SPFA POTY awards.

Danny

Question - 2 years in a row Kris Boyd has been overlooked even though he's been top-scorer by a mile.

Last year in particular, he was top scorer for 2 teams in one season and STILL wasn't on the shortlist.

Total disgrace.

beacuse he's shite and doesn't deserve to be

this is for player of the year not top goal scorer

Bit harsh that considering you were responding to a Rangers fan and your comment on a trueblue Rangers player..

Mmmmmmmmm ????

SIRENS ! :pipeguy:

forgot we're only allowed to criticise murray :rolleyes:

boyds work rate is terrible , yes he scores goals but that will never make him player of the year

Ok understood back to the subject

I couldnt give a flyin feck if a Rangers player is not nominated or wins it......its a load a pesh

To be perfectly honest I dont think any Rangers player deserves it this year anyway

your right fish none of our players deserve it.

But then again some might feel Buffel deserves it...afterall he is highly talented and skilled

Ah feck it why not, give it to that wee ersehole he has taken everything else for doing hee haw

Nakamura will win it quite rightly too - however after him Ferguson has been the best of the rest by a mile so Im surprised he hasnt been nominated. I expect him to get a nomination for the football writers award.

Disagree, Nakamura hasn't been THAT good.

If it was going to be a Celtic player, it would need to be Boruc. How many points has he saved them this year?

Nakamura goes missing in too many games.

Have to agree with this. Maybe i just havent seen enough games with nakamura playing in them but to me he is very overated. Talented yes but doesnt show it enough. Hit 2 good free kicks against man utd but did nothing for the rest of those matches. Can hit a cracking free kick and can pass the ball well but then so could bob malcolm. Surely kris boyd must be the only top scorer in the spl not to be nominated over the past couple of years.

Does anyone else notice the pro sellick style of that article, ra bhoys are up for the awards, oh yes and there's a few others to make up the numbers?

Christ these sort of comments piss me off, its the players who vote for this so it isnt a case of some mysterious 'they' trying to avoid giving out awards to us - Celtic dominated the awards so obviously the article is going to reflect that. Its daft comments like this that undermine genuine grievances when we really are given a raw deal. :angry:

So you don't agree that the article was slanted towards celtic?

Having read it again I have to say I cant see how anyone could have interpreted this particular article as biased or slanted. Some people really need to read articles rather than the headline before commenting. doh

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/6548113.stm

Question - 2 years in a row Kris Boyd has been overlooked even though he's been top-scorer by a mile.

Last year in particular, he was top scorer for 2 teams in one season and STILL wasn't on the shortlist.

Total disgrace.

Cuz it's for PLAYER of the year, not goalscorer. No-one in their right mind can say Boyd is a great player, although he is a great goalscorer. Maybe in 10yrs time he'll have a chance. :Animation44:

Total disgrace.

Cuz it's for PLAYER of the year, not goalscorer. No-one in their right mind can say Boyd is a great player, although he is a great goalscorer. Maybe in 10yrs time he'll have a chance. :Animation44:

Hartson got it, he's no exactly a superb player.

for me Mcmanus a thought was unlucky not to be named he has had a good season and he would be 1of there players a would take off them. Hemdani has had a great season and should be in the shortlist aswell.

Young player of the year should be between Brown and Naismith but no doubt will be Mcgeady.

A wonder if this is the 1st time a foreigner will win the young player of the year :rolleyes:

McManus should be in there too but I think Boruc and Nakamur ahave been better over the course of the season.

Brown hasn't been that good all year though. he was dropped at one point because his performances were getting so badly affected by the speculation surronding his future. Naismith s the same he never kicked a ball all season hardly until that hatrick in the CIS Cup semi's but to be fair YPOTY is hard to judge as youngsters are often less consistant due to their age.

for me Mcmanus a thought was unlucky not to be named he has had a good season and he would be 1of there players a would take off them. Hemdani has had a great season and should be in the shortlist aswell.

Young player of the year should be between Brown and Naismith but no doubt will be Mcgeady.

A wonder if this is the 1st time a foreigner will win the young player of the year :rolleyes:

Been tracking non Rangers players eh and one of them plays for ra Shellik...interesting

Been tracking non Rangers players eh and one of them plays for ra Shellik...interesting

Yeah FISH very good i am a season ticket holder and missed 2games all season at Ibrox and been at every away game since the Dunfermline cup game :rolleyes: a hate Celtic but just happen to think that Mcmanus is a good defender and also think he has had a good season for them and is the kind of defender we need at the back hes tall, strong and very good in the air something which we sadly lacked this season until David Weir came in

missed 2games all season at Ibrox and been at every away game since the Dunfermline cup game

====

More than fidhyfella has been to in a few years i'd reckon (tu)

Dont worry about him, he spends his days, and most nights, accusing folk and making bigoted comments, you get used to him..like a bad smell :)

missed 2games all season at Ibrox and been at every away game since the Dunfermline cup game

====

Dont worry about him, he spends his days, and most nights, accusing folk and making bigoted comments, you get used to him..like a bad smell :)

He's not the only one who makes us sniff. Sniff.

Total disgrace.

I think the fact that he wasn't on it last year even though he was top scorer for TWO TEAMS speaks volumes for the people that select it.

For Hemdani not to be there is a joke. Nakamura is decent but vastly over-rated. Goes missing away from home.

I'd give it to Russel Anderson. Been quality right through-out the season, hardly mentioned and is one of the main reasons why Aberdeen were challenging for 2nd place this season. Been Mr. Consistant for 5-6 years now and deserves a move to a bigger club!

I'd take him at Ibrox.

I kno this is slightly off topic but i work part time at morissons(for beer money) and the simple minded sheep orientated trollies assistant was GLOATING about andersons POTY nomination! :huh:

I laughed and instead of questioning him bout his life i instead asked him what aberdeen had achieved in the last 20 years! After that he promptly went to empty the bins :craphead:

====

Good to see ye know where Im coming from...you will understand more than most

You have forgotten you gave away who you supported on the old BBC forum by saying...we are all orange barstewards, is that correct

Short memory indeed :lol:

As for the main award, what good reason is there for ommitting both Ferguson and Hemdani?

My thoughts exactly,I've watched every Rangers game this year,a few of Timmies and others,and Im convinced that there is no better player in Scotland than,Barry and Brahim(Im sure Briton will disagree with this fact though) :Animation44:

Total disgrace.

Bit harsh that considering you were responding to a Rangers fan and your comment on a trueblue Rangers player..

Mmmmmmmmm ????

boyds work rate is terrible , yes he scores goals but that will never make him player of the year

I couldnt give a flyin feck if a Rangers player is not nominated or wins it......its a load a pesh

To be perfectly honest I dont think any Rangers player deserves it this year anyway

Sad but true, Fish, I don't think any Rangers player could honestly step up and say they deserve to be called Player of the Year. As for young players, we've had some great output at times from Charlie Adam, but could you really expect the decision to overlook the number of times our team has been posted absent in games this season?

I just hope next year we have a team worthy of dominating this list. Then I'll worry about complaining about bias.

As Mr Keevins said....have you every walked away from a match with excitment over one player who has produced a special performance on numerous occasions and ts been worth talking about in the boozer or whatever after the match......Naw !!

None of us have so none of them deserve it :pipeguy:

As for the main award, what good reason is there for ommitting both Ferguson and Hemdani?

My thoughts exactly,I've watched every Rangers game this year,a few of Timmies and others,and Im convinced that there is no better player in Scotland than,Barry and Brahim(Im sure Briton will disagree with this fact though) :Animation44:

I may be wrong, but I believe Briton rates Barry very highly, but believes many of his fellow fans overate him. So, maybe he does still think Barry is the best in Scotland?

Total disgrace.

Mmmmmmmmm ????

Sad but true, Fish, I don't think any Rangers player could honestly step up and say they deserve to be called Player of the Year. As for young players, we've had some great output at times from Charlie Adam, but could you really expect the decision to overlook the number of times our team has been posted absent in games this season?

I just hope next year we have a team worthy of dominating this list. Then I'll worry about complaining about bias.

BArry I would agree with, even during the PLG tenure, Barry was excellent. Just excellent, week after week.

Hemdani has been very good, but had a spell in the first half of the season when he was in defence mainly that he struggled big time. For that reason I would leave him out of the top 5 but definitely I would put Bazza in the top 5 - without question

Put it doesnt matter, it is a players vote and maybe that fact says something more