Brentford Want David Weir For Manager?

Broxi

We can still squeeze 3 years out of Davie yet biggrin.gif

Seriously though he can still play at a decent level, hell if Caldwell can play for Wigan big Davie could play for anyone.

I think Brentfords not the right job for Sir David

We can still squeeze 3 years out of Davie yet biggrin.gif

Seriously though he can still play at a decent level, hell if Caldwell can play for Wigan big Davie could play for anyone.

I think Brentfords not the right job for Sir David

i completely agree, i think he could easily get a game for half decent SPL side (ie. hibs, motherwell etc.)

tbh he could carry on for us , hes been fantastic the last 9-10 games , Hes been an incredible captain over the last couple years but should bow out with sir walter so our memories of him are good ones . I hope your succesfull enough to merit a return to ibrox one day as manager . No surrender davie weir

Take the job Davie, then take some of our youngsters on loan for some experience :D

Don't see it right enough, he will be wanting a bit of a rest with family when he gives the footy up before going into day to day managing or coaching

Derek McInnes is to remain as St Johnstone manager after turning down an offer from npower League One side Brentford.

McInnes confirmed this week that he had spoken to Brentford about the vacancy created when Andy Scott departed Griffin Park in February.

But the 39-year-old former Rangers and Dundee United midfielder has now rejected the opportunity to take permaADVERTISEMENT

nent charge.

A statement on the St Johnstone official website said: "Derek McInnes has this afternoon spoken to chairman Geoff Brown and advised him that he has formally turned down the opportunity to move to Brentford FC.

"Everyone at the club is delighted with this news and hopes that it now allows the speculation over the manager to cease and for preparations for next season to press ahead."

McInnes, 39, has been in charge at McDiarmid Park since 2007 and has been linked in the past with vacant managerial posts at Watford and another of his former clubs, West Bromwich Albion.

Saints chairman Geoff Brown had previously said he did not believe Brentford was the right move for McInnes, and he has succeeded in holding on to his man despite the English club offering a bigger spending budget and apparently being ready to offer an appropriate sum in compensation to get their man.

It emerged yesterday that Brentford were also interested in Rangers skipper David Weir becoming the club's manager.

Former Everton defender Weir has his Uefa A & B coaching badges and began his Pro Licence course in January.

The 41-year-old was said to have been interviewed for the vacancy in March. Brentford's board - their chairman, Greg Dyke, is a former director general of the BBC - is said to have been impressed by Weir's presentation, but it appears that Weir would prefer to continue as a player instead of going into management at the moment.

still no quotes, but a bigger article of it

I seen that mate the other day but when i didnt see any quotes i dismissed it and didnt even think it was worth mentioning. Seems like 2+2=5 from a lazy jhourno.

(tu)

there's about a dozen or so papers reporting it but none have quotes, dont know what to think, everton seems more likely to me as a coach but who knows