Tomer Hemed

paul1964

161 games 30 goals

2010/2011 player of the year in israel

linked with a 1-2 million pound move with celtic.

Looks a cracking player hopefully we can nick one of there targets for a change :P Im sure Hemed could tempt him should his own move be completed (Y)

Cheers for the info... C'mon Ally this guy could be the proper no10 I've been crying out for. Great news that Hemed is looking more likely.

truly excited about this guy from the limited video ive seen he looks the biz - there is a guy on one of the tims sites that is based in israel and he is gutted that this guy is gonna sign for us.

Hes said 'Please Tomer! dont sign for them!'

One asked 'is he good?'

his reply

'Sure he is! Just wait and see if he sign for them :('

Can't see any videos as I'm in work at the moment but someone in work mentioned he wasn't the quickest, the quote actually was "as slow as a week in the jail".

Can anyone confirm?

Ally may be talking about transfer targets but is everyone he has mentioned not on loan or Bosman? I have not heard him name any playerwith a view to buying them(ok just remembered Cueller) . Now maybe this is because Whyte doesn't have any money :rolleyes: or that Ally does know what he is doing, trying to bring in these player in areas where we need cover and spending on a couple of quality players for the starting 11. :sherlock:

Someone started a thread on FF saying

Hemed deal in the balance

Guys, on Friday I posted details on the Hemed move through my contact who is close to the UK based agent handling this, Max Melzer

I have just had an update and the player is stalling over wage demands

A Spanish team has offered him £15,000 a week and Rangers offer comes to £10,000 a week in total with some add ons

This is not a certainty to happen - talks ongoing today but there will need to be movement on either side.

Rangers stance I'm told is they think it's a very good offer to a player untried out of Israel with just one cap, given that his team-mate last year (Kayal) came to the SPL for £7000 a week.

It's not dead yet, but looks like something will have to give.

Theres always someone trying to make it all doom and gloom, ally comes out and sticks his neck on the line by saying he should be signed tomorrow, and then someone starts a topic saying hes likely to go to spain haha only rangers fans.

Can't see any videos as I'm in work at the moment but someone in work mentioned he wasn't the quickest, the quote actually was "as slow as a week in the jail".

Can anyone confirm?

Thats what I have heard too, from what I have seen of him he seems to remind me of Boyd, maybe not the quickest but knows his way to goal. I'd hope that his attitude will be better than Boyds though.

Rangers hopes of signing Israeli international Tomer Hemed are today hanging in the balance.

SportTimes understands Ally McCoist’s bid to make Hemed his first signing could be scuppered by new interest from La Liga outfits Real Mallorca and Espanyol.

The Ibrox club held extensive talks with Hemed’s agent Max Meltzer yesterday and tabled an £8,000-per- week three-year deal. But the Spanish hijack counter offer is thought to be almost double that of Rangers’ package.

McCoist had hoped to lure 24-year-old Hemed to Scotland today for a tour of Ibrox and Murray Park, but Israeli sources have revealed that the player is refusing to leave Israel to discuss the deal which is a bottom line and not subject to add-ons.

Meltzer will continue talks with McCoist and owner Craig Whyte at Murray Park today.

But the SPL champs will have to significantly up their offer if they want to avoid losing Hemed to La Liga.

McCoist is also determined to bring Carlos Cuellar back, although that move is on hold while Aston Villa pursue former Gers boss Alex McLeish as their new manager.

He has also yet to hear whether Arsenal will allow defender Kyle Bartley to come on a season-long loan.

The Rangers manager admitted he has not spoken to former Ranger Danny Wilson over a similar return to Ibrox on loan from Liverpool.

McCoist said: “The situation at Aston Villa makes it difficult as regards Carlos.

“But Kyle is someone I am keen to get a hold off. Arsenal are in no rush to make a decision but we can’t afford to wait and wait with our season starting earlier. Danny Wilson is a player we’d obviously consider, but I haven’t spoken to any agents or Liverpool.”

The Rangers boss is also desperate to land midfielder Neil Danns from Crystal Palace.

But El-Hadji Diouf will not be returning to Rangers while Getafe’s Derek Boateng has priced himself out of an Ibrox move. Meanwhile, senior Rangers figures were irritated when it was wrongly claimed Whyte might mortgage off the next four years’ worth of Ibrox season-ticket income against a loan.

In fact, under the terms of his takeover, Whyte signed documents which guaranteed to the Stock Exchange that he would do no such thing.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/rangers-sweat-as-hemed-deal-stalls-1.1106930