Papac wants to stay!

lgr1991

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110515/impossible-is-nothing_2254024_2360588

SASA PAPAC says nothing was impossible for Rangers this season because of the man at the helm, Walter Smith.

The Bosnian fullback's contract expires in the summer and after seeing so many players leave in recent seasons the defender was concerned about his side's chances this season.

But after clinching another domestic double the popular No.5 admits that he should have known that with Smith in charge anything was achievable.

He said: "This is a great day. I couldn't believe we could win with the size of the squad this season but with Walter Smith as manager anything is possible.

"It's possible to win three-in-a-row, it's possible to reach a UEFA Cup Final and it's possible to win a cup with nine men when he is in charge.

"I can only say thank you to Walter Smith for everything he has done in the last four years.

"He is such an experienced coach and he knows everything about this club and you can learn so much from him in just one season so I am so happy that I have worked with him for four and a half years."

Smith will now leave Ibrox, but Papac is eager to stay as part of the club he has grown to love over five years in Glasgow.

The dependable left back admits he is now a supporter of the club, but is desperate to remain as a player too, and not just a fan.

He said: "I have to say I am not just a player for Rangers now, I am a supporter as well. I have had a beautiful five years in Glasgow and with this club.

"I hope I can sign another contract too because I have given everything to the club for five years and now I have eight trophies as a reward.

"We are still in talks with Rangers so we will see what will happen in the next couple of days, and I hope I can stay."

Papac :praise:

Sign him up, he desrves a new contract after everthing hes done for us these past few years and that tribute to Walter was just perfect.

"It's possible to win three-in-a-row, it's possible to reach a UEFA Cup Final and it's possible to win a cup with nine men when he is in charge."

Great quote, really hope he's given a contract. :crabflute:

God Bless the Papac! This would be fantastic news if he signed.

One of our most undervalued players - he deserves a new contract.

I say we keep the same back four and goalkeeper until they all keel over with old age.

Tie him down on a very very very long and very very rewarding contract! :happy:

Left Back is one of the hardest positions to fill on any team.

How many times have we been selecting our dream teams, and the one position we can never quite decide on is the LB slot? :P