David Vaughan tempted by Rangers move as club make approach

scottjf82

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackpool midfielder David Vaughan has confirmed he had been subject to an approach from Rangers and would be attracted by a move to Ibrox.

Vaughan, 28, featured in the Wales team which lost 3-1 to Scotland on Wednesday night and is available on a free transfer, with his Blackpool contract due to expire shortly.

The player has a number of options on the table before deciding where his future lies but, speaking on Wednesday night, confirmed the Scottish Premier League champions have registered their interest with his agent.

“I know my agent has spoke to Rangers,” Vaughan told STV. “I’ve just got to take it from there and leave it in his hands.”

Reports earlier this week linked Vaughan with having signed a three-year deal with Sunderland to keep him in England’s top flight, but the player is yet to decide where his future lies.

A move to Scotland and in particular to Rangers would interest the player though, saying the possibility of playing in Europe next season could also help to sway his decision.

“In Scotland, Rangers are a massive club and they play in the Champions League. So it is an attraction.

“I’ve just got to weigh up all my options and see where it takes me.”

Vaughan started his career with Crewe Alexandra, playing 209 times for the club before Chris Coleman signed him for then-Spanish second tier side Real Sociedad.

His European adventure however was over within a year, with Coleman departing in January 2008 and Vaughan returning to England to sign for Blackpool in the summer.

Since then he has gone on to play 119 times for the Seasiders and was an ever-present in Ian Holloway’s team as they narrowly missed out on retaining their place in the English Premier League.

Great player and exactly what we're looking for.

Sign him Rangers. :uk:

Get him signed up.

Brilliant passer of the ball, is a much better footballer than Edu and McCulloch, is on no more than £10,000 a week at Blackpool and would work well with Davis.

It is amazing the lack of basic footballing knowledge many on here have.

So if someone doesn't share your opinion on a player, they lack basic footballing knowledge?

Charlie Adam was a standout for Blackpool yet a nobody at Rangers. I think it's only natural a few people might worry about Vaughan being similar

I've barely seen him play to be fair, bit IMO, he and not Adam ran the show for Blackpool on Sunday and that's enough for me.

Very tidy player, can pick a pass, composed, gets stuck in but can get forward too, him and Davis would be great together I'd imagine.

Get him signed up.

Brilliant passer of the ball, is a much better footballer than Edu and McCulloch, is on no more than £10,000 a week at Blackpool and would work well with Davis.

I'm sure I read in the Mail last week he's on £6/wk. Gilks was on £3k/wk!

I'm sure I read in the Mail last week he's on £6/wk. Gilks was on £3k/wk!

I don't know what exactly he is on but there is not one single Blackpool player on more thann £10,000 a week.