Gregg Wylde > Vladimir Weiss

simon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wylde of the leffffft, Weiss on the riiiiiiight (tu)

This (tu)

I would love to see the wee man on the right for the gers. Aye they have a bit of inconsistancy, but give him a chance over there, frightning having them on the wings.

I actually agree, both players can be direct, beat a man and get a cross in.

The difference for me is that Wylde plays with his head up and has better decision making.

However, I think Weiss could actually become the better of the two.

Almost seems like a fishing attempt how way off this is!

I personally think that Wylde's delivery is awful at times, something that you said was good <cr>

Wylde appears to be running faster than he does if that makes sense. Weiss is quicker, more technically gifted and on his day, entirely unplayable. When he plays well, he runs riot and sticks out. When wylde has a good game, he is decent at best.

I couldn't disagree more. The only game I can think where Weiss was unplayable was Motherwell away 4-1? I think that was it, he was immense that day apart from that he has played well and has had flashes of brilliance.

Wylde came in played well, got dropped, came back in and since then has been terrific for the team. His assists have been game changers.

I am not attempting to say one or the other, I am just saying I prefer Wylde. I think he is suited to our team, where Weiss is more of an individual.

Not fishing, just sparking discussion. Discussion is good.

I think Wylde is pretty predictable with his runs, 99 times out of 100 he will go outside, whereas Weiss can conjure a moment of magic.

I would like to see how the team worked with Wylde on the left, Weiss in the middle and Naismith on the right, behind a front two of Jelavic and Goodwillie obviously...

I am not comparing them in the same position. I mean as wingers.

I would like to see assists stats. Wylde has been magnificent in the run in for assists.

For me Wylde is the better player. Tricks and flicks are nice to watch but the end product is what matters and Wylde has that where Weiss struggles.

I think Weiss was topping the spl assist chart not that long ago. Remarkable since he hasnt played that many games for us (at least full ones anyway). Weiss has the most potential I have seen from any youngster at Ibrox in a long while.

They are both good players.

Wylde is your more structured Left sided player. Works Hard, Gives the team width, Produces a good product going forward and helps cover defense well.

Weiss plays the left in a more non-structured way. Will drift inside a lot. Has greater flair a more of a goal thread. Can get caught out in the defense side.

Both have pro/cons. Both are young and will improve. Only Wylde is a Rangers player at this time and he will get all my support. I would love weiss back if possible.

I think Weiss was topping the spl assist chart not that long ago. Remarkable since he hasnt played that many games for us (at least full ones anyway). Weiss has the most potential I have seen from any youngster at Ibrox in a long while.

I see that and raise you a Jamie Ness.

A midfield of Davis and 3 wingers? Behave

naismiths not a winger though he's a striker/attacking mid so play him in midfield but in an attacking role

like:

..'.

dont know how to type it better than that :lol:

EDIT: looks ever worse in the post doh:lol:

I think we really need to see Weiss on the right. I remember a couple of times he crossed the ball in from the left using the outside of his right foot - wonderful technique and I imagine on the right he would be brilliant for us!

I think Wylde has came on leaps and bounds in the past few weeks but his delivery (set pieces aside) is pretty bad!

Against Hearts the other week he never once found our player and the one goal he did assist took a deflection off that Obua guy...

Weiss is a top class player, has shone at the World Cup, plays regular international football!

Wylde has went up in my estimations in the run in but to say hes better than Wylde is waaay wide of the mark.

I think Wylde has came on leaps and bounds in the past few weeks but his delivery (set pieces aside) is pretty bad!

Against Hearts the other week he never once found our player and the one goal he did assist took a deflection off that Obua guy...

Weiss is a top class player, has shone at the World Cup, plays regular international football!

Wylde has went up in my estimations in the run in but to say hes better than Weiss is waaay wide of the mark.

Fixed