Rangers sign norwegian twins from Man City

Rangers have completed the signings of Norwegian twin brothers Tom and Kim Skogsrud.

The defensive pair, 18, have moved to the club from Manchester City and have signed two-year contracts with Ally McCoist’s team.

“We shall be playing primarily with the under-19s this year,” Tom Skogsrud told Nettavisen. “We hope to train with the first team and possibly sit on the bench for the first team during the season.”

Both will join Rangers for pre-season training and in July and, having left Manchester City, are currently staying fit by training with former club Skeid in Norway.

Left-back Tom and central defender Kim both spent time on trial at Murray Park in March.

“We are both good, ball-playing defensive players,” said Kim Skogsrud. “We both like to get on the ball and can pass well.”

Good to hear (tu)

Meh.

We sign players like this all the time and they are normally released at the end of the following season.

Ponroy & Stanger ring a bell.

“We are both good, ball-playing defensive players,” said Kim Skogsrud. “We both like to get on the ball and can pass well.”

Sounds like they will fit in well to the SPL style of play.

is this actually true? cos i can not find it on any other website.

Yes been on sky sports news reel this morning. Although i dont see why we are getting youngsters in when we already have loads, the ones we have should be given a chance not pushed further down the already hard pecking order.

The idea is right. Probably will never hear about them ever again but the idea is right :craphead:

taking kids rejected by other clubs?

the idea was right when we produced young Scottish players. signing dregs from around Europe I can't see any track record of achievement in.