Tomer Hemed

paul1964

Healy hasn't signed fuck all. It was rumoured in a rhag that he might be offered a contract you mean? I heard his national coach suggesting it would be best if he left Rangers so he could get a game but that's about it.

Are you sure ?! I thought I read in RM last week that he did <cr>

If he had signed a contract it would have been on the official site, along with various other news outlets; Sky Sports, BBC...

Are you sure ?! I thought I read in RM last week that he did <cr>

He has been offered a new deal but is on holiday at the minute.

Whether he wants to sign again is another thing.

Firstly, When did I ever say I have never seen Hemed play?

I said Healy and Beattie are pish (which they are). Not that it matters in Healy's case as he's no longer contracted to Rangers. Beattie is just a complete joke of a player and probably Walter's worst signing since coming back to Rangers. Rather than spend money on 34 year old dud strikers who are injured, unfit and out of form I'd rather Rangers brought in up and coming players who are younger, fully fit, scoring goals and attracting attention from one of the biggest leagues in the world. (tu)

Your argument as to whether he was better than Lafferty,Healy and Beattie was based around the fact you said they were shit,then you said that he's the type of player we should be going for and mentioned where he's attracting attention from.

Nothing in there about his ability so maybe you see where I'm coming from with that.

Lafferty is shite? What a load of nonsense. What he must do is find the consistancy he seems to have in the last 2 months of every season and play like that through out the season. He is not pish!

He scores a variety of different goals and his relationship with Jelavic up top was devastating in the last 5 or 6 games!

Hopefully if we sign a striker with a bit of quality, wether it be Hemed or not, it may see Lafferty become more consistent through the season.Due to having a decent challenger for his team place. Him and Jelavic were devastating at the end of the season. Would love to see this form replicated for a whole season. This will be the first time he would be starting the season as first choice striker. Think he still needs to prove himself to the fans, Lafferty it's over to you!

Hopefully if we sign a striker with a bit of quality, wether it be Hemed or not, it may see Lafferty become more consistent through the season.Due to having a decent challenger for his team place. Him and Jelavic were devastating at the end of the season. Would love to see this form replicated for a whole season. This will be the first time he would be starting the season as first choice striker. Think he still needs to prove himself to the fans, Lafferty it's over to you!

Exactly my thoughts mate

I don't get this continuous stick Lafferty is getting.

Nobody can deny he has proven he has got what it takes.

He just needs to show it more often. Consistency next season and he will score 20 goals.

In the past, i've thought he was awful but I think he is coming of age and I'm looking forward to seeing Naisy providing him and Jela next season... could be devastating

He just needs to show it more often. Consistency next season and he will score 20 goals.

He has been a Rangers player 3 years

2 and a half of those 3 years he has been mince.

In the past, i've thought he was awful but I think he is coming of age and I'm looking forward to seeing Naisy providing him and Jela next season... could be devastating

15 goals I think this season, not bad considering the majority of games once again he was stuck out on the left or played as a loan front man with no support. The difference in his game really showed when paired up with a quality partner like Jelavic, depending on pre-season form I see no reason why we can't go into the new campain with those two as our first choice partnership, unless someone markedly better (and affordable) becomes available.

As for this Hemed guy, never heard of him or seen him play. Looked him up and his overall goalscoring record doesnt look too impressive, outwith a hot steak throughout the latter stages of this campaign so not sure if he really would be any better an option for Lafferty. And as for an impressive YouTube video, well if someone posted one of Lafferty's finest moments for us I'm sure plenty posters would be clamouring to sign him.

However, in terms of squad numbers we do need another decent quality striker in there, so if McCoist thinks Hemed is the answer then I trust his judgement. Otherwise I won't be getting too upset if we miss out on him and hopefully there won't be an OTT outcry of despair on here if he does end up somewhere else.

Did you not read what I said?

I said in the past he has been awful and he is coming of age.

Why still get all the criticism if, even by your own admission, he has improved vastly in the last 6 months/year?

I was agreeing with your post, maybe I should have made that a bit clearer!

I was agreeing with your post, maybe I should have made that a bit clearer!

No mate sorry I was referring to the other guy. Must have fucked up when I tried to quote him (tu)

Wholeheartedly agree with your post (tu)

Lafferty is an odd mix of a confidence player and a big game player. We were lucky that we went into the last few games of the season with him high on confidence (and we have done of the last 3 years). There is a player in there and he has shown that. What I want is him to consistantly show that. Can he do it? I'm unsure. I'd like to have another option for when he doesn't do it on the park.

Pretty much sums it up.

A confident Lafferty proves almost impossible to keep off the scoresheet.

Too much of the season spent with his finger up his arse though, so we would need an insurance policy, just in case.

Personally I think Lafferty will turn good this year.

I certainly hope so, because he'd be a £5 Million player if he did.

Too much of the season spent with his finger up his arse though, so we would need an insurance policy, just in case.

Or in a splint after falling off the bus

:lol: What a tool

I concur that this could finally be his season. But I have been thinking that for the last 2 seasons as well.