Cristiano Ronaldo

Another 2 goals last night for Cristiano Ronaldo which takes his tally for the season to 38 in the league. Which matches the great Hugo Sanchez and Telmo Zarra's records. He has also scored 9 goals in his last 3 games! Outstanding. Is guaranteed to win the Pichichi and has scored 51 in all competitions.

Is he now underrated because of how good Messi is or is he rated correctly?

Also, he's not bad at free kicks. His goals from yesterday:

Not everyone will agree with me and it probably just down to people's taste but I would take Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Rooney before I'd take Ronaldo in my team.

He's probably now underrated by the media and people who don't like him (myself, for example) because of Messi but conversely he's overrated amongst his fans who continue to proclaim his supremecy in spite of the fact that he hasn't actually done much of note besides rack up personal stats for two seasons now. Copa Del Rey excepted.

His ability far outstrips his effectiveness when it really, really matters. Although a lot of that this season is probably down to Mourinho shackling him in big games. Which is absurd given the quality of the Madrid team. He should be allowed to run rampant.

He's probably now underrated by the media and people who don't like him (myself, for example) because of Messi but conversely he's overrated amongst his fans who continue to proclaim his supremecy in spite of the fact that he hasn't actually done much of note besides rack up personal stats for two seasons now. Copa Del Rey excepted.

His ability far outstrips his effectiveness when it really, really matters. Although a lot of that this season is probably down to Mourinho shackling him in big games. Which is absurd given the quality of the Madrid team. He should be allowed to run rampant.

I'd agree with that.

i think if messi wasn't around he'd be considered one of the greatest players ever, in the top 5 maybe. They have both scored roughly the same amount of goals and ronaldo has pretty much everything. Pace, shot, movement, heading, skill. Needs to cut out the diving big time

Ronaldo simply wouldn't be the player he is if it wasn't for Man Utd.

Man Utd seem to be able to turn frustrating showboating wingers into world class attackers. Not to mention the pace and power - I'd love to know what goes on in their Gym - look at Ronaldo before and after Man Utd - and they've done the same with Nani and Valencia.

Ronaldo simply wouldn't be the player he is if it wasn't for Man Utd.

Man Utd seem to be able to turn frustrating showboating wingers into world class attackers. Not to mention the pace and power - I'd love to know what goes on in their Gym - look at Ronaldo before and after Man Utd - and they've done the same with Nani and Valencia.

the difference is unreal

he needed to bulk up mind you, his first season in a man u jersey he was kicked about the place because he wanted time on the ball

imagine if he was to come back to england now :drool:

I've always thought of him as an odd one, if you actually watch him during a game he doesn't do much at all but will end up popping up with a goal or 2 or 3 or 4, its crazy tbh.

Nowhere near Messi's class though and he's underrated because he generally doesn't show up in the big games.

Another 2 goals last night for Cristiano Ronaldo which takes his tally for the season to 38 in the league. Which matches the great Hugo Sanchez and Telmo Zarra's records. He has also scored 9 goals in his last 3 games! Outstanding. Is guaranteed to win the Pichichi and has scored 51 in all competitions.

Is he now underrated because of how good Messi is or is he rated correctly?

Also, he's not bad at free kicks. His goals from yesterday:

I'd definitely say so, I've seen people on here not even put him in their top 10 players, which is insane imo considering his goal scoring record.

He's underrated because he's boring to watch compared to his Man Utd days

I'd say this has more to do with Mourinho's defensive style of play.