Have we turned the sectarian tide in our favour?

Songs that every Bear can sing get the place jumping. Penny Arcade has done that, as has the Blue Sea, and the more that we can add to the songbook the better. For quite a lot of fans, singing about Ulster doesn't mean anything (or not that much). So you only get a section, for the most part, signing those songs. The FTP shite, even less so.

To be honest, it would be great if we could put Rangers words to a ew of the 'traditional' Ulster songs, as that would get the place really buzzing

But obviously some on here will disagree.

The tune of Build my Gallows, with Rangers words would be spectacular!

Have to agree with you there. I'm not from northern Ireland so why should I say I am in songs?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if we stopped the Billy boys etc they, and their apologists would still be complaining about it in 20 years like they still complain to this day about our alleged signing policy pre Mojo.

They crave victimhood and suppression, it's what their faith conditions them for through lifes journey.

In the Daily Record this morning.It reads! Poor wee Neil,the bigots are out to get him.

Then it says.

They sing about the boyne and dont know where it is. And the sash and they dont have a clue.

Still no mention in the Record about Celtic shameful bigotry singing at Hearts.

I wont be getting this paper again.

In the Daily Record this morning.It reads! Poor wee Neil,the bigots are out to get him.

Then it says.

They sing about the boyne and dont know where it is. And the sash and they dont have a clue.

Still no mention in the Record about Celtic shameful bigotry singing at Hearts.

I wont be getting this paper again.

Celtic and Hearts set for the dock over bigoted songs during night of hate at Tynecastle

May 13 2011 Craig Swan

SPL chiefs are set to investigate a report of sectarian chanting from Celtic and Hearts fans during Wednesday's explosive clash at Tynecastle.

The fall-out from Gorgie is being investigated by the SPL and SFA after a night which shamed Scottish football across the globe.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon was subject of an attackl from a moron who broke from the Hearts section of the ground in the capital.

As if that shameful incident wasn't bad enough, a clash broke out involving spectators, stewards and police in a section of the Roseburn Stand that was housing the visiting supporters.

Pro-IRA chanting was also heard from the Celtic section of the ground with Hearts fans guilty of sectarian singing during a poisonous 90 minutes.

Record Sport understands that match delegate Willie McDougall will include all of these sorry events in his report which is due to land at Hampden Park in the coming days.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/2011/05/13/celtic-and-hearts-set-for-the-dock-over-bigoted-songs-during-night-of-hate-at-tynecastle-86908-23127142/

Taken from today's (13-05-11) Daily Record

Guest KarlG45

It would certainly seem that we are getting some good publicity again, but please remember we are dealing with WORLD-CLASS vicTIMS here. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING gets by them, no matter how innocent.

Daily there are THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of them trolling the internet, DESPERATE to be offended.

As a few posters have pointed out, constantly crying 'wolf' might just have the opposite effect.

I have a feeling that in the coming weeks and months, the spotlight will be turned ever more upon Timothy and his terrorist supporting songs and other undesireable behaviour.

Oh Timothy Timothy, the ultimate irony. The eternal victim having a hand in his own undoing.

Bring it on!!

:pipe:

Tonight on Radio Clyde I couldn't beleive the praise being heaped upon Rangers by Graham Spiers - he was also highly critical of Celtic and their chanting of IRA songs at Tynecastle last night.

He was also waxing lyrical about the atmosphere at Ibrox against Hearts and United saying it was "unbelievable"

Tonight on Sportscene we have Pat Nevin also talking about the game against United.....

"Rangers were fantastic in that 1st half...as good as i've seen them for years"

"The passing and movement was a joy to watch"

"Jelavic is the best technical player in the SPL"

"The atmosphere at ibrox was fantastic...the fans were excellent"

WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!!!

Penny Arcade has definitely given the place a lift, no doubt about, and even in the Main Stand where I sit the "Grumpy Old Bastard Loyal" :lol: have even joined in with the singing.

These are good times and Timothy isn't coping with the good publicity we've been receiving.... let's keep it up. :uk::scot:

more than the comments of Brittany etc , I get huge pleasure out of knowing that over at the Tattie munchers hut dr death and spewell will be biting the table as we are getting all this good publicity and wondering where thier flawed and disguting plan at the start of the season went wrong ......ah sweet justice !

This has always been the clever way out but some people just couldnt see it. It took a seriously vindictive campaign by FARE to unite our fans in a new way forward.

Lets keep it that way now, and turn the heatlamp onto the other mob across the way.

:clap:

Been saying the same for ages. Got shot down initially, but I see the tide is now genuinely turning and they are in the spotlight now.

I'm immensely proud of how quickly we've played them at their own game and got it right up them. They were expecting to goad us into carrying on in defiance and got the shock of their tawdry lives.

Their campaign depended on stoking up sectarian feeling and then pointing at us obliging them. Instead they stoked it up and the focus went on them instead.

We just need to keep it up, give them nothing to greet about and let the media do the rest. The time is coming for their terrorist songs now. They ain't gonna like that. :crabflute:

more than the comments of Brittany etc , I get huge pleasure out of knowing that over at the Tattie munchers hut dr death and spewell will be biting the table as we are getting all this good publicity and wondering where thier flawed and disguting plan at the start of the season went wrong ......ah sweet justice !

Thats what happened with this mob over at girodomania.

They tried to raise thier own profile by knocking us, as soon as we turned it around which they never thought we'd do now evey one is saying "Oh look how well the gers fans are doing now, keep it up"

Now Dr death's PR machine is wondering "WTF happened there?" and now the focus is right back squarely were it belongs, on this terror/boy loving outfit

We should keep going as we have in recent weeks, indeed the last few games the atmosphere has been the best in a long time. If we are good little boys then yes the spotloght will turn on them and they will be exposed.

'Mister C' hits nail firmly on head. (tu)

It's good to see some of the media highlighting the beggars for a change. These scumbags genuinely believe anything they sing is o.k. This seasons events have definitely galvanised the Rangers support much to the dismay of many, long may it continue.

Tonight on Radio Clyde I couldn't beleive the praise being heaped upon Rangers by Graham Spiers - he was also highly critical of Celtic and their chanting of IRA songs at Tynecastle last night.

He was also waxing lyrical about the atmosphere at Ibrox against Hearts and United saying it was "unbelievable"

Tonight on Sportscene we have Pat Nevin also talking about the game against United.....

"Rangers were fantastic in that 1st half...as good as i've seen them for years"

"The passing and movement was a joy to watch"

"Jelavic is the best technical player in the SPL"

"The atmosphere at ibrox was fantastic...the fans were excellent"

WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!!!

Penny Arcade has definitely given the place a lift, no doubt about, and even in the Main Stand where I sit the "Grumpy Old Bastard Loyal" :lol: have even joined in with the singing.

These are good times and Timothy isn't coping with the good publicity we've been receiving.... let's keep it up. :uk::scot:

I wont hold my breath until they are pulled up in front of UEFA SFA POLICE for their IRA facist songs.

Lol got to agree and as long as we stick to the new clever song book long may it continue. Imo i think we should only indulge into our pro Ulster songs when we get pro IRA garbage heaved at us at certain games, other than that i think we should just not sing those type of songs and stick to the ones we have been in recent home games, football songs you might say :)

I don't agree.

Our pro Ulster is also pro British and for me is part of us as a support so the sash,Build my gallows(which incidently is our best at the mo) and the cry stays where it is,as the backbone of our singing.

:uk: penny arcade is the new billy boys ? its just what we have been crying out for an anthem that we can sing loud and proud without anyone accusing us of singing sectarian songs. i have said all along that the tide would turn and that we would have the last laugh for he who laughs last laughs the longest.we welcome the chase. w.a.t.p

I think we might be jumping the gun here a little.

I agree it's been great the last couple of weeks but we will need it to sustain it for a sizeable period before we can pat ourselves on the back.