Man U - have they no shame?

I had tears filling up at the corners of my eyes watching that poor guy walk out with the trophy on his prosthetic legs.

Absolutely horrible. I sat there thinking how lucky I was to be able to walk to the shop or even up the stairs. Small things like this open your eyes and change your attitude to life very quickly.

I had tears filling up at the corners of my eyes watching that poor guy walk out with the trophy on his prosthetic legs.

Absolutely horrible. I sat there thinking how lucky I was to be able to walk to the shop or even up the stairs. Small things like this open your eyes and change your attitude to life very quickly.

Poof.

I'm joking, your completely right. The fact that guy lost his eye, 2 legs and god knows what else, just to fight for our Country is :praise:

Certainly tugged at the heartstrings.

Poof.

I'm joking, your completely right. The fact that guy lost his eye, 2 legs and god knows what else, just to fight for our Country is :praise:

Certainly tugged at the heartstrings.

It wasn't the whole fighting for the country part that did it for me though...it's more the thought that his life has been affected forever and no matter how much he reflects on his decisions, he can never get away from it.

It's horrible. Och, meh.

Give us those chebs in your avatar, along with the beer.

It wasn't the whole fighting for the country part that did it for me though...it's more the thought that his life has been affected forever and no matter how much he reflects on his decisions, he can never get away from it.

It's horrible. Och, meh.

Give us those chebs in your avatar, along with the beer.

True, just that these lads know what they are letting themselves in for, but still do it. He wore his uniform with pride today no matter how much it has affected his life.

That shows alot about himself aswell. I'd be depressed to fuck !

Sorry, but they are mine.

... and some would have us believe that Man U = septic in England :rolleyes:

Tbf they do have a huge Oirish following who possibly didnt cheer the servicemen. There is always at least 2 or 3 Oirish tri-colours in full view at Old Trafford, im struggling to think of a time when i saw a union flag there on show for the world to see.

Tbf they do have a huge Oirish following who possibly didnt cheer the servicemen. There is always at least 2 or 3 Oirish tri-colours in full view at Old Trafford, im struggling to think of a time when i saw a union flag there on show for the world to see.

The have a huge 'Oirish' Following because they are a succesful team, remember, Rangers and Celtic also have huge followings from Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, although there are also other reasons than just being succesful, but if Rangers and Celtic were shite then the amount of support from Northern Ireland and the RoI would be alot smaller. Also, no other clubs in Great Britain have any sort of Britishness or even 'Oirishness' as Rangers or Celtic. Its not like Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City have hundred's of Union Flags or Tri-colours being flown, nor do they sing Pro-Unionist songs or Pro-IRA songs.

Also to say that every supporter of a British football team from RoI hates the British Army is a bit unfair, I'd say that most respect them and that there is a quite big number of Soldiers from the RoI in the British Army currently.

Anyway, Great move by Man United to do that. :uk:

Thought it was a great touch and Man Utd deserve alot of credit for doing it. I felt awful watching that poor guy carrying the trophy on, what a brave man

The have a huge 'Oirish' Following because they are a succesful team, remember, Rangers and Celtic also have huge followings from Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, although there are also other reasons than just being succesful, but if Rangers and Celtic were shite then the amount of support from Northern Ireland and the RoI would be alot smaller. Also, no other clubs in Great Britain have any sort of Britishness or even 'Oirishness' as Rangers or Celtic. Its not like Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City have hundred's of Union Flags or Tri-colours being flown, nor do they sing Pro-Unionist songs or Pro-IRA songs.

Also to say that every supporter of a British football team from RoI hates the British Army is a bit unfair, I'd say that most respect them and that there is a quite big number of Soldiers from the RoI in the British Army currently.

Anyway, Great move by Man United to do that. :uk:

Our roots, heritage, history is what earned us so much support from the Emerald Isle. Being successful helps to keep those fans interested.

I didnt say or claim any other club did have a Britishness or Oirishness like us or them.

There is a tri colour behind the goal and in the stand across from cameras in most grounds in the EPL, see them every week on Sky and MOTD, havnt noticed many if any Union flags. No one claimed there was hundreds on show.

"every supporter of a British football team from RoI hates the British Army" I didnt say that.

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make mate.

(tu)

There is a tri colour behind the goal and in the stand across from cameras in most grounds in the EPL, see them every week on Sky and MOTD, havnt noticed many if any Union flags. No one claimed there was hundreds on show.

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make mate.

(tu)

I think why the tri-colours are on show is similar to why people bring NI Flags to Rangers games. They are season ticket holders I assume and they just bring the flag of their country, hell they could be Irish ex-pat's who moved to Manchester.

The flag point, not many other clubs fanbases out side the Old Firm bring as many flags to their matches Rangers and Celtic do, and the point about hundreds of flags was a reference to the average OF match, each side have hundred's of flags because Rangers and Celtic both have a different Culture to all other British clubs.

I wasn't having a go at you btw, I just read your post as sugesting that Man United were the Celtic of England when its hard to tag that term to any club, just like its hard to call any team in England the Rangers of England, Chelsea who ofcourse have a bond with Rangers, also have tri-colours at their matches, I'd say there a very few teams in England's top flight who don't have Irish Supporters.

I think why the tri-colours are on show is similar to why people bring NI Flags to Rangers games. They are season ticket holders I assume and they just bring the flag of their country, hell they could be Irish ex-pat's who moved to Manchester.

The flag point, not many other clubs fanbases out side the Old Firm bring as many flags to their matches Rangers and Celtic do, and the point about hundreds of flags was a reference to the average OF match, each side have hundred's of flags because Rangers and Celtic both have a different Culture to all other British clubs.

I wasn't having a go at you btw, I just read your post as sugesting that Man United were the Celtic of England when its hard to tag that term to any club, just like its hard to call any team in England the Rangers of England, Chelsea who ofcourse have a bond with Rangers, also have tri-colours at their matches, I'd say there a very few teams in England's top flight who don't have Irish Supporters.

They could be mate, i dont know but i do know i see more tri-colours than union flags at EPL games.

It wasnt me who said that mate, someone else did, i think. (tu)

The Oirish have gone forth, they have multiplied and they have got their fingers in every nook'n'cranny in the UK.

(tu)