Chris Burke released

One or two seasons and he'll be as good if not better than burke is, seems like he's headed to espanyol anyway.

i suspect your right.

on both counts.

the best i have seen rangers play in the last decae wasa spell when we played a 4-3-3 with cousin up front and naisy and burk either side of him.

he also starred in our cl last 16 run. hes done well and played regularily at cardif a team thats done well in the league for the last 2 years.

we should not dismiss him.

especially over daft shit like he supports them and cant play in the heat which are myths.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good player when playing well, Like all wingers sometimes he has off days.

As a Squad player would Burke add something to our squad i think he would give us more options.

we could go for him instead of conway.

he would cost a bit more but almost certainly would bring more.

i suspect your right.

on both counts.

the best i have seen rangers play in the last decae wasa spell when we played a 4-3-3 with cousin up front and naisy and burk either side of him.

he also starred in our cl last 16 run. hes done well and played regularily at cardif a team thats done well in the league for the last 2 years.

we should not dismiss him.

especially over daft shit like he supports them and cant play in the heat which are myths.

Totaly agree there mate, he done a job for us and he's a decent enough player, but I'm not a big fan of bringing back ex-players, but if he was to come back then I'd welcome him with open arms.

Bring him back as a squad player as we need more flair in the team and then it would be up to him to prove he is worth a starting place. Always liked Burke but like all wingers a frustrating player on his game brilliant, when not a waste a space. (tu)

Him's a no for me. When he was on, IIRC in season before he signed his improved contract, he was on. Completely on fire. Ran rampant down that line and gave opponents no end of headaches.

then he signed. then he evaporated. was happy to see the back of him and I remain such.

There is no mystery to this..........Cardiff gambled on Bellamy, Promotion & £90 grand a week & it failed.

Burke is on £12000 a week, Boothroyd £7000 all the big earners are released or paid off.

If they didnt do it this year, they wont do it next or the following.

cardiff are more likely to go down than up now.

I can only imagine like Kenny Miller, that Burke was unwilling to take a wage cut hence released as he was easily one of the best players in Champ.

Its estimated the entire deal for Craig Bellamy was £4.5M-absolute fucking madness & no wonder many teams down south are struggling paying out sums like that for an arsehole.

I have no doubt Burke will be in the EPL with a mid to bottom side next year.

And HE SUPPORTS RANGERS.

i agree.

but i would point out the fainted in the heat thing is a bit of an urban legend. the lad had a blood virus that floored him for months.

hes done well at cardiff. i lways found him to be a ver effective player decent goal threat from the wings and his assist stats were good as well.

alright till a big game then shits himself.witness his performances against the tims and in last years wembley playoff.

alright till a big game then shits himself.witness his performances against the tims and in last years wembley playoff.

that's ok if you ignore his fine European perfprmances. villareal inter etc

oh and he total destroyed some Israeli mob under Walter.

There is no mystery to this..........Cardiff gambled on Bellamy, Promotion & £90 grand a week & it failed.

Burke is on £12000 a week, Boothroyd £7000 all the big earners are released or paid off.

If they didnt do it this year, they wont do it next or the following.

cardiff are more likely to go down than up now.

I can only imagine like Kenny Miller, that Burke was unwilling to take a wage cut hence released as he was easily one of the best players in Champ.

Its estimated the entire deal for Craig Bellamy was £4.5M-absolute fucking madness & no wonder many teams down south are struggling paying out sums like that for an arsehole.

I have no doubt Burke will be in the EPL with a mid to bottom side next year.

And HE SUPPORTS RANGERS.

man city paid bellamys wages. apart from a very small percent, cardiff have been in financial trouble for a few yrs and were banking on promotion this yr. there will be a clear out of all their big earners if possible this summer imo.

man city paid bellamys wages. apart from a very small percent, cardiff have been in financial trouble for a few yrs and were banking on promotion this yr. there will be a clear out of all their big earners if possible this summer imo.

Man City paid half-just read that but £45000 a week for a Champ club with less than 20,000 fans a fortnight.still madness

For Cardiff, over two seasons, his stats were 33 games started, 13 sub appearances, 5 goals and 9 assists. Now, for the previous season, it was 41 starts, 9 goals and seven assists. Compare that with Bellamy, who scored 11 goals and made 10 assists while starting 35 games. For me, Burke would be a good covering buy. A good buy for any Championship club.