Rangers player

pedrosio

Have you ever played football with a rangers player?

About 5 years ago I played 20mins of 5's with Franny Jeffers his wee cousin plays for my amature team at the time in Erskine.

Guess whit, he didn't score !!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant story from another Thread

I was on the pre season tour that year to Germany.

Had a scan through the pictures and the only signings that I have photo's off were Avi Cohen, Colin West and Chris Woods. Davie Cooper was there, as was Bobby Russell. Got a ticket for the second match signed by the entire squad so I'll need to dig it out and see who was on it. Walter was there too!

Best part of the tour was that there were so few of us, the germans in a wee place called Battenburg let a few of us go on the pitch at half price and had a kick about with the subs. Was passing the ball about with Cohen and Russell for a bit - which is as close to professional football as I'll ever get.

Souness also came up to a wee group of us in the bar after one of the games. Thanked everyone and then dropped about £100 in german marks on the table, and told us to have a good night.

Brilliant tour, and was surreal to have Souness there, and him telling us that he had just signed Terry Butcher!

Played in the Scotland youth team with Mark brown, bob malcolm, Maurice Ross

Played against rangers many times when I was younger

Best out the lot at that age was Michael Stewart, unbelievable

He ended up going to old trafford at that age and no wonder, stood out a mile

PLayed with stevie Thompson with renfrew waverley when we were younger. Barry lavety that played with st.mirren and hibs played there for a bit too, mind him, got caught taking swedgers and speed, chucked football to become a junkie

Not a player but manager! McLeish. I was aboot 7 and he was still playing fr Aberdeen at the time. Ma dad's work's BBQ had paid him to make a wee appearance. I made him take shots at me in goal, thinking I was a young Andy Goram :)

Was playing a game of 7s with a few pals and boys from their work and Jig was there watching his cousin or some pish. Tried to get him to play but he couldn't because of insurance purposes, which is fair play as there was a fair few taigs on the pitch.

Played football with Davie Clarkson who used to play for Motherwell and he was streets ahead of anyone on the park, ball just stuck to him.

Going back a good bit--there was an old rangers player of the sixties called Davie provan--he was visiting his girlfriend in the wee northern ireland village tht my mum hailed from. Davie Provan was as close to a celebrity as they had seen in those prts and davie to be true, really did his bit for the reputation of Rangers. He was a credit to the club, playing football with the kids,including me, holding kids. none of you will remember him I bet, but what a guy.

played football and got quite pally with Charlie Adam, when he was still shite, about 3 years ago when I worked in the Cally bar in Tenerife. He knew all the management who are Rangers daft so he was in every night with his bird!

I pumped the bird that worked there in the birds toilet, Claire ( blonde geordie bird)

Charlie Miller came to our primary school for a football lesson thingy. Got to pass it a few times to him. Nearly pished my pants from sheer excitement. Was one of my first times seeing a Gers player in the flesh.

Going back a good bit--there was an old rangers player of the sixties called Davie provan--he was visiting his girlfriend in the wee northern ireland village tht my mum hailed from. Davie Provan was as close to a celebrity as they had seen in those prts and davie to be true, really did his bit for the reputation of Rangers. He was a credit to the club, playing football with the kids,including me, holding kids. none of you will remember him I bet, but what a guy.

I remember Dundee Utd signed a young Dane/Swede called Finn Dossing and played him immediately against Rangers in a mid week match at Ibrox.He got the ball early and big Davie dumped him on the running track.Welcome to Scotland.Should've seen the look on his face.That dirty twat bertie auld did big Davie with an over the top late tackle and broke his leg.He used to be a regular at Ibrox.Dont know if he still is.

I played with Charlie Miller and Barry Ferguson when I was 14 ... for Glasgow School Boys ... does his count?

Bs. They wouldn't have been same age group