***The Suggestions Thread***

GHarvey

Keep All Suggestions In Here.

First Suggestion:

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

Liked the look of this boy when I watched the Eredivisie highlights on ESPN before he got injured. Showed what he could do against the beggars aswell.

Small and very quick, great finisher ... could be the perfect partner for Jelavic? The lad is only 22 and although we are much more stable cash wise, he could command a decent sell on fee too.

However not too sure how much Utrecht would want for him. Anyone any ideas? Wages I doubt would be a problem but he could be out of our reach budget wise.

Thoughts?

Great player but I think there will be a host of top clubs interested in him.

Thought that myself and I know its an old chestnut but maybe the persuasion of Champions League? I might be dreaming

Van Wolfswinkel and Jelavic :drool::drool:

We'd be fucking awesome in europe with those two.

I saw he was rated 4M a while ago, but then Spurs and Liverpool were interested... so that drove up the asking price...

But then he got a shoulder injury.. and they weren't interested any more...

So his price could be anything from £3-8M about now unfortunately.

If we could get him for £4M though... In a heartbeat!!!

Thought that myself and I know its an old chestnut but maybe the persuasion of Champions League? I might be dreaming

It is a great option to lure players with but sadly nowadays players would rather pick up a bigger wage with a mediocre English team than play in Europe.

He is a cracking player would be a brilliant signing who would enhance us and make us good profit not likely signing in my opinion it would capture fans imagination and would be some statement of intent from Craig Whyte.

It is a great option to lure players with but sadly nowadays players would rather pick up a bigger wage with a mediocre English team than play in Europe.

Nah mate, I feel the mediocre English team part only really applies to players that currently play in Britain. Players from countries like the Netherlands usually tend to go for Europe in hope that they'll get a transfer to a bigger club.

In most cases I think you're right mate but then we know that for European players we are most likely a stepping stone to the EPL. A season or so winning trophies and playing European football like Jelavic for example, then not standing in their way when an offer comes in could be win win for both parties

Heard rumours that Ajax fancy taking him on. They'll turn him into a top class player and make a fortune on him if they do.

Best we could do with him is tempt him with good wages and a possible premiership transfer. Good sell on value, but can't see it happening.

Nah mate, I feel the mediocre English team part only really applies to players that currently play in Britain. Players from countries like the Netherlands usually tend to go for Europe in hope that they'll get a transfer to a bigger club.

I see your points mate but it depends if the player is only after money or playing at the highest level. There are many who will happily pick up £40k+ a week and be fighting relegation in the EPL rather than picking up £20k a week and playing Champions League football and winning trophies. But as you said, it applies mostly with British players.

Great wee player this guy only seen him a few times but he ripped THEM apart which is all the better to get him but a doubt it big time, bigger clubs will be after this guy. But i would absolutely love to have him in the team :crabflute:

Scored against Celtic this year in Europe didn't he? Him and Jela upfront :praise:

Aye mate hat-trick!

Not usually one for wanting to sign players just because they scored against the tims but he's different class

I see your points mate but it depends if the player is only after money or playing at the highest level. There are many who will happily pick up £40k+ a week and be fighting relegation in the EPL rather than picking up £20k a week and playing Champions League football and winning trophies. But as you said, it applies mostly with British players.

I agree mate.

Typical British stubbornness to be honest:

"Alright, I've a choice between mega-bucks, or taking the low-road and aiming to be a football legend; earning mega-mega-bucks If I manage to grasp this opportunity... Fuck it, I'm milking this while it lasts, pay me in!" :uk: