John Sutton

5cotland

Skysports.com understands that Hearts are leading the chase for Motherwell striker John Sutton this summer.

The 27-year-old was the club's joint-leading scorer in SPL action this term, but is out of contract during the close season.

Heartsspacer.gif are thought to be the front-runners for the striker's signature, although there is also significant interest from England.

Rangersspacer.gif are also thought to be in the running while Celticspacer.gif boss Neil Lennonspacer.gif has previously labelled the striker as a 'good' player.

Suttonspacer.gif had put his future on hold until after Saturday's Scottish Cup final, a match that Stuart McCall'sspacer.gif side lost 3-0 to Celtic.

I really hope we do not make a move for him. If we are looking at a striker, we need someone who will perform in Europe.

his brother was a complete and utter unadulterated bawbag though

if i could take a swing at anycunt in the world he would be in my final 5 to choose from

Agreed.

Really liked him at Blackburn too. Never imagined how much I'd grow to loathe him.

realistically we should not be aiming for any striker in the SPL, lafferty and naismith are better than any thing else they have to offer. We should be looking for another Jelavic for our european ambitions, we have the money to spend £4 million on one player and in terms of goal return it would be worth it.