Barry Ferguson

Was gutted that Birmingham were relegated. McLeish is a top guy, and Barry is one of my fave ever Rangers players. Quite astonishing they never kicked on from their Carling cup win to get them away from the relegation zone, good luck to Barry and Eck in whatever they do now?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'll ever feel the same way about Barry after he said winning the Carling Cup was the best thing he has ever achieved.

Horrible and unnecessary comment which I can only hope he regrets. Felt a little bit of 'get it up you' today.

I don't think I'll ever feel the same way about Barry after he said winning the Carling Cup was the best thing he has ever achieved.

Horrible and unnecessary comment which I can only hope he regrets. Felt a little bit of 'get it up you' today.

If he was asked the question then I can completely understand why he said it, the fans would be raging if he said something along the lines of "Well I'd say... with Rangers was a bigger achievement", also would undermine the competition if you get me?

I don't think people took that in the context that he meant.

If he was asked the question then I can completely understand why he said it, the fans would be raging if he said something along the lines of "Well I'd say... with Rangers was a bigger achievement", also would undermine the competition if you get me?

"I've thought about it long and hard and I'd have to say this is my biggest achievement in the game. A few of my mates have asked me the question and I think this is the tops.

I've played in finals and won medals north of the border and if I'm honest, it's probably a bigger achievement than reaching the UEFA Cup Final too."

Part of his interview in the Daily Record.

I'm sorry but I will never forget this statement. No Rangers man would ever say something like this.

"I've thought about it long and hard and I'd have to say this is my biggest achievement in the game. A few of my mates have asked me the question and I think this is the tops.

I've played in finals and won medals north of the border and if I'm honest, it's probably a bigger achievement than reaching the UEFA Cup Final too."

Part of his interview in the Daily Record.

I'm sorry but I will never forget this statement. No Rangers man would ever say something like this.

Hes an Accies man. You are correct though, no Rangers man would ever say such a thing.

Why would he no want to play in the championship? He played in the SPL for years & years.

The championship is a hard league to win.

In the SPL he was playing for, and in spells was captain of Rangers, one of the biggest teams in the UK, often playing in the Champions league, not playing for Birmingham, in the Championship, playing in the Europa League.

Why would he no want to play in the championship? He played in the SPL for years & years.

The championship is a hard league to win.

Just don't think it'll be high up on his things to do before retirement list.

Another Premiership team, middle east/america or retirement for me.

Hes an Accies man. You are correct though, no Rangers man would ever say such a thing.

You talk one load of pish. I don't think I've ever seen you make a valid point. Think you are just on here to see how many folk you can wind up. You won't find many bigger Rangers men than Barry Ferguson.

You talk one load of pish. I don't think I've ever seen you make a valid point. Think you are just on here to see how many folk you can wind up. You won't find many bigger Rangers men than Barry Ferguson.

And yet he said this. I don't think so. Not a real Rangers man.

In fairness he's not going to come out and say: "I'm looking forward to it, but it's nothing on playing Queen of the South in a Scottish Cup final."

In fairness he's not going to come out and say: "I'm looking forward to it, but it's nothing on playing Queen of the South in a Scottish Cup final."

It was after he had won it that he said this.

You would think he would be more sympathetic to the fans of the club he played for for most of his career than a team he just joined. I don't think any Birmingham fans would have complained if he took the diplomatic approach:

Non-dickhead Ferguson: "It's wonderful winning the Carling Cup with Birmingham but I don't think many could argue winning the treble with your boyhood heroes is probably my greatest achievement."

Every brum fan/like minded person: "Fair enough mate, I respect you for saying that."

That's how it should have went.

You would think he would be more sympathetic to the fans of the club he played for for most of his career than a team he just joined. I don't think any Birmingham fans would have complained if he took the diplomatic approach:

Non-dickhead Ferguson: "It's wonderful winning the Carling Cup with Birmingham but I don't think many could argue winning the treble with your boyhood heroes is probably my greatest achievement."

Every brum fan/like minded person: "Fair enough mate, I respect you for saying that."

I agree with your summation on how it should have went, but I think that he's just made a poorly worded statement, whilst trying to sell himself to the Brum fans. I say that with tinted specs though, as he was my hero when I was growing up.

What a load of pish, oh well you got two wee cheer leaders out of it. :lol:

You can do stand up with material like that.

Yeah because he's going to think about how to word his interview so he doesn't offended some Rangers fans,who seem intent on acting like MOPEs at any given occasion, minutes after his current unfancied club upset the odds and win a cup final with a 90th minute goal.

Some people :rolleyes:

I guess you don't understand. If he was a real Rangers fan you wouldn't need to think about not offending us, you just wouldn't say it.

What about every other time any player has ever won something big, they usually get asked the question is this the best thing you have ever achieved.

99% of the time they say "well it's up there, i've had a great career etc", but no Barry needs to say "I've thought long and hard about it and I'd have to say it's my biggest achievement in the game.

Completely unnecessary. Unless he did actually mean it, which he obviously did.

We expect Rangers to win trophies and have runs in Europe as we are a massive club.

Birmingham don't win cups and couldn't find Europe on a map so he's right.

:lol: :lol: