What next for Lafferty?

Davy

15 goals this season and you'd sell him for £1.5 million? Behave

£1.5 million - £2 million ? Fucking absolutely !

I don't trust Kyle Lafferty to be as consistent through a whole season as he always seems to be towards the end :rolleyes:

Bring in Goodwillie, a far better, consistent player in a much poorer, inconsistent team, imagine what he could do in a better team with better service ?

Get him signed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we should sell him.

I just hope he can keep up the end of season form he does and uses it over the course of a full season. There is a good footballer in there.

:rolleyes:

So because he has been on a good run over the last two months he deserves to stay?

Done next to nothing since he signed bar at the end of the season, inconsistent and not good enough. Only a fool would knocked back a good return for Kyle.

He's turned a corner mate, far better than he once was.

Only a fool couldn't see that.

Give the lad another chance, he starts playing shite again, then we'll know he's just not up to it.

Don't disagree that this has been his best season, I stated that in the players rating thread.

My problem is he has been with the club for three season's and not consistently put in good enough performances week in week out outside the final few weeks of the season. If he could keep that form up he would be worth keeping.

Can't you see why many people would rather we got a good return to invest elsewhere due to his inconsistency?

Would love for big Kyle to prove me wrong mate (tu)

I know man but your saying sell him. Can't exactly keep his form going if you do that.

Everyone should give him one last chance. Thankfully, I think McCoist is going to do that.

Don't disagree that this has been his best season, I stated that in the players rating thread.

My problem is he has been with the club for three season's and not consistently put in good enough performances week in week out outside the final few weeks of the season. If he could keep that form up he would be worth keeping.

Can't you see why many people would rather we got a good return to invest elsewhere due to his inconsistency?

Would love for big Kyle to prove me wrong mate (tu)

I'd be happier if he was more consistent, but ultimately it comes down to winning titles and his performances have done that for us in the last 3 seasons.

Fuck me just because we've got some money now!

Not one person has mentioned Naismith who IMO can be just as good as Jelaivc and at the end of the day every player needs a good run in the team to get their confidence up, just look at Rooney (how long'd he go without a goal!)

We dont need to be spending money on positions we have good players for, both Naismith and Lafferty were brought in when we had money to spend, so they were obviously good enough to justify money being spent on them. Fair dos, wee Gregg got his chance this year along with Ness and last year Wilson who was stolen off us, lets use Murray park for the reason it was built.

Next year in the starting 11 should be Mcgregor, Papac, Whittaker, Bougie, Cuellar, Wylde, Davis, (new signing), Naismith, Lafferty and Jelavic with hopefully Bartley and Weiss back on loan.

The only person we should consider letting go is Edu and FFS give big davie a rest (maybe once every two games :) )

I'd keep him, definately.

Its a small squad and i wouldnt be looking to get rid of a few of them. Am i the only person who thinks having a player who can produce at the business end of the season a good thing <cr>.

Lafferty's taken a lot of shite since he moved here but one thing anyone cant deny him is that he's played a vital part in the last 3 seasons after the split and has definately helped us to the championship. I just hope he can perform consistently for the other parts of the season, his best year at Rangers so far !

Did say sell him if we received £1.5-2 million, which I find acceptable considering what he was purchased for and produced in three years at our club.

Ally seems to rate him, so I fully expect Kyle to stay next season.

There's no way Lafferty's value has decreased by over £2 million during his time at Rangers

It's not like he was absolutely sensational for Burnley

Kyle Lafferty is a natural finisher IMO. I have said it all along. He s not a striker who will get 20+ goals every season and have a 1 in 2 ratio but he knows how to finish.

I said in an earlier thread that we should play him as a first choice player every game. A player who will gladly cover every blade of grass in every game for us. David Goodwillie can stay in Dundee for me. If we need another goalscorer up front then put a strong and pacey midfielder in place and move Naisey in just behind Laff and Jela. Big Kyle will be our new Attila. It will be very interesting to see what Coisty does when Ness is back to full fitness.

It is amazing what turning up towards the end of the season can do for you judging by some of these comments.

getting a chance to play in his natural position you mean (tu)

It is amazing what turning up towards the end of the season can do for you judging by some of these comments.

I have said he was a natural finsiher all along. A few others share the same viewpont.

Even during the 2008/09 season where he was woeful at times I stuck by my comment.

I have said he was a natural finsiher all along. A few others share the same viewpont.

Even during the 2008/09 season where he was woeful at times I stuck by my comment.

Fair enough, I wasn't talking about you in particular...

I honestly never thought I would say this but I'd give him a chance to start the season up front.

Its no coincidence that come the end of the season he gets played upfront and comes up with the goods.

I think Ally will give him the chance to start the season upfront. If Ally is not intending on doing this and intends on playing him out wide then we'd be better off selling him.

So he's never had a chance to play up front before now ? Never ?

did i say that? no. all im saying is give the man a run in his favoured position. There was far too many people shooting him down throughout the season and getting on his back when he was being played out wide. Give him a run upfront (tu)

did i say that? no. all im saying is give the man a run in his favoured position. There was far too many people shooting him down throughout the season and getting on his back when he was being played out wide. Give him a run upfront (tu)

He got a run up front during the 09/10 season when both Miller and Boyd were out injured and was use to absolutely no one, and even when Miller left us in January he was up front for a good while getting a chance and was gash.

Talk about bias fuck sake...

Opinions should be formed by relevance, not by what you thought about a player 2 months ago

Far too many supporters make a judgement on a player and refuse to ever budge on it because they think it makes them look weak

Yes Lafferty looked poor. But he doesn't right now