David Vaughan tempted by Rangers move as club make approach

scottjf82

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a midfielder next to Davis. We kind of got over run at times in the OF games. Do people think he can give us that extra bit of quality we need in terms of passing skills? Ball retention? Distribution?

aye without a doubt he is a country mile ahead of Jig & Edu

It is atm. I think messi will weigh up his options after Saturday.

Fuck all to do with Messi, no one is demanding to win the Champions League ffs, sounds like more quick fixes and short termism then as usual. No ambition, just going through the motions and hoping for the best. Rangers are more than just an SPL title, we are bigger and better than just that. Treble and a good crack at the group stages please. :)

Adams a one trick pony! Vaughan is definitely a better option than edu in the midfield. Therefore, he is worth a shout.

What do you mean by a one trick pony? Surely it is pretty hard to be a one trick pony as a midfielder Also he had an outstanding season considering the team he was playing for.

But I definitely agree with you that we should get Vaughan ahead of Adam!

So if someone doesn't share your opinion on a player, they lack basic footballing knowledge?

Charlie Adam was a standout for Blackpool yet a nobody at Rangers. I think it's only natural a few people might worry about Vaughan being similar

I agree with you but a word of caution - when you consider Adam's time at Rangers, to that of Blackpool, you have to remember that Adam was bought for his preferred role at Blackpool, where as he grew up through the ranks at Rangers and was played where he was told to play. Adam also had a lot of weight on his shoulders at the time, as most fans recognised his talent early on and expected big things from him but did not account for the fact that being played out of position did not help this.

I believe that if Adam had managed to stay at rangers for one more year, he would be our captain and recognised as a fantastic Bear.

I still can't believe some people still don't rate Charlie Adam. The guy is fantastic!

One trick pony, don't make me laugh. What's his trick then?

Scoring free kicks, whipping in corners, playing 70 yard passes cross field, tremendous vision, a rasping shot.

Which one is his only trick? :lol:

Like I said before Vaughan is a top player. Anyone that can go to old trafford and play well is alright with me.

Anybody who thinks Vaughan would be a pish signing, needs to pull there head out from the clouds because the guy is a fantastic player, how many of you watched the game against Man United at the weekend? he played fantastic just like he has all season.

Fuck all to do with Messi, no one is demanding to win the Champions League ffs, sounds like more quick fixes and short termism then as usual. No ambition, just going through the motions and hoping for the best. Rangers are more than just an SPL title, we are bigger and better than just that. Treble and a good crack at the group stages please. :)

I concur. European success should be our long term ambition, it's just 'how' we get there, that's the issue.