What next for Lafferty?

Davy

He got a run up front during the 09/10 season when both Miller and Boyd were out injured and was use to absolutely no one, and even when Miller left us in January he was up front for a good while getting a chance and was gash.

Talk about bias fuck sake...

haha during the 09/10 season...were in 2011 now mate....people can develop. After miller left he was given the odd game upfront...not a RUN. to me the man thrives on confidence...i.e giving him a run upfront scoring goals. just like he's showed. i say thank you kyle. and fuck all your haters

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions should be formed by relevance, not by what you thought about a player 2 months ago

Really ? So we'll forget that Lafferty does absolutely fuck all through pretty much a whole season until the end, and then repeats, and then repeats just because its not relevant at this moment in time ?

My arse. Lafferty's inconsistency is something that we should seriously be thinking about right now, especially if we're talking about new strikers joining the club.

Again, it's amazing what performing at the end of the season can do for you...

haha during the 09/10 season...were in 2011 now mate....people can develop. After miller left he was given the odd game upfront...not a RUN. to me the man thrives on confidence...i.e giving him a run upfront scoring goals. just like he's showed. i say thank you kyle. and fuck all your haters

Fuck sake :lol: You claimed he wasn't playing well because he never got a run in his favourite position and then when I pointed out the fact he has had a run in his favourtie position you dismiss it because of when it was ?

What a retard.

Fuck sake :lol: You claimed he wasn't playing well because he never got a run in his favourite position and then when I pointed out the fact he has had a run in his favourtie position you dismiss it because of when it was ?

What a retard.

when did i say he wasnt playing well?

Opinions should be formed by relevance, not by what you thought about a player 2 months ago

Far too many supporters make a judgement on a player and refuse to ever budge on it because they think it makes them look weak

Yes Lafferty looked poor. But he doesn't right now

Well I'm not one of them, if Lafferty keeps his form up then great I'll be his biggest fan, it happened with Naismith.

Yes Lafferty looked poor, he doesn't now, fair enough, but do we dismiss his history because off his usual "show up at the last 5-6 games of the season" form ?

I think that would be an incredibly stupid thing to do.

when did i say he wasnt playing well?

Maybe you didn't actually say it, but when I made the clear quote above that "its amazing what performing during the last games of the season can do for you" you came back with "you mean getting a run in his favoured position", clearly implying that he wasn't performing due to him not getting a run up-front...

Its all up above :lol:.

Lafferty has talent, but like Naismith can be very inconsistent. Both these players need to mature a little more and bring their best game on a much more consistent basis.

Both will likely start next season, but I would definitely bring in at least one new striker and a true natural winger.

called me retarded...

"Opinions should be formed by relevance, not by what you thought about a player 2 months ago

Far too many supporters make a judgement on a player and refuse to ever budge on it because they think it makes them look weak

Yes Lafferty looked poor. But he doesn't right now"

then you said...

"Well I'm not one of them, if Lafferty keeps his form up then great I'll be his biggest fan, it happened with Naismith.

Yes Lafferty looked poor, he doesn't now, fair enough, but do we dismiss his history because off his usual "show up at the last 5-6 games of the season" form ?

I think that would be an incredibly stupid thing to do."

yet you said before...

"He got a run up front during the 09/10 season when both Miller and Boyd were out injured and was use to absolutely no one, and even when Miller left us in January he was up front for a good while getting a chance and was gash.

Talk about bias fuck sake..."

called me retarded...

"Opinions should be formed by relevance, not by what you thought about a player 2 months ago

Yes Lafferty looked poor. But he doesn't right now"

then you said...

"Well I'm not one of them, if Lafferty keeps his form up then great I'll be his biggest fan, it happened with Naismith.

I think that would be an incredibly stupid thing to do."

yet you said before...

"He got a run up front during the 09/10 season when both Miller and Boyd were out injured and was use to absolutely no one, and even when Miller left us in January he was up front for a good while getting a chance and was gash.

Talk about bias fuck sake..."

What exactly is the problem there ?

i dont know how to multi quote so its abit akward!

irwin said..

"Far too many supporters make a judgement on a player and refuse to ever budge on it because they think it makes them look weak"

after id said "all im saying is give the man a run in his favoured position. There was far too many people shooting him down throughout the season and getting on his back when he was being played out wide. Give him a run upfront"

you then said..."He got a run up front during the 09/10 season when both Miller and Boyd were out injured and was use to absolutely no one, and even when Miller left us in January he was up front for a good while getting a chance and was gash."

look at irwins quote then read your comment

Kyle Lafferty is a natural finisher IMO. I have said it all along. He s not a striker who will get 20+ goals every season and have a 1 in 2 ratio but he knows how to finish.

Apologies if I've got you mixed up with someone else here but were you not always saying in the match threads about how it takes Lafferty 15 shots just to get one on target? I'm sure I've saw you say that a few times this season.

i dont know how to multi quote so its abit akward!

irwin said..

"Far too many supporters make a judgement on a player and refuse to ever budge on it because they think it makes them look weak"

after id said "all im saying is give the man a run in his favoured position. There was far too many people shooting him down throughout the season and getting on his back when he was being played out wide. Give him a run upfront"

you then said..."He got a run up front during the 09/10 season when both Miller and Boyd were out injured and was use to absolutely no one, and even when Miller left us in January he was up front for a good while getting a chance and was gash."

look at irwins quote then read your comment

I honest to fucking God do not know what you're trying to say here...

Apologies if I've got you mixed up with someone else here but were you not always saying in the match threads about how it takes Lafferty 15 shots just to get one on target? I'm sure I've saw you say that a few times this season.

What I meant there was when he tries to burst the ball it usually takes him 15 shots.

But when it comes to out and out finishing (I mean one on one with the keeper and passing the ball into the net) he is one of the best finishers we have. He has shown that he can pass the ball into the net with ease and composure.

It sounds strange and as if I am contradicting myself but he it's a hard one to explain.

What I meant there was when he tries to burst the ball it usually takes him 15 shots.

But when it comes to out and out finishing (I mean one on one with the keeper and passing the ball into the net) he is one of the best finishers we have. He has shown that he can pass the ball into the net with ease and composure.

It sounds strange and as if I am contradicting myself but it's a hard one to explain.

Aye a think get what you mean lol, seems to happen when he's having a bad game and he just tries to smash them in from everywhere. When he's on form he's deadly one on one with the keeper, as you say he seems to just pass the ball in.

Provided he carries over even some of the form he has shown in the last two months then I would be happy to sign him on a new deal, but if he simply turns up for April-May again next year then we should get shot of him. For the record I have always thought there was a decent player in there, and I would love for him to succeed

Maybe Lafferty has finally turned the corner?

This has been said at the end of every season... and as soon as the season starts, he is back to his old ways; off form, inconsistent, injuries...

I'd say after the run in, where he scored some inportant goals and worked hard, he is due one more chance. If he fails to take it, then should be punted.

This has been said at the end of every season... and as soon as the season starts, he is back to his old ways; off form, inconsistent, injuries...

I'd say after the run in, where he scored some inportant goals and worked hard, he is due one more chance. If he fails to take it, then should be punted.

Too kind mate, too kind. I'd have him publicly flogged, Iranian stylie, and his family held at knifepoint each week until he scored.

Selling Lafferty now would be madness - we've persisted with him for three years through what has mostly been poor form and he's finally starting to show glimpses of becoming a good striker!!

I don't think we can say he has turned the corner but he has certainly done enough to be given another chance. He's never really had a shot at being a first choice striker for us, and since he has - his partnership with Jelavic has looked great.

Vindicated - No

Deserves another season - Yes

I am still not convinced but there is hope - 23 is relatively young but if he doesn't step up next season, then he should be gone.