tu)

Clear out Prso, Klos and Rae as there contracts are up anyway. That would free upwards of £65,000 a week. I would also try and salvage some sort of transfer fee for Sionko and Sebo which would free up about £15,000 a week and hopefully add about £1,000,000 to my transfer pot.

My first move would be to invade the bosman market with the £80,000 I just knocked off my wage bill.

Despite it being ambitious I would make a move for Stuttgart keeper Timo Hildebrand. If you don't ask you don't get. His contract is up and he wants to play in the Champions League. Hopefully I could get Klos to have aword in his ear and sell him on the club.(£25,000 a week) He would have to look no furthur than Klos to see what he could achieve here.

Dennis Rommedahl (Charlton) Out of contract in the summer. Has never produced his PSV form for Charlton but has experience (66 Caps for Denmark) and pace, allegedly he can do the 100 metres in 10.8 seconds, that we so badly need at the moment. He could easily compensate for two players as he can play on either wing or upfront

David Healy (Leeds) His goalscoring exploits for Northern Ireland leading to Leeds valuing him highly I think I could snatch him for a reasonable £1,500,000. His goalscoring record is brillant for Northern Ireland (24 goals in 54 caps) and I think he would complement Boyd well.

If I was still a striker short I would sign Chris Killen on a free transfer from Hibs simply because I see him as a good strong player who knows the SPL and is more than capable of playing up front on his own if that is required. Maybe not the "quality" required but would certainly bve a handful for all defenders. His wages are only £1,500 at present, so I would use half of Sebo's (£6,000) wages to offer Killen a contract he couldn't refuse (£3,000)

Russell Anderson (Aberdeen) £1,500,000. Surely this guy deserves a chance at either a Premiership side or either of the old firm? Has been phenominal for Aberdeen and just gets better with age. He knows the SPL like the back of his hand and could easily be the long term replacement for Weir and perhaps rival Ferguson for the captains armband.

Scott Brown (Hibs) Has the drive desire, determination and will to win that is lacking from our otherwise wooden midfield. The quoted price of 5 million is a bit steep so if i couldn't lower it I would look elsewhere, possibly to a Niko Kranjkar who would realistically cost about £2,500,000 and has 26 more International Caps than Brown despite being of a similar age or even Zoltan Gera who can play on the wing, in the centre or even off the front man.

I would also look for a full back who is capable of playing at both sides with ease. I can't think of one off the top of my head so I will edit this later.

Initially I would play a 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield simply because it makes more sense than playing paceless players as wingers as they can more involved in the game if the move infield, however with players like Rommedahl, Gera and Brown being quite versatile and a striker in Killen who can play up top on his own it could be changed to a flat 4-4-2 or even a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 depending on the opposition.

-----------------------Hildebrand----------------------

Hutton---------Anderson-----------Weir------------Smith

--------------------------Hemdani----------------------------

-----------Ferguson-------------------Thomson---------------

----------------------------Brown------------------------------

--------------Healy--------------------Boyd-----------------------

We would beable to play to Hutton and Smiths strengths which are there attacking while Hemdani could cover their forward runs. We would have an excellent balance in midfield with Thosmon and Ferguson having the freedom to roam but also the self discipline to know when and when not to do it, and Healy who could work the channels all day long while Ferguson and Thomson pick out balls for them and Boyd puts the chances away!

I love threads like this Papaguy!(tu)

Clear out Prso, Klos and Rae as there contracts are up anyway. That would free upwards of £65,000 a week. I would also try and salvage some sort of transfer fee for Sionko and Sebo which would free up about £15,000 a week and hopefully add about £1,000,000 to my transfer pot.

My first move would be to invade the bosman market with the £80,000 I just knocked off my wage bill.

Despite it being ambitious I would make a move for Stuttgart keeper Timo Hildebrand. If you don't ask you don't get. His contract is up and he wants to play in the Champions League. Hopefully I could get Klos to have aword in his ear and sell him on the club.(£25,000 a week) He would have to look no furthur than Klos to see what he could achieve here.

Dennis Rommedahl (Charlton) Out of contract in the summer. Has never produced his PSV form for Charlton but has experience (66 Caps for Denmark) and pace, allegedly he can do the 100 metres in 10.8 seconds, that we so badly need at the moment. He could easily compensate for two players as he can play on either wing or upfront

David Healy (Leeds) His goalscoring exploits for Northern Ireland leading to Leeds valuing him highly I think I could snatch him for a reasonable £1,500,000. His goalscoring record is brillant for Northern Ireland (24 goals in 54 caps) and I think he would complement Boyd well.

If I was still a striker short I would sign Chris Killen on a free transfer from Hibs simply because I see him as a good strong player who knows the SPL and is more than capable of playing up front on his own if that is required. Maybe not the "quality" required but would certainly bve a handful for all defenders. His wages are only £1,500 at present, so I would use half of Sebo's (£6,000) wages to offer Killen a contract he couldn't refuse (£3,000)

Russell Anderson (Aberdeen) £1,500,000. Surely this guy deserves a chance at either a Premiership side or either of the old firm? Has been phenominal for Aberdeen and just gets better with age. He knows the SPL like the back of his hand and could easily be the long term replacement for Weir and perhaps rival Ferguson for the captains armband.

Scott Brown (Hibs) Has the drive desire, determination and will to win that is lacking from our otherwise wooden midfield. The quoted price of 5 million is a bit steep so if i couldn't lower it I would look elsewhere, possibly to a Niko Kranjkar who would realistically cost about £2,500,000 and has 26 more International Caps than Brown despite being of a similar age or even Zoltan Gera who can play on the wing, in the centre or even off the front man.

I would also look for a full back who is capable of playing at both sides with ease. I can't think of one off the top of my head so I will edit this later.

Initially I would play a 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield, however with players like Rommedahl, Gera and Brown being quite versatile and a striker in Killen who can play up top on his own it could be changed to a flat 4-4-2 or even a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 depending on the opposition.

DADO FOR MANAGER!!!!!! championee

First of all Prso n Klos would be leaving so that means I would buy another keeper, that would be Nigel Martyn (dunno if thts the spellin) on a free to compete with McGregor. I'd like to see if Hutton keeps up his recent good form before going for a wee loan bid for Glen Johnson of Chelsea (if he returns from Pompey). Sign weir for one more year and check how webster is with his displays and fitness before deciding whether to sign him or not for around 300-500k. I would buy Brown but for no more than £3 Million and buy Koevermans (who scored 2 at the weekened) for at most £2 Million or a swap with buffel. Out the door would be Ponroy, N'dyae (spellin agen), Prso, Klos, Sebo, Sionko, Svensson. I would Bid for Healy for around £1.5 Mill - £2 Mill. A left winger is needed as I would probably boot Charlie out to the Championship down south. That man would be....... Barry Robson.. no ko it would probably be... erm... Kieran Richardson!

My first team sqaud would be.

McGregor

Hutton (Johnson) - Weir - Webster - Smith

Brown - Ferguson - Hemdani - Richardson

Koevermans - Healy (or Boyd up there)

52 would be in the bag along with the Scottish and CIS cups and also the quarter finals of the Champions league. Oh how i wish... how we all wish!

Ian Murray would get the boot too if I could some how manage to bring in Chivu from Roma! championee

Would that be the same Nigel Martyn who was forced to sit out the last 4 months of the 2005/06 season and then retired in the summer of 2006?

<_<

Prso, Klos, Rae and N'Diaye would leave as out of contract.

On top of that I'd,

Sebo- Offer to Austria Vienna or Artmedia Bratislava for £700k

Papac- Offer to a few clubs for £250k

Svensson- Offered to IFK for £250k

Sionko- Offered to a few clubs, £350k

Buffel- Offer to a few clubs for £1.5million

Novo- Offer to clubs, around £300-500k

Ehiogu- Release

I'd then offer,

Zoltan Gera a pre-contract worth £20k a week

Davie Weir a new 1 year deal

Robbie Fowler a 2 year deal worth £20k a week

Timo Hildebrand a 3 year contract worth £28k a week

Petter Hansson a 3 year contract worth £14k a week

I'd make Man United and Kieron Richardson an offer of a season's loan deal, paying 40% of his wages

Alan Gow and Kirk Broadfoot already signed

Offer £1 250 000 for Steven Naismith

Offer £2 900 000 for Scott Brown

Offer £950k for Daniel Majstorovic

Sign Webster for £500k

Offer £1 750 000 for David Healy

Alan Lowing and Dean Furman promoted into the 1st team

Hildebrand, McGregor, Robinson

Hutton, Majstorovic(can play RB or CB), Lowing

Weir, Webster, Hansson, Majstorovic, Broadfoot

Smith, Murray, Richardson(can fill in there incase of injuries)

Gera(can also play in the centre), Brown(can also play in the centre), Burke

Ferguson, Brown, Hemdani, Gera, Thomson, Furman

Richardson(can also play at LB or in the centre midfield), Naismith(can also play upfront), Gow(can play in 2 other positions)

Healy, Boyd, Fowler, Naismith

Starting 11

------------------------HEALY--BOYD------------------

RICHARDSON------FERGUSON--BROWN-------GERA

SMITH-----------HANSSON-----WEIR---------HUTTON

--------------------------HILDEBRAND------------------

Transfers in

David Healy - £3million

Andy Webster - £500,000

Transfers out

Libor Sionko - £750,000

Sasa Papac - £500,000

Karl Svensson - Loan

Gavin Rae - £750,000

William Stanger - Free Transfer

Edit: Forgot to sell crappy Reserve players

Would that be the same William Stanger, That was released in January, went for a weeks trial with GAIS of Sweden and failed to get a contract and at this current time is unattached?

<_<

Transfers in

David Healy - £3million

Andy Webster - £500,000

Transfers out

Libor Sionko - £750,000

Sasa Papac - £500,000

Karl Svensson - Loan

Gavin Rae - £750,000

Edit: Forgot to sell crappy Reserve players

Would that be the same William Stanger, That was released in January, went for a weeks trial with GAIS of Sweden and failed to get a contract and at this current time is unattached?

<_<

Aye, that would be the one :lol:

On top of that I'd,

Ehiogu- Release

I'd then offer,

I'd make Man United and Kieron Richardson an offer of a season's loan deal, paying 40% of his wages

Sign Webster for £500k

Richardson(can also play at LB or in the centre midfield), Naismith(can also play upfront), Gow(can play in 2 other positions)

Starting 11

Maybe even ditch interest in Andy Webster and make an offer for Darren Barr of Falkirk.

On top of that I'd,

Ehiogu- Release

I'd then offer,

Sign Webster for £500k

Starting 11

Maybe even ditch interest in Andy Webster and make an offer for Darren Barr of Falkirk.

Webster is a done deal...... We just need to wait until the paperwork is all cleared up.

On top of that I'd,

Ehiogu- Release

I'd then offer,

Sign Webster for £500k

Starting 11

Webster is a done deal...... We just need to wait until the paperwork is all cleared up.

Well still sign Barr, send him back to Falkirk for the season until Weir retires.

I would actually keep the majority of the squad and went into a little detail in another thread but will fully cover it here.

Sell

Buffel - Only player who has a real market value bar Fergie - £2-3Million

Rae - Get him off the wage bill - Bosman

Prso - Leaving anyway - Bosman

Klos - Retiring

Sionko - Not physically cut out for Scotland - £250k

Novo - Gives his all but not good enough - £500k If were lucky

Sebo - Self explanatory - Anything we get offered

Total £3.25-4 million

This gives me almost £11million to spend on new players in total.

Buy

Healy - Perfect partner for Boyd - £3million

Mpenza - Excellent addition to squad - Bosman

Naismith - Excellent prospect, good cover - £1million

Brown - Adds steel to midfield and quite versatile - £3million

Gow - Decent Squad player already coming - Bosman

Broadfoot- As Gow - Bosman

Webster - Good Centre back will form a good partnership with Weir - £500k ish

Total £7.5million ish

This should give me a squad which would look like and play in this sort of formation, (2nd string in brackets)

McGregor (Robinson)

Hutton (Lowing) Weir (Ugo) Webster (Broadfoot) Smith (Papac)

Brown (Adam) Ferguson () Thomson (Hemdani)

Burke (Gow)

Boyd (Mpenza) Healy (Naismith)

Extra players for General cover - Murray, Shinnie, Lennon, Svensson

The younger ones of these I would look to loan out to another British club.

I would give N'Diaye pre-season to prove himself - Looked decent in the games I saw him but not totally convinced.

With the money left over I would probably persue a proper replacement for Ferguson, preferably from Asia for marketing purposes, Shinji Ono possibly.

Personally I think the squad has plenty of versatility to allow a change in formation and tactics depending on circumstances.

Leaving

Prso - Bosman

Rae - Bosman

N Diaye - Bosman

Ponroy - Release

Klos - Retire

Sionko - £350k

Sebo - £650k

Buffel £1.75m

Hemdani £1.5m

Total = £4.25m

Ins

Hansson - Free

Hildebrand - Free

Gera - Free

Gow - Free

Broadfoot - Free

Barr - £100k

Brown - £2.7m

Murty £700k

Healy £1.7m

Koevermans £2m

Webster £500k

Total = £7.7m

Hildebrand

Murty Hansson Weir Smith

Gera Brown Ferguson Koevermans

Boyd Healy

Subs

McGregor

Hutton

Webster

Thomson

Burke

Novo

Adam

Out:

Klos. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £30,000

Ehiogu. Transfer Fee - £200,000, Wages - £15,000

Papac. Transfer Fee - £300,000, Wages - £8,000

Svensson. Transfer Fee - £500,000, Wages - £8,000

Rae. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £5,000

Prso. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £30,000

Sebo. Transfer Fee - £500,000, Wages - £10,000

Sionko. Transfer Fee - £250,000, Wages - £10,000

N'Diaye. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £5,000

Buffel. Transfer Fee - £2,000,000, Wages - £15,000

Total Transfer Fee - £3,750,000

Total Wages - £135,000 PW

IN:

Broadfoot. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £5,000

Gow. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £5,000

Anderson. Transfer Fee - £1,250,000, Wages - £10,000

Brown. Transfer Fee - £2,500,000, Wages £10,000

Richardson. Transfer Fee - Loan, Wages - £15,000

Healy. Transfer Fee - £1,500,000, Wages £10,000

Koevermans. Transfer Fee - £2,500,000, Wages - £20,000

Naismith. Transfer Fee - £1,000,000, Wages - £10,000

Total Transfer Fee - £8,750,000

Total Wages - £85,000

Total Money Spent - £5,000,000

Squad:

GK: McGregor, Robinson

RB: Hutton, Lowing

LB: Smith, Murray

CB: Weir, Webster

CB: Anderson, Broadfoot

RW: Brown, Burke

CM: Ferguson, Furman

CM: Thomson, Hemdani

LW: Richardson, Adam

ST: Boyd, Gow

ST: Healy, Koevermans

Starting XI:

McGregor

Hutton Weir Anderson Smith

Brown Ferguson Thomson Richardson

Boyd Koevermans

my squad would be

GK: Macgregor, loan deal for Kuszcak (Man Utd) :blush:

RB: Hutton, Whittaker

LB: Smith, Murray

CB: Weir,Webster,Broadfoot, Ibrahima Sonko (Reading), Jonny Evans (Man Utd)

RM: Naismith, Brown

LM: Gow, Koevermans

CM: Hemdani, Ferguson, Thomson, Flamini (Arsenal)

CF: Boyd, Healy, Fletcher, Bendtner (Arsenal)

Starting 11

------------------Kuszcak---------------

Hutton-----Weir---------Sonko-----Smith

Brown---Ferguson----Thomson---Koevermans

-------------Healy------Boyd------------

In- Kuszack Loan, Whittaker £700k, Webster £500k, Sonko £1-2m, Evans £1-£2m, Naismith £750k, Brown £2.5-£3m, Koevermans swap deal, Flamini Loan, Healy £2-£3m, Fletcher £500k and Bendnter on loan

Out: Svensson, Ugo, Papac, Burke, Adam, Rae, N'Diaye, Sionko, Sebo, Buffel, Klos, Prso

Flamini would be a good signing but he wants a move to Spain or Italy. We could never attract him to Ibrox.

He would indeed came out last week and said if he is not gonna be featuring for Arsenal then he would like to move but definately worth looking in to