Beattie

markybear

Not sure how I feel about this

Taken from official app

By Andrew Dickson

JAMES BEATTIE has vowed to return to Rangers next season and win back his place in the team after his loan spell with Blackpool ends.

The striker was back in Scotland at the weekend to see his parent club win its third successive Clydesdale Bank Premier League title with a thumping 5-1 win at Kilmarnock.

Beattie signed for Gers last summer but paid for a lack of football in his final few months at previous club Stoke and struggled to build up his match sharpness.

He was farmed out to the Seasiders in January to help their bid to avoid relegation from the Premiership and they'll find out their fate at Manchester United this weekend.

But Beattie has only made five starts for the Bloomfield Road team and is eager to start afresh at the start of pre-season towards the end of next month.

He said: "I'm an easy guy to get along with and the players seemed to like me so it's just a pity that the football didn't go to plan with injuries.

"But I'll be back for pre-season training and trying my best to get in the team as we look to make it four in a row.

"I hadn't played much football for 12 months when I came at the start of the season but I wanted to play for the club and on days like Sunday you can see why.

"I wanted to do well for the fans and I'll be reporting for training on the first day and trying to get in the team.

"I'd love to get a run of 10 or 15 games and hopefully with the work I can do in pre-season I'll be able to do that."

Beattie enjoyed being north of the border again as he joined his team-mates for their championship celebrations.

And the former England star admits it was the perfect way for outgoing manager Walter Smith to bring his time at the club to an end.

Beattie added: "I wanted to be here for the title win so I asked the gaffer if it was all right and he wanted me to be there. All the lads had texted me to tell me to come up for it too.

"Winning the game the way we did was great but to then go back to Ibrox with all the fans to celebrate the title was a fitting send off for the gaffer."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players like Beattie and Diouf will want to stay as it will be their chance to play in the Champions League.

Am I correct in saying that neither have? We should get Beattie away asap but if Diouf will take a wage cut then I am happy for him to stay.

Players like Beattie and Diouf will want to stay as it will be their chance to play in the Champions League.

Am I correct in saying that neither have? We should get Beattie away asap but if Diouf will take a wage cut then I am happy for him to stay.

Diouf played for Liverpool did he not?

He's been getting the 'maybe if he gets a good pre season....' treatment for about 4 years now

He's finished and should be given a free transfer

If anyone will take him. No point in paying off his contract to release him

To be quite honest. If we get rid off Healy, bring in Goodwillie. Then we'll need the likes of Beattie etc for cover.

I want to see a Lafferty Jelavic partnership next season, bring in Goodwillie aswell though.

Bring in a quality CM. Sign up Weiss, and build a strong defense.

Would be like a new signing!

On a serious note, of course he wants to stay at The Rangers, he's not going to get the chance to play for a big club and win trophies. He is finished, injury-prone and I don't see where he would fit in. A player who should never have been signed.

He's under contract so we'd need to pay him a fair whack to walk away. Can't see that happening, tbh. We should let it be known we are open to offers for him and take a reasonable one if he is happy to sign for the other club. If he's still at Ibrox then he's entitled to fight for his place, is he not? No evidence yet he can cut it here, but you never know.