SPFA POTY awards.

Danny

Celtic trio Artur Boruc, Lee Naylor and Shunsuke Nakamura are up for the Scottish Professional Footballers' Association's player of the year award.

Aberdeen captain Russell Anderson makes up the shortlist of nominees, with the winner to be named on 22 April.

Celtic winger Aiden McGeady is in contention for the young player of the year prize.

His rivals are Hibs star Scott Brown, Rangers midfielder Charlie Adam and Kilmarnock forward Steven Naismith.

Dons skipper Anderson was honoured to have been nominated but pointed out that it is a team effort.

"While it's nice to be nominated for such a prestigious award, it's as much a reflection of how the team has performed this season," he told the Aberdeen website.

"That said, when it's your peers who are undertaking the voting it means that little bit more and naturally I am delighted."

Wasn't April 1st 2 weeks ago?

For all his shortcomings CA has an impressive goalscoring record for what is essentially his debut season.

He is a lazy donkey at times but he has won us games as well. Would rather he got it than that rat McTraitor.

In saying that I think Naismith will get it.

Question - 2 years in a row Kris Boyd has been overlooked even though he's been top-scorer by a mile.

Last year in particular, he was top scorer for 2 teams in one season and STILL wasn't on the shortlist.

Total disgrace.

Nakamura will win it quite rightly too - however after him Ferguson has been the best of the rest by a mile so Im surprised he hasnt been nominated. I expect him to get a nomination for the football writers award.

Disagree, Nakamura hasn't been THAT good.

If it was going to be a Celtic player, it would need to be Boruc. How many points has he saved them this year?

Nakamura goes missing in too many games.

Does anyone else notice the pro sellick style of that article, ra bhoys are up for the awards, oh yes and there's a few others to make up the numbers?
if they can avoid giving any awards to rangers players the will.

Christ these sort of comments piss me off, its the players who vote for this so it isnt a case of some mysterious 'they' trying to avoid giving out awards to us - Celtic dominated the awards so obviously the article is going to reflect that. Its daft comments like this that undermine genuine grievances when we really are given a raw deal. :angry:

Does anyone else notice the pro sellick style of that article, ra bhoys are up for the awards, oh yes and there's a few others to make up the numbers?

Christ these sort of comments piss me off, its the players who vote for this so it isnt a case of some mysterious 'they' trying to avoid giving out awards to us - Celtic dominated the awards so obviously the article is going to reflect that. Its daft comments like this that undermine genuine grievances when we really are given a raw deal. :angry:

So you don't agree that the article was slanted towards celtic?

This article?

Celtic trio Artur Boruc, Lee Naylor and Shunsuke Nakamura are up for the Scottish Professional Footballers' Association's player of the year award.

Aberdeen captain Russell Anderson makes up the shortlist of nominees, with the winner to be named on 22 April.

Celtic winger Aiden McGeady is in contention for the young player of the year prize.

His rivals are Hibs star Scott Brown, Rangers midfielder Charlie Adam and Kilmarnock forward Steven Naismith.

Dons skipper Anderson was honoured to have been nominated but pointed out that it is a team effort.

"While it's nice to be nominated for such a prestigious award, it's as much a reflection of how the team has performed this season," he told the Aberdeen website.

"That said, when it's your peers who are undertaking the voting it means that little bit more and naturally I am delighted."

If so, Celtic are mentioned only due to the players involved, 4.

And its an Aberdeen player who is interviewed....surely its slanted towards Aberdeen then?

Naylor <_< Yes he's been good but POTY material :no: I don't think so!

Realistically having three players on a shortlist for POTY is a bit ridicilous.

IMHO the shortlist should have been:

• Nakamura
  • Anderson
  • Hemdani
  • Boyd
  • Boruc

with Hemdani pushing Nakamura very very close. :pipeguy:

I also think that excluding Berra (Hearts) and Barr (Falkirk) is ridicilous. Scott Brown is only in there as a result of his performances in the second half of the season. In the first half of the season he wasn't that good and was even dropped for a decent spell (although that was not down to form)

Question - 2 years in a row Kris Boyd has been overlooked even though he's been top-scorer by a mile.

Last year in particular, he was top scorer for 2 teams in one season and STILL wasn't on the shortlist.

Total disgrace.

beacuse he's shite and doesn't deserve to be

this is for player of the year not top goal scorer

Total disgrace.

Bit harsh that considering you were responding to a Rangers fan and your comment on a trueblue Rangers player..

Mmmmmmmmm ????

SIRENS ! :pipeguy:

Naylor for me, has been a standout in that Celtic side, Naka is too inconsistent and gets hyped due to his free kicks, how many goals has he scored and set up compared to our very own Charlie Adam? Boruc got away with a lot of mistakes when Celtic were winnning games in the last minute. Naylor has been very consistent.

Total disgrace.

Bit harsh that considering you were responding to a Rangers fan and your comment on a trueblue Rangers player..

Mmmmmmmmm ????

forgot we're only allowed to criticise murray :rolleyes:

boyds work rate is terrible , yes he scores goals but that will never make him player of the year

Total disgrace.

Mmmmmmmmm ????

boyds work rate is terrible , yes he scores goals but that will never make him player of the year

Ok understood back to the subject

I couldnt give a flyin feck if a Rangers player is not nominated or wins it......its a load a pesh

To be perfectly honest I dont think any Rangers player deserves it this year anyway

Total disgrace.

Mmmmmmmmm ????

Ok understood back to the subject

I couldnt give a flyin feck if a Rangers player is not nominated or wins it......its a load a pesh

To be perfectly honest I dont think any Rangers player deserves it this year anyway

your right fish none of our players deserve it.