Kenny Wants to Come Home

I would take him back on a free and without overpaying on his contract, allowing us to still buy Goodwillie or someone of that promise. 4 forward options of Jelavic, Lafferty, Miller and Goodwillie (or similar) would see us well placed to retain our title.

Much better option than Diouf up front surely???

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with Boyd, I don't want him back.

His greed coulda cost us the League Title this season, along with all the lost income from the CL (assuming we qualify).

If I'm being honest, and he was 3/4 years younger than he is, I think he'd be a great partner for big Jela up front.

There has to be younger players out there can do the same job.

Let Ally move forward with his own team instead of bringing back guys who turned their backs on us for the money.

Goodwillie's a very good player, no doubt, but I don't think we should go anywhere near him until the rape allegations have been sorted out.

Just imagine we signed him and then he's found guilty, it would be an absolute nightmare for all of us.

Exactly, we need players to fill back pages not front. If Goodwillie can reach the ability that Kenny did, in his second spell at Rangers, he will do well for himself. Can't see it though don't rate him anywhere near good enough for Rangers, especially for ridiculous amounts of money like £2M

Im struggling to see Miller as greedy if he was really offered an absolutely shite deal, considering he was on the form of his life.

As someone said before, I dont really have a grudge against most people who have been moved on in recent years because our financial situation really didnt allow us to keep them.

How much ye think Boro would want for Thommo? :craphead:

Im struggling to see Miller as greedy if he was really offered an absolutely shite deal, considering he was on the form of his life.

As someone said before, I dont really have a grudge against most people who have been moved on in recent years because our financial situation really didnt allow us to keep them.

How much ye think Boro would want for Thommo? :craphead:

I don't blame anyone for chasing the money either, but when they want to come back when things don't work out, I don't think we should take them.

Miller left cos he wanted a 3 year deal - the club offered him 2.

He wanted the same money over 2 years as he would have made over the 3 years he wanted originally, and the club said no.

That's why we should be angry with Paul Murray & Co as they were apparently sitting on the money that coulda kept Miller at Rangers.

Instead, they kept schtum about it until Craig Whyte had almost completed his takeover of the club.

I don't blame anyone for chasing the money either, but when they want to come back when things don't work out, I don't think we should take them.

On the money honey.

Miller is a greedy, cunt of a guy. Still don't like him since my mate asked him to sign his top (which had Miller 18 on the back) two seasons ago, Miller looked at him and just turned his nose up and walked away. He's had his chance at us - twice, he's not getting a third time lucky, so he can fuck off. He almost cost us a title by going to play in Turkey. He's older now as well. Why bring back old players when we can sign better, younger players?

As with Boyd, I don't want him back.

His greed coulda cost us the League Title this season, along with all the lost income from the CL (assuming we qualify).

If I'm being honest, and he was 3/4 years younger than he is, I think he'd be a great partner for big Jela up front.

There has to be younger players out there can do the same job.

Let Ally move forward with his own team instead of bringing back guys who turned their backs on us for the money.

The club accepted a £650k bid in the summer for him that he knocked back. If he went for the money then, with Jelavic being out for so long, we wouldn't be champions again imo.

The club accepted a £650k bid in the summer for him that he knocked back. If he went for the money then, with Jelavic being out for so long, we wouldn't be champions again imo.

Canny argue wae that.....................................:angry:

Too many are still harbouring old grudges in my opinion and allowing their personal feelings towards Miller to cloud their judgement of what he can do for Rangers as a player.

The crux of the matter is this.... Kenny Miller was outstanding this season and if he came back there's nothing to suggest he can't go on from there.

Celtic would be shaking in their boots, and rightly so, at the thought of having to face Miller and Jelavic leading the Rangers attack.

So let's put all the politics to one side, whether you like him as a person or not matters not a jot, all that matters is what he can do for Rangers and we already know the answer to that one.

I can't see it happening if I'm being honest but would be delighted if he was Ally's first signing.

Regardless of why he left, money, contract, etc etc, we should not be signing players over 30 and paying them a top wage.

These types of players cannot improve, you could argue that they become poorer, have no future value and to date have rarely worked to our advantage.

Fresh thinking from our new owner, fresh thinking from our new board and fresh thinking for all future transfers.

Too many are still harbouring old grudges in my opinion and allowing their personal feelings towards Miller to cloud their judgement of what he can do for Rangers as a player.

The crux of the matter is this.... Kenny Miller was outstanding this season and if he came back there's nothing to suggest he can't go on from there.

Celtic would be shaking in their boots, and rightly so, at the thought of having to face Miller and Jelavic leading the Rangers attack.

So let's put all the politics to one side, whether you like him as a person or not matters not a jot, all that matters is what he can do for Rangers and we already know the answer to that one.

I can't see it happening if I'm being honest but would be delighted if he was Ally's first signing.

Nae wonder you keep getting fuckin banned fae here. :anguish:

He did a good job - we don't know if he'll do another good job.

He's 32 yo FFS.

There must be better options out there than a 32 yo.

If there's not, then I'm afraid the 1st thing Craig Whyte needs to do is look at our scouting system.

Regardless of why he left, money, contract, etc etc, we should not be signing players over 30 and paying them a top wage.

These types of players cannot improve, you could argue that they become poorer, have no future value and to date have rarely worked to our advantage.

Fresh thinking from our new owner, fresh thinking from our new board and fresh thinking for all future transfers.

We dont pay top wages.

These players can improve us though, we have younger guys working alongside them who can improve but they need experience next to them. Future value doesnt matter to us, we dont sign players to make profit on them anyway, we are hopeless at making profits on players and in Kennys case, not making a profit on him wouldnt matter, that is not why he would be signed. He is for the here and now.

Fresh thinking yes, but every top club needs experience, Kenny brings that in abundance, and also Celtic cannot handle him, they hate playing against him.

(tu)

He's 32 yo FFS.

If there's not, then I'm afraid the 1st thing Craig Whyte needs to do is look at our scouting system.

Miller is a proven performer in Scottish football. No matter how good your scouting you could end up with an expensive wash-out if going for an unknown quantity. As i said along with singing a young striker as well, i'd happily have him back. Guarantee of 20+ goals and would be ideal with a fully-fit Jela. Clearly if there are 10 other proven, international strikers on the market for free (or close), who are interested in moving to Scotland and within our wage budget then im all for looking at them.

I think he was forced out personally.

I agree to an extent, the banks wanted a sale, i personally think if Adam got a move and we got the 10% cut, i think that would have kept the banks at bay and kept Miller. Dont get why theres so many haters on here, his goals helped in 3 in a row!!! and also, its a common theme footballers look for a final pay day, not one person on here would have done differently in his shoes, his wage packet and transfer fee helped fuel the club that bit longer, FACT!

Some of the reactions are pathetic tbh. If your boss came to you and said you can stay but you must take a massive wage cut or you can leave and more than double you wage what would you do?

Agreed.

The lad has a family and 40 years or retirement to think about. I would be offended if I was playing the way he was and was being asked to take a wage cut. Then you get offered 40 50k which is more than double what we would have been paying him, tax free as well is it not?

People on here tend to just blurt out replys without thinking the situation through.

He's 32 yo FFS.

So what are you saying here - you think I should be banned for having an opinion? Grow up son.

First of all he's 31 not 32 and has just had a remarkable season - arguably the best of his career.

Secondly, he knows the score, he knows what it takes to be a winner at Rangers and there's no reason to suggest he wouldn't be every bit as good, infact, chances are he'd be even better with Jelavic beside him.

As for better options? There's not a Scottish striker that can touch him and that includes Boyd, Fletcher, Goodwillie or anyone else you care to mention.

You know what you're getting with him, he works his socks off and bangs in goals left right and centre. Judge him on what he can bring to the team, nothing else.

Next.

Some of the contract offers the club have made to players have been a joke, you cant expect the guy to bang in goal after goal yet except a massive wage cut? No doubt he offered the club the chance to stay till the end of the season and they said they would rather take the money.