Barry Ferguson

What next for Barry? At 33 he's coming towards the end of his career and can't really see him doing a Davie Weir.

I can't for the life of me see him wanting to play in the Championship, so what next for him?

I think he may retire or go to a mid-table side.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see him playing in the Championship, but at the same time I can't think of any Premier League sides wanting him apart from maybe QPR, Norwich and the other side set to come up from the Play-Offs.

He definitely won't be returning to Scotland any time soon.

Retirement seems a major possibility.

If Alex Mcleish stays I think Barry might as well, be an excellent experienced signing for any of the teams in the bottom half of the Premiership. Particularly the promoted sides.

ferguson may well have an excellent season in the championship

we are dismissing that league as if it isnt good enough for fergie, when it can be argued that he spent his best years in the SPL

I don't mean it in that sense, the Championship is actually a very good league, as for your point about the SPL, he was captain of one of the biggest teams in the UK.

He might sign for a newly promoted team, follow McLeish if he leaves or go to the middle east to finish his career.

I can't see him playing in the Championship, but at the same time I can't think of any Premier League sides wanting him apart from maybe QPR, Norwich and the other side set to come up from the Play-Offs.

He definitely won't be returning to Scotland any time soon.

Retirement seems a major possibility.

I completely agree there, although he may go to the middle east to play, it's possible...

One man doesn't make a team.

But it's not like the whole Birmingham squad is shit and Ferguson is great, ala West Ham and Scott Parker

A few top notch performances from Barry Ferguson would've dragged them to safety

If he was as good as many claim/think he is, Birmingham wouldn't have been relegated

Did Ferguson pump your wife or something? You don't need much excuse to slaughter him. :rolleyes:

But it's not like the whole Birmingham squad is shit and Ferguson is great, ala West Ham and Scott Parker

A few top notch performances from Barry Ferguson would've dragged them to safety

No it wouldn't, one man does not make a team, one man cannot do the work of the rest of the team, a few 'top notch performances' from one player isn't going to help them massively, the rest of the team would need to do the same.