Tomer Hemed

paul1964

We were told this on tuesday by every paper, now 48hrs has come and gone lets just add another 48hrs onto that. They will get it right, some day.

48hours till the next 48hours basically, Ally says he wants this done this weekend though so there maybe is some truth to this, for once :lol:

Got to say lads that I'm actually starting to love the 48 hrs thing!!! Its an ongoing joke we now have going in work. Anything that needs done - "should be done in about 48hrs mate"!! Brilliant!! ;)

Got to say lads that I'm actually starting to love the 48 hrs thing!!! Its an ongoing joke we now have going in work. Anything that needs done - "should be done in about 48hrs mate"!! Brilliant!! ;)

Lucky you, its doing my f*ckin' nut in :lol:

This was one of the things said in some newspapers in isreal.

"Hemed's five-year contract at Haifa expires this month and the player had not been offered an extension because he had been considered a flop"

That bit worries me, if Maccabi Haifa think he's a flop, why the fuck would we want him?

Has anyone at Rangers actually watched him? " McCoist said. "I've had some great reports on him. By all accounts he's a good lad, very professional. He has a good pedigree and a good attitude."

This says to me, he's not even seen him play, just listening to others. Look were that has got us. By listening to reports, we have signed shite like, Sebo, svensson, & Edu etc.

"Hemed's five-year contract at Haifa expires this month and the player had not been offered an extension because he had been considered a flop"

That bit worries me, if Maccabi Haifa think he's a flop, why the fuck would we want him?

Has anyone at Rangers actually watched him? " McCoist said. "I've had some great reports on him. By all accounts he's a good lad, very professional. He has a good pedigree and a good attitude."

This says to me, he's not even seen him play, just listening to others. Look were that has got us. By listening to reports, we have signed shite like, Sebo, svensson, & Edu etc.

:anguish:

The reports are from our scouts

I've not read anywhere that he was considered a flop. 17 goals and a regular starter last season is hardly flop material. I'm pretty sure he wants to move abroad and rejected any approach from Maccabi Haifa.

As for reports, what would be the point in hiring scouts if you didn't bother with what they said? We're not talking about someone just going "Here Ally! I've heard about this cracking striker. You should sign him". He will have been watched by our scouts who are trusted with the job of compiling reports on a player.

Tomer Hemed is close to agreeing terms with Rangers. The Maccabi Haifa striker, 24, is reportedly being offered a three-year contract at Ibrox worth between £7,000 to £8,000 a week.

However, we understand that no deal will be signed until Hemed receives his Polish passport, probably next week. Granting of the passport should be a formality because Hemed's mother was born in Poland but without EU citizenship.

Hemed made his international debut for Israel earlier this month but would not be eligible for a UK work permit.

Although Hemed is being tightlipped about the move to Scotland, recently-appointed Rangers boss Ally McCoist has made it clear he wants to sign the forward. "We'll talk to his agents over the next couple of days," McCoist said. "I've had some great reports on him. By all accounts he's a good lad, very professional. He has a good pedigree and a good attitude."

Hemed's five-year contract at Haifa expires this month and the player had not been offered an extension because he had been considered a flop.

Celtic's Israeli midfielder Beram Kayal has appointed Pini Zahavi as his new agent. Kayal has begun talks for an improved contract and has also been the subject of interest from Bolton and Sunderland.

Portsmouth defender Tal Ben Haim is reportedly suing the club for £1.4 million in unpaid wages but says he still wants to play at Fratton Park.

Betar Jerusalem manager Ronny Levi has been appointed manager of Steaua Bucharest and hopes to take midfielder Amit Ben Shushan with him to Romania.

Dror Kashtan, the former Israel boss, has replaced Eli Guttman at Hapoel Tel Aviv.

http://www.thejc.com/sport/sport-news/50357/haifa-hero-way

Tomer Hemed is close to agreeing terms with Rangers. The Maccabi Haifa striker, 24, is reportedly being offered a three-year contract at Ibrox worth between £7,000 to £8,000 a week.

However, we understand that no deal will be signed until Hemed receives his Polish passport, probably next week. Granting of the passport should be a formality because Hemed's mother was born in Poland but without EU citizenship.

Hemed made his international debut for Israel earlier this month but would not be eligible for a UK work permit.

Although Hemed is being tightlipped about the move to Scotland, recently-appointed Rangers boss Ally McCoist has made it clear he wants to sign the forward. "We'll talk to his agents over the next couple of days," McCoist said. "I've had some great reports on him. By all accounts he's a good lad, very professional. He has a good pedigree and a good attitude."

Hemed's five-year contract at Haifa expires this month and the player had not been offered an extension because he had been considered a flop.

Celtic's Israeli midfielder Beram Kayal has appointed Pini Zahavi as his new agent. Kayal has begun talks for an improved contract and has also been the subject of interest from Bolton and Sunderland.

Portsmouth defender Tal Ben Haim is reportedly suing the club for £1.4 million in unpaid wages but says he still wants to play at Fratton Park.

Betar Jerusalem manager Ronny Levi has been appointed manager of Steaua Bucharest and hopes to take midfielder Amit Ben Shushan with him to Romania.

Dror Kashtan, the former Israel boss, has replaced Eli Guttman at Hapoel Tel Aviv.

http://www.thejc.com/sport/sport-news/50357/haifa-hero-way

But at the same time they call him "Haifa hero".

I think what they mean is that he was previously considered a flop so they didn't offer him a new contract a year ago or something.

Hemed and Conway will be a good start to the summer signings. Both come free and are on very low wages. Rangers said they would bring in 5-6 players so let's hope the next 3-4 will be quality. If we could get rid of Beattie and Edu at the same time we'll be laughing.

I can't understand mccoist going on holiday in the middle of trying to tie up 3 players? Rangers website says he's gone on break

Because:

1 he has a mobile phone

2 he won't be the one agreeeing the contract details

If he has identified players, spoken to them and has been told the budget for them he can leave it to the bean counters to finalise.

Lets just trust the new owners and management. If we dont sign this guy its because Rangers dont see it as value for money (wages).

Its on the back of todays times. We wont be held to ransom over Hemed, Conway, and Danns. For me that shows theyre trying to be shrewd in signing players.

this flop thing is ridiculous, been their top scorer, got called up for Isreal due to his performances and the scouts have been very impressed. Their just bitter that he doesnt want to stay

He certainly isn't and wasn't a flop, that's for sure. For a few seasons now he was kept being loaned out to minor clubs because we had other options. In 09-10 he played for John Gregory's Ahi Nazereth and was pretty good although they were relegated. In 10-11 he was finally given a chance in Haifa's first team squad, but started the season on the bench for a couple of games until our 1st choice striker was injured. Then he got into the starting 11 for the rest of the season basically, playing superbly. Even when the other striker got back, our (dumb) manager moved Hemed to the right flank, but it didn't stop him from scoring... :rolleyes: He (and no.10 Refaelov who was mentioned here few pages back) was the reason why we eventually won the title. He will be missed, especially in the Champions League qualifiers.

The reason for his contract expiring is just bad management on our side. They didn't offer him an extension in the start of the season, and then when he found out about interest from teams in Europe, there was no chance he was going to sign an extension. The same happened at the end of last season with center back Dekel Keinan who moved on bosman to Blackpool (and then to Cardiff City in January). We lost few good millions with those two but I'm sure our boss wouldn't mind if we qualify for CL.

He certainly isn't and wasn't a flop, that's for sure. For a few seasons now he was kept being loaned out to minor clubs because we had other options. In 09-10 he played for John Gregory's Ahi Nazereth and was pretty good although they were relegated. In 10-11 he was finally given a chance in Haifa's first team squad, but started the season on the bench for a couple of games until our 1st choice striker was injured. Then he got into the starting 11 for the rest of the season basically, playing superbly. Even when the other striker got back, our (dumb) manager moved Hemed to the right flank, but it didn't stop him from scoring... :rolleyes: He (and no.10 Refaelov who was mentioned here few pages back) was the reason why we eventually won the title. He will be missed, especially in the Champions League qualifiers.

The reason for his contract expiring is just bad management on our side. They didn't offer him an extension in the start of the season, and then when he found out about interest from teams in Europe, there was no chance he was going to sign an extension. The same happened at the end of last season with center back Dekel Keinan who moved on bosman to Blackpool (and then to Cardiff City in January). We lost few good millions with those two but I'm sure our boss wouldn't mind if we qualify for CL.

Thanks for that friend, its good to see the Israeli's joining and giving us your opinions and information (tu) shalom aleikhem.

Here is the latest update on the matter from a generally reliable source (Hebrew):

http://sports.walla.co.il/?w=/7/1832680

It says basically that Hemed's reps are in Scotland trying to come to an agreement, but the delay is caused by a financial matter. It reports that the 8k per week mentioned as his wages as proposed by Rangers already INCLUDES various bonuses. The 8k will be paid in full if Hemed will play a certain amount of minutes, and if the team will achieve a certain amount of league points. That's what holding the deal from being sealed apparently, as Hemed's reps thought that 8k will be NET wage, and they believe that if he is to have a bad season, or Rangers will SURPRISINGLY have a bad season, he'll get as much as half of the 8k a week, so they're trying to sort this one out as soon as possible.